Author Topic: Where is the Pocky Club?  (Read 2906 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Where is the Pocky Club?
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:00 pm »
I'm unsure where I would post a topic directing an idea to the pocky club. Could someone point me in their direction?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
Re: Where is the Pocky Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:42 pm »
What would you like Sir? :3
I like goats.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:16:49 pm »
To ask permission for support in a possible joint-club fundraiser at K-con.

I am hoping to make 50 foam LARP swords over the summer, and hope to sell them for a day or two in the dealer's hall. For a convention themed approach, I wanted to cover the swords with colored socks equal to the different kinds of Pocky (strawberry=pink, chocolate=brown, etc.) I was wondering if it was in your power to allow or even promote selling pocky-like toy swords at the con? I've seen at some other events a couple people having little playful "pocky battles" trying to break the others' stick first. With these they can take it to an epic scale and the sticks won't break. I would help advertise pocky and the pocky club in that sense, and my own LARP non-profit group. The sticks would be sold in pairs with instructions on safe play and maintenance.

Just asking before mimicking. :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:19:58 am »
the peep you want to speak to is Tom Munkres, he is the chief, prez ect, and can be reached at   

pockyclub@gmail.com

he will review and send out a e-mail to the rest of pocky club and it has been awhile since we have had a pocky club meeting

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »
To ask permission for support in a possible joint-club fundraiser at K-con.

I am hoping to make 50 foam LARP swords over the summer, and hope to sell them for a day or two in the dealer's hall. For a convention themed approach, I wanted to cover the swords with colored socks equal to the different kinds of Pocky (strawberry=pink, chocolate=brown, etc.) I was wondering if it was in your power to allow or even promote selling pocky-like toy swords at the con? I've seen at some other events a couple people having little playful "pocky battles" trying to break the others' stick first. With these they can take it to an epic scale and the sticks won't break. I would help advertise pocky and the pocky club in that sense, and my own LARP non-profit group. The sticks would be sold in pairs with instructions on safe play and maintenance.

Just asking before mimicking. :)

About 90% of Kcon's dealers hall is spoken for already.  AA already had a waiting list.  Make sure to see if you can procure space before committing any funds to this.  Kcon dealer's hall is highly sought after. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 06:57:11 am »
Yeah, those sound great but like our Relations Director said, there's not really room for any more booths. I am especially sure of this since my wife is the Exhibitor's Hall manager.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:03:22 pm »
Alright, it was worth a try. I'll just bring a handful of sticks and have Pocky duels in the park or something.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:45 am »
I have a cosplay skit featuring a war between the Strawberry and Chocolate Pocky Ninja Villages. Would anyone from the Pocky Club like to participate?
(if this doesn't fit the topic are anymore, can someone please direct it to the right area?)

Offline fanboy!

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 09:49:47 pm »
I have a cosplay skit featuring a war between the Strawberry and Chocolate Pocky Ninja Villages. Would anyone from the Pocky Club like to participate?
(if this doesn't fit the topic are anymore, can someone please direct it to the right area?)
woah god your creative i can't wait to see this lol it'll be epic strawberry pocky owns!
Fanboy always wins!