Author Topic: What Animes do you watch?  (Read 19355 times)

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
What Animes do you watch?
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:43:41 pm »
Well, I watch Disney way too much. But I like it because it's not about:
Drugs.
Sex
Violence.

Anyway, I watch:
Toradora, and Death Note.

Death note bugs me slightly, becuase of the killing of all the awesome characters. 0.0

I love Toradora because it's funny, and I love Aisaka Taiga. She's ace, man. :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:38:53 pm by Stevie »

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: What Animes do you watch?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:18:24 pm »
MY LIST SORTED MY GENRE AND RATED OUT OF 5 STARS:
List will be updated when I feel like it.
School/Slice of Life:
Azumanga Daioh 5/5: Absolutely fantastic, Osaka and Chiyo-chan are just so cute
Toradora! 4/5: Great, love it. Taiga is hilarious.
Lucky Star 2/5: Did not care for it, but I do see why some people enjoy it.
Zetsubou Sensei: 5/5 Great characters, great music, highly enjoyable.

Action:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 5/5: Blood, Guts, FABULOUS
Fist of the North Star 10/5: Ever want to see a man kick a tank to death, well here is the series for you.
Soul Eater 4/5: Great Characters, good plot, Original
FMA 3/5: I enjoyed it but it didn't wow me. However I am looking forward to the relaunch
DBZ 5/5: My first anime.
Black Lagoon: 5/5. This is one of the most foulmouthed shows I've ever watched, and it fits perfectly with the tone.
One Piece: 5/5. Great Characters, Great action. Great Show.
Naruto: 1/5: Just no.
Bleach: 3/5: Good fights, not much else.
Hellsing Ultimate: 5/5 Forget the old tv series and wacth this masterpiece now. Warning not for the squeamish.

Magical Girl
:
Sailor Moon 4/5: My first of many things, mainly animated crushes. I still love Mercury
Lyrical Girl Nanoha 5/5: Get past the first few episodes and it becomes one of the best things ever.
Cutey Honey 7/5: Plays out more like a super robot show than magical girl show, due in part to it's creator: Go Nagai
Pretty Cure 4/5: One of the best newer ones, aside from Nanoha.

Mecha:
This one will be broken into two lists. Super Robots and Real robots.

Super Robots:
Mazinger Z: There is no rating for the original piloted robot show, it is still the best. Watch the newest OVA, Mazinkaiser, to prepare yourself for the new series coming out in 09. Created by Go Nagai
Getter Robo: Same category of Mazinger Z.
King of Braves: GaoGaiGar: 5/5. If you can make it through the first 25 episodes of Monster of the Week formula, prepare yourself for one of the greatest thrill rides in all of anime. After finishing watch GGG: Final.
Gunbuster: 5/5. In six episodes you will laugh, cry, shout "EFFF YEAH!", cry some more, and then cry tears of joy. Watching the Sequel Diebuster is optional but recommended.
Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann: 5/5 Best anime of 2007 in many people's eyes. For good reason. You will cry manly tears.
Goddannar: 3/5. Watch for fan service, not much else.
Big O: 5/5 Pulp noir and robots. One of the best. Watch the English not the Japanese dub.

Real Robots:
Macross: 5/5 Outstanding. Forget anything you knew about Robotech and treat yourself to the source. After watching the original series, I suggest Macross 7 and Macross Plus.
Votoms: 4/5. Great, outstandingly realistic. But the animation does suffer from age.

Gundam: Will get it's own post at a later time.

Thriller/Mystery:
When they Cry: 3/5. Likable but sometimes does wear thin.
Baccano!: 5/5 Great Music, great characters, excellent plot.
Darker than Black: 4/5 Watch it.
Speed Grapher: 5/5 One of my all time favorites.

This post contains ridiculous amounts of opinion and if you do not agree with me, fine, but don't call my list rubbish or some other demeaning word. make you own list, state your opinions.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:06:33 pm by Man of the Public »

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:59:24 am »
Is this a thread about what we have watched or what we are watching?

What I've watched: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Trumby

What I currently watch (weekyl): Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 08:50:56 am »
Is this a thread about what we have watched or what we are watching?

