Author Topic: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread  (Read 907541 times)

Offline Meowzrz24

• Oni
Re: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread
« Reply #1250 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »
Here's two pictures of my face! I'm also short (5' 2") and tan. Who should I cosplay as?! Lots of options please! : )
You don't have to pick from one of these anime but I watch Pokemon, Baka to Test, OHSHC,Shuffle, Naruto, and many more! I love Legend of Zelda as well! <3

Offline Meowzrz24

• Oni
« Reply #1251 on: April 23, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
Here's the second picture of me with unclipped up bangs! : )

Offline LIGHT

• Cabbit
« Reply #1252 on: April 24, 2013, 07:12:54 pm »
I know I posted last year, but I want to get an Idea of characters for this year! I had some ideas but...I realized they'd be too hot to wear In late august Early September. XD So I'm looking for some that aren't super layered outfits.
Hair: Blond/colored
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3
White but I tan easily
I've got more of a dancers build.

These are the most recent photos I have that I'm not wearing a wig or in cosplay. XD Ahaha

I Pretty much Love all Magical Girl Anime's I'm really up for any suggestions but I don't really like Si-Fi or Law Anime too much.
I am down for wearing a wig, contacts, I've got a pretty good grasp on sewing but I'm not down to paint my whole body a different color. XD
I cosplayed as Misa From Death Note and Winry from Full Metal recently so I don't want to do them.
Also, I'm def. going as Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara this year!

Maka, Amulet Heart, Sailor Mars

Offline nug

• Oni
« Reply #1253 on: May 04, 2013, 08:05:53 pm »
Alright lets see what happens  never done it before, first con in fact.   Really thought about desert punk but hes done alot and alot more then i want to get into.  Also im a little tall for him  6"4'  thought about main guy from cowboy bebop(drawin a blank) but hair is a little long.   Im down for any ideas but try to avoid anything samuri, thats all i can come up with lol   thanks for any ideas  o ya budget is anything but like to do as cheap as possible, cant sew for crap either, prefer not do dye hair but maybe and  uhh  ya           sry bout the tiny pic,  phonrs a pain
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:19:28 pm by nug »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1254 on: May 24, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »
Hey, everybody. Looking for cosplay suggestions for my wife.

Open to any and all suggestions, just toss out any similarities you notice.

Here are a couple pics.

Out of cosplay:

In cosplay:

Thanks for your help!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1255 on: May 26, 2013, 11:23:50 am »
I could see her going as Meyrin, the maid from "Black Butler" (I think that's her name), Roberta from "Black Lagoon," Dr. Matsudaira from "Blue Seed" (though most probably wouldn't know who she'd be), a nurse from "Silent Hill" (because those are always fun), and Rena from "When They Cry."
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Jarotz

• Oni
« Reply #1256 on: June 01, 2013, 12:29:09 am »
Hey, I had been skipped earlier, so here I am again. :)

I'm Male, 6'0", 135 lbs, and have a slim buildThe left and right pictures are of the current me and my red-ish curly hair, with and without glasses as I'm nearsighted (I don't have a problem not wearing them, though). The center photo is several years old, of me with my hair straightened for a school play.
Anime: Cowboy Bebop, SAO, FMA: Brotherhood, Toradora!, Clannad: AS, Baccano!, Hetalia, Summer Wars, among a great many othersGames: Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect
TV/Movies: Firefly, Sherlock (BBC), The Lord of the Rings I do have Scott Pilgrim as a fallback, but I've always been one of those "go big or go home" kind of guys when it comes to this stuff.That being said, I'm cool with wearing makeup, masks, wigs dying/straightening/cutting/letting my hair grow out and the like, elaborate costumes, etc. I have a job so I'll be able to put some real money into this if I wanted. I haven't tried my hand at building (armor) or sewing, but I know people that do and can learn. I won't Crossplay though. That about covers it. Thanks everyone!
Okay, 3... 2... 1... Let's Jam.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1257 on: June 02, 2013, 12:04:04 am »
So I'm looking at your list, and here's what comes to my mind...

