Author Topic: So I have this Go board...  (Read 2189 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
So I have this Go board...
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:16:43 am »
I have a Go board I bought several years ago when "Hikaru no Go" made it's first appearance in Shonen Jump. I haven't used it in years, and while it pains me a bit, I think it'd do better with Kumoricon than it would me.

It's perfectly fine. All the stones are there in their respective little baggies, and there's a perfectly good board. I even have a book on how to play Go that's really handy for moves and the like.

So could I donate the book and board to Kumoricon? I can drop it off at the upcoming picnic or just hang on to it until Kumoricon. I don't want to donate it to Goodwill since everything will probably end up scattered all over aisle 4 or something (I love goodwill, but seriously, you find a toy, puzzle, or board game in one piece and it should be declared a miracle).

Can anyone help me out? If you guys don't need another Go board, I can probably donate it to M.E.W.con, too so don't feel forced to take it. Up to you guys.

Thanks!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
Re: So I have this Go board...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:56 am »
I'm sure Kumori Con could benefit from your kind donation ^_^. Talk to Jaki Hunt, the Director of Programming (programming@kumoricon.org). Do you plan on being at the next General Meeting (March 22)? That would be a good time to hand it off to an exec or staffer.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: So I have this Go board...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:30:05 am »
Yeah, I'll try to go. Especially if I managed to snag an Artist Alley booth since I want to pay for it then.

I posted a bit on MEWcon about it, but I'm willing to divy it up between the book and the board (the book can go to one con and the board to another. That sort of thing.)
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"