What I've watched: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Trumby

What I currently watch (weekyl): Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.
Baw, I made one of those and spent around 4 hours logging how much I watched and IT DIDN'T KEEP TRACK OF ANY OF IT.

So sad~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:20 am »
Currently, I'm watching Blue Seed.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:40:15 pm »
Been thinking about finishing up Higurashi, since that seemed really good. Maybe Vampire Knight, I saw a part of that...

But, I've REALLY wanted to see Nana. I read the manga, and I'm currently watching the movie. =p I needta finish that.

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:51:30 pm »
My Gundam post
Broken up my UC (Universal Century) and AC (Alternate Centuries)

UC:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Original. 5/5. Has it all Char, Armuro, Bright Noah, Sayla, The RX-78 Gundam, Zaku-IIs, Goufs, Acguys, Zeons and the Freddies. All that's left to say is SEIG ZEON!
008th MS Team: 4/5 Great action, Likable characters, suffers from a tacted on Romeo and Juliet romance.
Zeta Gundam: 5/5 Great show, but be warned Tomino is at the helm.
ZZ Gundam: 4/5 First half is a bit too comedic but the last half more than makes up for it.
0080: War in the pocket: 5/5 You will cry.
MS IGLOO: 4/5 If you can stand the CGI then watch it, a great tale from the Zeon's point of view.

AC:

G Gundam: 5/5 Take one part Gundam, One part Super Robot anime, One part Fighting tournament, With a dash of cultural stereotypes the you have yourself a great ride that doesn't take itself to seriously
Gundam Wing: 3/5 to 4/5 If it wasn't for the yaoi fangirls it would be great. If you can ignore any and all shipping then watch it.
Gundam X: 5/5 It's a what if of the UC timeline, What if Zeon dropped 13 colonies instead of 1. Mad Max meets Gaint Robots
Turn A Gundam: Tries to connect all that came before into one timeline. Watch it but don't dwell on the Timeline of the connect universes. 4/5
Gundam SEED: 2/5 with Destiny, 3/4 with out: it was decent but skippable
Gundam 00: 3.5/5 First season was great, but the second season is quickly becoming a trainwreck.

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 05:33:11 pm »
---
Haha, DN annoys me a bit too xD I've only watched the movie, but the intense killing of random people just...no.

That annoys me too. But at least he has a reason. If I were a killer I'd do the same thing.

If I was a mass-murderer. But I'm not.0.0  But I suggest you watch the Anime. Not the movie. The movie doesn't entirely follow the plotline.
L doesn't look right.
Light is too chubby.
Misa needs to have LONGER BLONDE hair. Not shorter brown hair. 0.0

Many flaws. Little ones to be exact.

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 05:56:36 pm »
Well, I've watched quite a few anime series, but the only ones I'm watching currently are Kuroshitsuji, Junjou Romantica, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and the Tales of the Abyss anime (I loved the game, so...yeah 8D).

One anime I'll watch over and over is Princess Tutu, because it's the most beautiful story, and I'm like, in love with it. ;w;
Also, Sailor Moon and the first season of Pokemon, because I'm just so awesome like that.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:54 pm »
I really enjoyed reading the DeathNote Manga, then I began the Anime. It was a bit dramatic but I still enjoyed it. The movie I agree with Dana about.....it should be viewed as a different story.....

And I have the WORST habbit ever of starting Animes and not finishing them......Its really bad.

I do generaly like Yuri/Shoujo Ai, Horror, and Fantasy Animes best though. (Not too big on Highschool dramas or MECHAs.....) If it has more than 30 episodes I normally avoid it due to time restraints and limited attention span.

*Oh and there is nothing wrong with Disney movies! I love them lots and lots! I must say that I absolutly loved Enchanted, one of the songs from that movie is going to be in my wedding even!*
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »
Let's see, what do I watch. My list is dwarfed by these other posters, heh.