Cowboy Bebop - ...maybe as Spike.
SAO - No idea what that is.
FMA: Brotherhood - Maybe as Roy Mustang, but I'd have a better idea if you had black hair and a clean-shaven face...
Toradora! - Definitely as Yusaku.
Clannad - I don't know the series well enough to give an opinion on this, only that Tomoya would not be a good option.
Baccano! - Perhaps as Gustav, Luck, or Victor...
Hetalia - Maybe as England.
Summer Wars - I could definitely see Kenji, but King Kazma could be awesome.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #1258 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:32 pm »
Hey, I had been skipped earlier, so here I am again. :)

I'm Male, 6'0", 135 lbs, and have a slim buildThe left and right pictures are of the current me and my red-ish curly hair, with and without glasses as I'm nearsighted (I don't have a problem not wearing them, though). The center photo is several years old, of me with my hair straightened for a school play.
Anime: Cowboy Bebop, SAO, FMA: Brotherhood, Toradora!, Clannad: AS, Baccano!, Hetalia, Summer Wars, among a great many othersGames: Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect
TV/Movies: Firefly, Sherlock (BBC), The Lord of the Rings I do have Scott Pilgrim as a fallback, but I've always been one of those "go big or go home" kind of guys when it comes to this stuff.That being said, I'm cool with wearing makeup, masks, wigs dying/straightening/cutting/letting my hair grow out and the like, elaborate costumes, etc. I have a job so I'll be able to put some real money into this if I wanted. I haven't tried my hand at building (armor) or sewing, but I know people that do and can learn. I won't Crossplay though. That about covers it. Thanks everyone!

I think you would make an excellent Jacuzzi Splot, from Baccano!
Switched to M-ayumii

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #1259 on: June 05, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »
I know I posted last year, but I want to get an Idea of characters for this year! I had some ideas but...I realized they'd be too hot to wear In late august Early September. XD So I'm looking for some that aren't super layered outfits.
Hair: Blond/colored
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3
White but I tan easily
I've got more of a dancers build.

These are the most recent photos I have that I'm not wearing a wig or in cosplay. XD Ahaha

I Pretty much Love all Magical Girl Anime's I'm really up for any suggestions but I don't really like Si-Fi or Law Anime too much.
I am down for wearing a wig, contacts, I've got a pretty good grasp on sewing but I'm not down to paint my whole body a different color. XD
I cosplayed as Misa From Death Note and Winry from Full Metal recently so I don't want to do them.
Also, I'm def. going as Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara this year!

Maybe Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
Switched to M-ayumii

Offline tanukisan10

• Oni
    • Google+
« Reply #1260 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »
Hey-O Kumuricon fans! I'm going to be helping out this year, and since it's my first year cosplaying, I'mma gonna need some help :{P This is kinda how I look when I'm out and about, I'm about 6 feet tall, and pretty darn skinny... I was considering Piro from Megatokyo, but I'm really looking forewards to your replies :D

PS, I can also lost the glasses if needed
HYAAAAH! - Link, Legend of Zelda

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1261 on: June 18, 2013, 08:45:25 pm »
Tanuki you immediatly reminded me of Brief. From panty and stocking with garterbelt

Its been awhile since i've done this but i'm mainly looking for a naruto character i could portray well. Anything else is fine too of course. :) I'm mainly into retro animes - sailor moon, tenchi muyo, inuyasha, ranma ect...i like to live in the good ol days XD

most recent picture of me

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #1262 on: June 19, 2013, 10:40:56 am »
Tanuki you immediatly reminded me of Brief. From panty and stocking with garterbelt

Its been awhile since i've done this but i'm mainly looking for a naruto character i could portray well. Anything else is fine too of course. :) I'm mainly into retro animes - sailor moon, tenchi muyo, inuyasha, ranma ect...i like to live in the good ol days XD

most recent picture of me

O my! You are just, kind of gorgeous o.o
And you have perfect eyebrows... ! You could probably pull off a lot of cosplay but I think you'd make a superb Yuuko (xxxHolic) =D!

Hello! I am always curious as to know what people think I'd be best in cosplaying, so I am open to anything!
However with the re-lease of FFX I want to pull out a cosplay I've been meaning to since it came out.
I am currently deciding between Yuna or Rikku, and I am just not really sure! Who do you think would be better for me?
Thanks!