- Comedy
- Azumanga Daioh
- The Boondocks
- Comic Party
- Doki Doki School Hours
- Ninin ga Shinobuden
- Drama/Action/Fantasy
- Big O
- Death Note
- Final Fantasy: Unlimited
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Outlaw Star
- Paranoia Agent
- Record of Lodoss War
- Sailor Moon
- Saiyuki
- Wolf's Rain
- Horror
- Requiem from the Darkness

There's more, just can't think right now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:08:12 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:09:23 am »
Completed:
The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Gravitation (Lol)
Lucky Star
Death Note
Digimon (First Season)
Fruits Basket

Watching:
Eureka Seven
Code Geass
Chobits
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Full Metal Alchemist
Ouran High School Host Club
Shugo Chara
Jigoku Shoujo
Strawberry Panic

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 01:31:32 am »
It's easier for me to list animes that I don't watch then ones I do because if someone recommends a show to me and it sounds interesting and fits within my parameters, I'll give it a try.

So anime I don't watch~
Anime with triple digit numbers... AND STILL ONGOING! For kinda the same reasons as Spider. Too many episodes= my brain explodes. My one exception is even if there are triple digit episodes, but the series is concluded. Then I know how many hours of my life I'll be wasting watching the show @_@.

Whiney high school dramas >_<. There's only so much angst I can take.

I generally don't like fantasy series. The only one I've kinda liked was Record of Lodoss War and even then the characters got on my nerves from time to time.

I think that's about it. I will say I'm kinda interested to watch FMA because I borrowed the manga from a friend and it's actually pretty good (but it scares me the fact that the manga is still ongoing >_<) but at least the anime is complete.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 07:03:47 am »
I think that's about it. I will say I'm kinda interested to watch FMA because I borrowed the manga from a friend and it's actually pretty good (but it scares me the fact that the manga is still ongoing >_<) but at least the anime is complete.
For now, anyway ;)

Baw, I made one of those and spent around 4 hours logging how much I watched and IT DIDN'T KEEP TRACK OF ANY OF IT.

So sad~
Haha, you should. It is interesting to see how much time you've spent watching anime :P Like just with my completed animes list, I've watched 54.90 DAYS watching anime..that is 1,317 HOURS. o.o
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 06:45:46 pm »
Like the earlier poster - What don't I watch?  I have Anime Friday at my house every Friday night, so we see a lot of stuff.

One anime that I didn't see mentioned is Zettai Karen Children.  If you like comedy that also makes fun of other animes (lots of parodies) then this is for you.  It also has Hayate the Combat Butler making a few guest appearances.  The last episode (#46) was a Death Note parody that had me holding my sides (I pulled a muscle I was laughing so hard).  Definitely give it a look.  The first episode is not a very good reperesentation of the whole.  Watch five episodes, then decide if you want to continue.  Another show that had a great Lucky Star parody episode in it was Kannagi.  I liked this show, but the ending of the first season is a cliffhanger.  I hate that!

I agree with everyone who already mentioned Toradora.  This show is one of the best out there. 10 out of 5 stars.   ;D

For pure zany antics watch Kemeko Deluxe.  It is like FLCL or Excel Saga.  Pure insanity from beginning to end.  Another good one is Ninja Nonsense.

For good action and story RideBack is pretty popular right now.  I just wish it came out faster.  Another popular action anime is Regios, it is sort of like Scryed  If you liked that show then give Regios a try.

For those who want a Shōjo fix then watch Saiunkoku Monogatari.  This show is the best period drama I have ever seen.  Loads of fun.  Guys will like this one as well if they give it a try.  You might even get your parents to watch this one with you.  It really does grab you.

My list is mainly shows that are current,  believe me I can give you a much longer list if you want all the shows I like.  ;)

As was already mentioned the best magical girl show is Nanoha.  It is obvious that the first season is stealing a lot from CardCaptor Sakura, but I think it actully is better than that show in some ways.  The second season Nanoha A's has the heroine growing up quite a bit and the story arc is a little darker.  The last season StikerS has Nanoha as an adult instructor teaching young mages.  It is more mature than either of the previous two.

If you want an anime that is beautiful to look at and has a decent storyline then check out Moribito - Guardian of the Sacred Spirit.  This anime started on Adult Swim, but I guess has been dropped.  A real shame because the show is AWESOME!  The animation is Ghibli quality throughout the entire series.  A true masterpiece.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 01:58:12 pm »
AnimeMatrix has a good point - I'll start a new thread on it soon:
Anime you DON'T watch, or avoid, or BAIL EARLY.
(Watch for New Thread)

If I did a list of anime I've watched it'd probably top 150 titles.
Anime I sipped and BAILED on would top 300 easily.