I like goats.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #1263 on: June 20, 2013, 10:34:42 am »
ruki i see you more as a rikku. try the X-2 one as that costume is more popular, but IMO i prefer the X one...

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

i've always wanted to cosplay a character with a dangling cross earing. any ideas?
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1264 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:18 am »
I recently got my hair cut back and realized I couldn't do Lust again without it, and curious, any tips on a cosplay I could do with my newer look?

I want one cosplay without a wig and use my real hair. Something simple and easy-ish to make, and NOT Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1265 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:45 pm »
@Raveen: How about Diamond from Pokemon Special?
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline teenagekixz

• Oni
« Reply #1266 on: June 28, 2013, 05:03:30 am »
i'm actually really curious if anyone would have any
cosplay suggestions for me!
side note: I'm tall, and I definitely look my age so no kid characters.
nothing too revealing(cleavage and legs are okay).
nothing showing my upper shoulders, stomach, or back.
I am VERY pale, and don't get tan whatsoever.
I tend to lean more towards school girls, but willing to try something new.
height:5'9-5'10
hair: black(length is past my chest now) wigs are an option though
eye color: grayish blue (contact/circle lenses are also an option)
animes I like: chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai, angel beats, sword art online, fate/stay night, fate/zero, shingeki no kyojin, hataraku maou-sama!, problem children are coming from another planet aren't they?, black lagoon, psycho pass, berserk, claymore, kaze no stigma, elfen lied, inu x boku ss, etc.

(I don't have the blonde in my hair, or the nose piercing anymore)

only cosplaying picture I have of me(kanade from Angel Beats)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:09:09 am by teenagekixz »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1267 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:41 pm »
Your face kinda reminds me of Makina from Deadman Wonderland, just off the top of my head.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpc77wwitH1qa8zbgo1_1280.png
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:22:13 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1268 on: June 29, 2013, 12:51:38 am »
Kit2Kat, I was sorting hoping for a female, no offense, but I just been crossplaying so much, I want to be a girl for once and use my assets...like what I did for lust.

Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline teenagekixz

• Oni
« Reply #1269 on: June 29, 2013, 03:05:24 am »
I recently got my hair cut back and realized I couldn't do Lust again without it, and curious, any tips on a cosplay I could do with my newer look?

I want one cosplay without a wig and use my real hair. Something simple and easy-ish to make, and NOT Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop.
the only character I can think of with short hair like yours and a simple cosplay would be
 Tatsuki Arisawa from Bleach. All you would have to do is straighten and spike your hair!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1270 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

Lessee, a few that come to mind...

Kagura (Azumanga Daioh)
Haru (normal or cat form) (The Cat Returns)
Meryl (Trigun)

Those are a few off the top of my head, but you might have some luck with the Anime Character Database.

Also, while I'm at it, I may as well try to get some help for myself. I will be doing a character with a pinkish/purple beard. I would like to do more than just one cosplay if possible. So, I ask you, forumsters, do you know of any other anime or game characters with pinkish/purple beards?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Xtacy

• Oni
    • otakucloud.net
« Reply #1271 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:22 pm »

Alrighty,

So I'm a 18 year old male, 6'2", with a skinny body type and medium length blonde hair. My personality traits that stand out the most is probably my "sarcastic" humor, being friendly, and the occasional prankster at times.

Some of my favorite shows would have to be.

• Samurai Champloo
  • Death Note
  • HighSchool DxD
  • Desert Punk
  • Inital D (I probably wouldn't cosplay from it though).

I suppose my budget would be around $100 and my sewing skills are none existent. I think my hair would be nice for cosplay so I'd like to stay away from wigs and I'd like to stick to male only characters please :).

I am open to characters not included on this list, because these aren't all of the shows I've seen but some of my favorite, so shoot me some idea's going of my looks and personality :D.

Offline Xtacy

• Oni
    • otakucloud.net
« Reply #1272 on: July 26, 2013, 04:10:46 pm »
Oh and I'd rather not do anyone from naruto.