So my Current Watching List is:

Kannagi
Persona - Trinity Soul
Ride Back
Shikabane Hime
Tytania
Tou Aru Majustu no Index

Of these, so far Tytania is my favorite.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 02:25:36 pm »
My current list is...

Michiko To Hatchin
Kaiji (Almost done, HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP)
Akagi
Soul Eater
Toradora
Saikano
Macross Frontier
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 06:36:47 pm »
This thread title just has me flummoxed. I've been posting in the What are you watching thread in the spam forum for years now. So what gets me with this thread, is the question of which do I consider that I watch, or is it watched, or is it the ones I would like to watch over and over again?

Or is it, which genre do I prefer? That I can easily answer. Yes! I watch many different genres, that is what makes anime so fun to watch in my eyes. That maybe I don't ordinarily like to watch dramas, or mysteries, or insanely out there comedies, but in anime form, I can deal with it much better than say it were on prime time TV here.

In my reading preferences, I mostly peruse sci-fi. And in anime, there are many sci-fi titles to choose from. Some are stories that if they were in book form, I would not care to bother with, but in the anime I think they are smashing, Ghost in the Shell comes to mind.

But if you are asking what I am watching now, Toward the Terra and Naruto Uncut Box Set 12. I am enjoying them both.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:16 pm »
You guys can watch so many things at once. So, I'm taking volume ONE of Death Note back to my school's library, and getting volume two. :D I finished the first volume in four hours total. :D

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: High-speed Anime!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 07:24:11 am »
Since I've been watching subtitles for YEARS, I've noticed I can read much faster than before. So, if a show is 'meh, okay...' then I will often watch at 2x or even 3x speed using my media player. That way you can do a whole 26-ep show over a weekend!

I enjoyed Toward the Terra - There is a secondary character on board the space ship that I am pondering for an Obama-parody AMV-hell type of clip.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:26:54 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 10:11:48 am »
You guys can watch so many things at once. So, I'm taking volume ONE of Death Note back to my school's library, and getting volume two. :D I finished the first volume in four hours total. :D
Wow. o-o
It took me like Twenty minutes. x3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 10:20:32 am »
Wow. o-o

I think Stevie may be referring to Volume 1 of the DVD, heh, not the manga.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:20 am »
Wow. o-o

I was pondering that as well, but aren't the episodes like 25 minutes long?  How do you get four hours for one DVD?  Reading volume one of the manga, takes as long as it takes, sooo...?  Stevie may need to watch more subtitled anime, a sure fire way to bring up your reading speed.   ;D

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 10:47:39 am »
Wow. o-o

Ooooh, I feel dumb. 8D
Aren't there only Four episodes on the DVD though?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50:28 am »
Wow. o-o

Ooooh, I feel dumb. 8D
Aren't there only Four episodes on the DVD though?

Yeah, but I figured maybe you just took breaks in between, lol. This was a thread about watching anime after all. I was trying to put pieces together.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:50:49 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Kannagi PUNS!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 11:53:15 am »
I am enjoying the PUNS in Kannagi.

But I think that that sort of punning is uncommon for school age Japanese kids,
who often call that sort of humor 'oyaji gyagu' or 'old-fart jokes.'
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dajare

Ep 2 & 3 had a a couple of killers:

mendou dakara, men DOU da?
("Because it'd be inconvenient, how about noodles")

and '"...eigo de aho offu man."
('and in English, the twit with his [ahoge] removed...)

A. Hoffman = Abbie Hoffman reference. LOVE IT!

What's COOL about these puns is that they seem "dub-proof:"
If a US-based licensee insists on dubbing the show (never necessary imho) it will be nearly impossible to construct an exact equivalent to these kinds of jokes or how they work.

Screwing things up for anime wreckers dubbers is a fine and entertaining thing indeed...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:54:02 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:02 pm »
Wow. o-o

No, I meant the manga. Considering  that I have about ten minutes of the day all to myself at school. I was over-halfway done. :D I finished it yesterday, I just got the second one today. :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 10:00:05 am »
Ah, well enjoy! Death Note is one of my favorite manga, period. There are such brilliant exhibitions of logic and mental battle in there, it's stunning.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:00:15 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 11:04:52 am »
I agree. Mental battles of wits.

I love it. XD

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »
Stratagies and counterstratagies ...

... so, WHICH goblet has the iocaine powder in it? (Princess Bride ref...)

I am enjoying Shikabane Hime now; the TV series ep 8 or 9 just caught up to where the manga began, so there was actually some interesting backfill going on. Other than that,

Tagami Keisei is a Kurosaki Ichigo UPGRADE.
Kasuka Nozomi us an Orihime UPGRADE.
Hoshimura Makina is a Rukia UPGRADE.
(She comes with two MAC-11 SMGs and extra magazines.)

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:25 pm »
FINISHED:
Deathnote
FLCL
Code Geass R1
Xam'd: Lost Memories

I'M WORKING ON IT!:
Code Geass R2
FMA

I WANNA SEE!:
Hellsing
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Speed Grapher
Trigun
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 09:53:56 am »
Wow, many many many things to watch, eh?

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:17 am »
Yeah I know XD
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:08 pm »
The Kujibiki Unbalance DVDs have Genshiken OVAs as extras. I really like them. The second Genshiken OVA deals with Otaku couture. If that isn't an oxymoron..... Anway, I really liked that story, the thoughts and goings-on inside the head of an otaku, just to get a pair of pants. The only way he managed to accomplish buying a pair of pants, was to treat clothes buying as something an otaku would do.

So it makes me wonder if they have otaku jokes like we have various ethnic group jokes here. Like, how long does it take an otaku to buy a pair of pants? or Where does an otaku buy a bar of soap?

While Kujibiki is a fun anime to watch, I prefer Genshiken, as it is just a slice of otaku, no more, no less. I am just guessing, but I wonder if the creators of anime and manga are much less otaku than their consumers?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30:42 am »
@jay, I haven't actually watched Kujibiki, but Genshiken was amazing!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 08:55:26 pm »
For me now, it is hard to say which to watch first. If one is going to watch both, that is. But if choosing only one, go with Genshiken. You don't have to stretch your willing suspension of disbelief to the breaking point. I bet a lot of college students identified very much with the story line, if not the exact events therein.

There is only one anime from the 80s that I would recommend to watch, Urasei Yatsura. Though I don't speak Japanese, that show had me laughing so hard at several points, it hurt. But towards the end, it had lost steam, due to losing writers, and basically stopping story development in its tracks. Too bad, I was really wanting to know what would happen.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 06:51:59 am »
basically anything really. There are some I stray away from but if it's got boobs, fighting, blood, a good plot line, is amazingly funny, has awesome costumes, is romantic but not stupidly, relates to me in some way, or is yaoi/yuri I'll watch it. I have more to add to that but whatever. really anything I watch I'll probably be cosplaying from with a friend. ^_^ if I'm not cosplaying from it it's a yaoi or a series with no one set outfit. ;3

The only reason why I typed that^^^^ is because I'm extremely lazy and don't feel like typing all my fave series. >_<
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:18:59 pm by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:03 am »
Right now I'm enjoying Ride Back and Shikabane Hime 2nd season.

How is Vipers Creed?
What's cool about it?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 11:35:01 pm »
Vipers creed, I watched the first ep, and wasn't too impress.  The animation was great but it was just a bunch of futuristic mobile weapons fighting it out on the street.  Not sure how much I like that kind of stuff, need character development.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 07:42:54 pm »
finished:
His and Her Circumstances
Ouran
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Fruits Basket
Vampire Knight
Toradora
Orphen
Etc.