Offline wer11

• Oni
« Reply #1273 on: July 28, 2013, 11:48:11 pm »
 >:( i wanner to cosplay the batman,he is my favourite hero.lol

and the next one is the superman

and the spiderman :-\

Offline Fetisha

• Oni
« Reply #1274 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:45 pm »

the one on the right

Details //
5'5"
105 lbs
Blonde with pink/purple/blue tips
Blue eyes
Pale skin
Thin Build
25 years old

Costumes //
I have many wigs, some contacts, multiple accessories, and a determination to create something fantastic for this year's con. As for what 'cosplay' type clothing I already own...mainly cat/fox/wolf girl pieces and while I don't consider Lolita cosplay I have plenty of dresses and skirt/top combos I brought back from Tokyo.

What I Like //
For years I've been going to cons in Kuro/Hime/Sweet/Shiro/ect Lolita apparel but this year I was really hoping to represent an anime or video game girl but right now I don't know who to cosplay as! As it is I'm thinking of just going as the Cheshire Cat 'cause I have a nice wig with ears that would be a good starting point for the outfit but that's still kinda old fashion for me so maybe you have an idea for something new?

What I'm Willing to Do //
My sewing skills are limited but I can do simple things with faux fur or buy outfits on speed delivery from different dealers...

Ideas anyone?? Oh and thanks so much in advance!!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1275 on: August 15, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »

the one on the right

Details //
5'5"
105 lbs
Blonde with pink/purple/blue tips
Blue eyes
Pale skin
Thin Build
25 years old

Costumes //
I have many wigs, some contacts, multiple accessories, and a determination to create something fantastic for this year's con. As for what 'cosplay' type clothing I already own...mainly cat/fox/wolf girl pieces and while I don't consider Lolita cosplay I have plenty of dresses and skirt/top combos I brought back from Tokyo.

What I Like //
For years I've been going to cons in Kuro/Hime/Sweet/Shiro/ect Lolita apparel but this year I was really hoping to represent an anime or video game girl but right now I don't know who to cosplay as! As it is I'm thinking of just going as the Cheshire Cat 'cause I have a nice wig with ears that would be a good starting point for the outfit but that's still kinda old fashion for me so maybe you have an idea for something new?

What I'm Willing to Do //
My sewing skills are limited but I can do simple things with faux fur or buy outfits on speed delivery from different dealers...

Ideas anyone?? Oh and thanks so much in advance!!

Wow, you have a good look for just about any character. But I noiced you wearing the rave looking outfit in that pic. Have you tried Fairy Kei? It's very similar. I think you would look pretty awesome in that fashion. As well as some sweet Lolita coords. You wouldn't even have to wear a wig lol

I also see Misa Amane from Death Note, and Lucy from Fairy Tail in your face.

Offline Fetisha

• Oni
« Reply #1276 on: August 15, 2013, 09:59:31 pm »
Wow, you have a good look for just about any character. But I noiced you wearing the rave looking outfit in that pic. Have you tried Fairy Kei? It's very similar. I think you would look pretty awesome in that fashion. As well as some sweet Lolita coords. You wouldn't even have to wear a wig lol

Aww thank you for your response you're very kind and I really appreciate your suggestions! I have a cotton candy pink and blue pigtail wig that would probably work out quite well with the Fairy Kei style and since I've been stalking the pastel styles maybe I'll give that a shot one day. Oh and I totally have a Misa Misa wig but then again my hair is blonde enough to possibly pull it off without it so she was always on my mind....as for Lucy, I never saw Fairy Tale but I just looked her up and she's adorable! Now to take a couple of nights to catch up on the series and see if I can't cosplay her properly n.n<3

Oh and I should mention I thought of cosplaying as Saber Lily from Fate/Zero or Medusa from Soul Eater 'cause they are both blondies, but I do love a good wig so it's hard to decide!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1277 on: August 15, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »

Aww thank you for your response you're very kind and I really appreciate your suggestions! I have a cotton candy pink and blue pigtail wig that would probably work out quite well with the Fairy Kei style and since I've been stalking the pastel styles maybe I'll give that a shot one day. Oh and I totally have a Misa Misa wig but then again my hair is blonde enough to possibly pull it off without it so she was always on my mind....as for Lucy, I never saw Fairy Tale but I just looked her up and she's adorable! Now to take a couple of nights to catch up on the series and see if I can't cosplay her properly n.n<3

Oh and I should mention I thought of cosplaying as Saber Lily from Fate/Zero or Medusa from Soul Eater 'cause they are both blondies, but I do love a good wig so it's hard to decide!