Currently watching:
Soul Eater
Axis Powers Hetalia (these need to be longer >:O !)
Kuroshitsuji
Nodame Cantabile (okay, the new episodes come out in fall... so I'm waiting. ><)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:19 am »
Now into Shikabane Hime - Kuro (2nd series.)
Started the old, long Condor Hero. Enjoying that cuz:
- it's NOT a harem show,
- the main male character is not a twit or a wuss-boy
- Scenery and costuming is interesting.
This show is 'almost not anime' because there is no Japanese language track.
The OP and ED are sung in Japanese though, and the animation was actually produced by a Japanese studio. But this was obviously made for an export audience, much like Vampire Hunter D. The eye designs are a little different from what I've seen in current anime, but similar to styles in, say the early 1990s (unlike VHD with those jelly-bean shaped eyes, I've never seen in any other anime...)
Available languages are English, Mandarin and Cantonese. We are watching in Mandarin and I am picking up a few phrases and crumbs of grammar. (That's what subtitles are for, right? )

To Aru Majutsu no Index - funny in some spots and a serious magical combat story in other places. Weird claims about, err ' Christian' magic - but hey, relax, it's just a show. This is why anime nuns function pretty much like mikos. I don't expect anime studios to even attempt to portray what really goes on, say, during a consecration of bread and wine, for example - but I do believe the special effects would be amazing if they ever took a stab at it.)

Tytania - Glorious! Well except for ep. 15 which had annoying kiddie content in it, but I had been warned, so with that behind us now it's supposed to be an uphill surge to a climactic finifsh. Lots of machevellian intrigue, well thought-out political maneuvers. Definitely handsome men, and top-notch costume design.

Shakugan no Shana II: Shana is still a tsundere but she's growing more respectful of Saito, who himself is improving his combat skills. Both are a lot less annoying than they were in the 1st season.

Saw xxxHolic Shunmuki - is there *more* to this show, or was it a one-shot OVA?

Bailed on Witch Blade. The characters in the 1st ep seemed unlikable to me, and the drawing style was old in a flakey sort of way. Condor (above) is about as old, but somehow still watchable for me.

In the up-next funnel:
Toradora! (Am waiting to finish Shana II - I don't think I can handle more than one Shana/Taiga/Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) at one time.
Vipers Creed - I'll give it a try.
Zettai Karen Children - Supposed to be funny...

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 11:38:50 am »

In the up-next funnel:
Toradora! (Am waiting to finish Shana II - I don't think I can handle more than one Shana/Taiga/Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) at one time.
Vipers Creed - I'll give it a try.
Zettai Karen Children - Supposed to be funny...

Zettai Karen Children is in the same universe as Combat Butler Hayate, in fact the characters from that show have guest appearances in ZKC.  Zettai also has a lot of parodies.  I like it a lot.  The first episode is NOT a good representation of the whole.  So please watch about 5 episodes before making a decision on wheather or not you like the series.

Vipers Creed starts out sort of vauge, but the show is getting more interesting, they spend an episode trying to define each of the members,  Once you have watched the first few episodes and understand the characters, they start developing the story.

Toradora was a favorite at my Anime Friday.  This show is just a lot of fun.  The ending is sort of abrupt, but that is nothing new in anime.

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 02:13:11 pm »
Currently watching Rental Magica, othing special, but a good time waster. Not too long, good chars, bit of a lack of story thoughXD

About to start either Soul Eater, or D. Grey Man, or CBH
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 03:39:18 am »
The club over here is watching:
- Michiko to Hacchin
- Spice and Wolf
- Princess Tutu
- (Original) Macross
- And whatever we nominate for Fresh Friday

On my own spare time:
- REwatching Princess Tutu (I honestly feel in love with the storytelling.)
- Toradora
- Kino's Journey (I'm always watching this one)

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 07:50:36 am »
As it is the Spring season now I am watching Basquash! (Robots playing basketball), Mazinger Z, and K-on

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 09:51:09 am »
I am now watching.... Nothing.

NOTHIN' MON.

So gimme suggestions. :D

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 12:28:26 pm »
@Stevie
I second Macross Frontier.
Also K-On, Baquash!, and Beck.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 01:18:04 am »

NOTHIN' MON.

Gotta catch none?

Sorry, had to say it. ^_^
Anyway...

Third motion on Macross Frontier.
Also Soul Eater, Nodame Cantabile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:18:36 am by Negima »

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »
To add to my new season list: BASARA, and FMA: Brotherhood

oslapedo

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 09:53:48 pm »
This season I've got three, Eden of the East, FMA: Brotherhood, and K-ON!  :)