Yea no problem lol

Yea hat's the exact reason I think the Kairy kei style lol Also like I said, you can do a sweet lolita coord with your hair those colors. In fact, MINE is blue and pink lol But yea, you can really do any sweet or OTT sweet Lolita styles, but remember to wear some correct things, like pettis and bloomers and modesty is a must. Not the same for Fairy Kei lol go nuts there. Misa was one of the FIRST characters that got me back into anime after being out of it for a while. I mean I was always INTO it, but it was just the stuff on toonami from the 90s-early 2000s.

Never watched Fairy Tail either, but I have seen the character a million times lol Never say the Fate series stuff though. Looks interesting though..And I don't see Medusa when I see you..I see Maria. But do what you like not what I like lol

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #1278 on: August 16, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »
Been trying to figure out something on short notice--doesn't have to be elaborate, just satisfying and achievable. I was trying to make a Klein (Sword Art Online) costume at one point earlier this year but life happened and that failed; in retrospect it was probably too ambitious. Coming to KC was kind of a last-minute decision for me so here I am, hoping for inspiration.

I currently have a beard but will probably shave by con unless keeping facial hair in some form is useful for a costume. That said, I'm probably better suited to a character where the stubble of a day spent at con won't look out of place (hence my original idea about Klein). Altering my hair isn't an option but I can order a wig or other materials as needed, as long as it's not too expensive and I can have it shipped in time. Would be nice to keep the whole thing under $100 budget but you know how that goes. I don't sew but I'm adept at a wide variety of craft skills; I'd like to keep it relatively simple though given the short time frame. I'm not afraid to raid the dollar store or cut stuff up. XD

Any suggestions quite welcome.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1279 on: August 16, 2013, 07:07:15 pm »
With your hair and beard, the Count from Gankutsuo came immediately to mind. Your beard is long enough to shave down to his, I think.

Also: Tseng from Final Fantasy VII (the one on the left) and Nephrite from Sailor Moon come to mind.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #1280 on: August 16, 2013, 07:31:09 pm »
Thanks, Eve, those are great suggestions. I love the idea of the Count but I suspect the costume and accessory are beyond what I can pull off in two weeks--filing that away for later! Not really much of a SM fan but Tseng on the other hand... great idea. I'd just have to ransack the thrift stores for an appropriate suit, the wig and makeup ought to be easy (my hair will never be that straight without a Japanese hair-straightening treatment).

A couple other thoughts I had when I was thinking minimal costume were Touma (To Aru) or Kyousuke (Oreimo). In both cases it'd mostly be a matter of the right wig, but I've looked for a Kyousuke wig before and haven't had much luck.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1281 on: August 16, 2013, 07:55:53 pm »
Walter from Hellsing is another one that came to mind, though that outfit might still be a bit too much for two weeks, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #1282 on: August 16, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »
Mmm, depending on the outfit that might not be *too* tough... I'll add that to the maybe-list.

I actually just got back from Goodwill and they had the perfect suit jacket for Tseng, right button pattern and everything. Score. XD

Now to find a wig. No way my hair will ever be that straight, or that black without dye. I'm thinking if I do the "injured" Tseng from Advent Children I can use the head bandage to disguise any wig hairline.

Offline Whitecrow

• Cabbit
« Reply #1283 on: August 25, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »
Does anyone have a Gin Ichimaru cosplay by chance? My friend was buying from a facebook group and it fell through. Now she's trying to get one before con time, and possible trade at convention time.
Kumoricon 2013 Lineup:
Shifty from Happy Tree friends
Suichi Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho
Hanatarou from Bleach

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1284 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:23 am »
After getting tired of wearing wigs every day at last Kumoricon, I'm looking for characters I could cosplay who have brown hair. I'm a girl and my hair is medium brown; in its normal curly style it reaches about to my shoulder blades, but straightened it can look longer. (I'm the person on the left in this picture.) The hair is the most important part, though it would be nice if the character could also be around teenage or have blue eyes as well.

So far I've enjoyed and would cosplay from Fullmetal Alchemist, Blue Exorcist, D.Gray-man, No. 6, Bleach, Black Butler, Naruto, Kekkaishi and Dawn of the Arcana. (I hope I didn't forget any. xD)

I would want the character to be fairly recognizable and not in a too-generic costume, and I would rather dress as a female character than a male one.

Cosplays I have already that match my hair are Sloth from the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Hungary from Hetalia. For additional ones, I've considered Dogkeeper/Inukashi from No. 6, and this character, who I'm pretty sure is Ruko from Utau. But I'm unsure about both of them, Dogkeeper because she might look too casual and not recognizable enough unless I had an actual dog with me, and Ruko because I really don't know who she is and I just thought her costume looked cool.

Help brainstorming for who I could cosplay would be appreciated. :D
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #1285 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:30 pm »
If you're up to following one of the numerous excellent tutorials on creating Maneuver Gear, you could pull off a respectable Sasha Braus (Potato Girl!) from SnK / Attack on Titan. You'd just have to pull your hair back and style it a bit. It's quite a recognizable costume and fairly popular right now.

Offline Evie

• Oni
« Reply #1286 on: September 03, 2013, 07:26:35 pm »
Hey guys. :) I am just curious, would anybody recognize me if I were to cosplay as Darcy!Lizzie from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries next year? Not so much an anime, but I think it would be a fun low-key/day zero type getup. Newsie cap, bowtie, agoraphobic lobster mode go!

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1287 on: September 24, 2013, 10:51:37 am »
I'm honestly curious.

I'm a boy 6'2" and I'm a bit pudgy
I'm really open to new fandoms! c: (I'd love some suggestions btw) Anywho, I like homestuck, snk, gurren lagann, pokemon, spice and wolf etc. (I'm not rly willing to get into dangan ronpa though...)
I'm working on caliborn, and cronus, however I don't have much else to consider (I'm considering cubone though)
I'm not willing to crossplay, my budget is p all over the place, so even if it takes time I find a way to do things. I'm good with wigs. Like I said I'm a bit pudgy so I have a bit of a confidence issue in showy type outfits.

Anyways, shoot em at me! c:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:52:56 am by prussia »

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1288 on: September 24, 2013, 11:08:26 am »
ruki i see you more as a rikku. try the X-2 one as that costume is more popular, but IMO i prefer the X one...

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

i've always wanted to cosplay a character with a dangling cross earing. any ideas?
I tried looking up some characters who wear earrings (one's with a cross earring in particular are rare).
You could maybe cosplay as Zero from Vampire Knight and wear the earring; it would be a really awesome addition to the costume.  :D

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/vampire-knight/images/10055232/title/zero-kiryuu-screencap
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:09:46 am by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1289 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »
I'm honestly curious.

I'm a boy 6'2" and I'm a bit pudgy
I'm really open to new fandoms! c: (I'd love some suggestions btw) Anywho, I like homestuck, snk, gurren lagann, pokemon, spice and wolf etc. (I'm not rly willing to get into dangan ronpa though...)
I'm working on caliborn, and cronus, however I don't have much else to consider (I'm considering cubone though)
I'm not willing to crossplay, my budget is p all over the place, so even if it takes time I find a way to do things. I'm good with wigs. Like I said I'm a bit pudgy so I have a bit of a confidence issue in showy type outfits.
Anyways, shoot em at me! c:

Im ganna start out with you have a really cute chibi type face. so despite being tall i'm probably ganna give you chibi type characters.
- Choji - naruto
- Naruto - naruto
- Major - Hellsing
- Chrono - chrono Crusade
- Syaoran li - Tsubasa
- Ash Ketchum - Pokemon
- OZ or Jack Vessalius - Pandora Hearts
Yeah there ya go. :)

me next? I love this thread :D I'll pretty much do anything other then skimpy clothes. So Crossplay, contacts, wigs, yep. Ass length bottoms and tummy and cleavage showing tops no.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:33:12 pm by Tranny »

Offline ouruknak

• Cabbit
« Reply #1290 on: September 24, 2013, 04:25:53 pm »
I have a few ideas in mind for next years con, but nothing concrete yet, so I thought I'd get some ideas from fellow con goers especially since I have dropped weight since a few cons ago and my sense of vision in what clothes look good on me is bad.
These pictures I took just today so you get an idea of what my body type is and my blah blah.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome thank you :3

Details
5'7
185 lbs
Blue/green eyes
Pale PAAALE skin

Black hair (dyed)

Don't poke the bear :3

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #1291 on: November 15, 2013, 12:04:58 pm »
I'm very curious.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1292 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:15 pm »

Alrighty,

So I'm a 18 year old male, 6'2", with a skinny body type and medium length blonde hair. My personality traits that stand out the most is probably my "sarcastic" humor, being friendly, and the occasional prankster at times.

Some of my favorite shows would have to be.

• Samurai Champloo
  • Death Note
  • HighSchool DxD
  • Desert Punk
  • Inital D (I probably wouldn't cosplay from it though).

I suppose my budget would be around $100 and my sewing skills are none existent. I think my hair would be nice for cosplay so I'd like to stay away from wigs and I'd like to stick to male only characters please :) .

I am open to characters not included on this list, because these aren't all of the shows I've seen but some of my favorite, so shoot me some idea's going of my looks and personality :D .

Haru from Tsuritama!

I couldn't find a full-body shot but you get the idea. And if you could get someone to be his sister that'd be even better!

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
« Reply #1293 on: December 14, 2013, 10:45:36 pm »
I'm, like others, curious who does it look like I should cosplay as. I have 3 right off the top of my head that I could do based on facial appearance which are Seychelles (hetalia), Eska (Legend of Korra), and Serena (pokemon x and y). I have already done Seychelles and well I am going to cosplay her probably for the rest of my con life but like I said I'm curious about who you people think I should cosplay.
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline SpartanNinjaWarrior

• Cabbit
« Reply #1294 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »
hi......uh yeah. So cospaly, um..any ideas?
Download photo.JPG (403.7 KB)
im 5'1-ish slim (i obviously don't look fat)
i have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes
here is my delemah, i have darker skin, not very dark, pretty light. (it's natural) im very selfconcious about it, making me very afraid of butchering characters.
ill cosplay as anything, othere than full body costumes

oh, im a dude, whoops

i am poor, but i have all year to save up and a mom who can sew
ideas, im pretty open minded

will:
get wigs, contacts
anything like that necessary for cosplay unless its uber exspensive

PLEASE HELP
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:04:54 am by SpartanNinjaWarrior »
"And I never, EVER, wanna walk into my kitchen again and hear 'Hey ho it's waffle time won't you have some waffles of mine!'"-Dr.Cox

Offline xKro

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #1295 on: January 27, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »
Been awhile since someone posted in this thread, so let me revive it.
My names Steven, I am 23. I'm about 5'10 and 165. Trying to get in a better physique, and more muscular by Kumoricon.
I am willing to try just about anything. This will be my first time dressing up and going to a con. My original idea was a Swooping Hawk Eldar Army from Warhammer 40k. But was told this is more of an anime conventions.

So please help. Posted my face, and some full body look.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:46:16 pm by xKro »

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1296 on: February 12, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »
I think that it's early enough in the year for me to be a tad indecisive.  This year, I'm planning on actually getting a room at the Hilton for all 4 days, and when I'm not waddling around in my giant moogle outfit, I'd want to wander about the con-space in my "cooldown cosplay". 

Therein lies my dilemma -- I'm seriously torn between 2 characters:
Jude Mathis from Tales of Xillia

And Kirito (SAO form) from Sword Art Online        

I could potentially do both, given enough time and money, but in the case where I don't, I would very humbly ask for your opinions!  I'm 25 years old, about 5'7, 145 lbs with an athletic build, half-Filipino & Irish, naturally dark brown hair which I'll probably grow out a bit to fit either character.

Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #1297 on: February 12, 2014, 11:36:28 pm »
DO JUDE. Sorry saw this post and had to respond.
SAO is well overrated and dying out (IMO). But I rarely ever see a Jude cosplay at Kumo! Or rarely any other tales characters that's not Guy, Jade, Richard, or Luke.
Due to the new game of xillia 2, Jude would be perfect for 2014! But that just me and I'm tossing my two cents.
//poofs
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:37:59 pm by iBubbleTeax3 »

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1298 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »
Much appreciated!  I might actually do Jude's outfits from both ToX and ToX2 then.   :)
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1299 on: February 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm »
Prince, it honestly depends on what you are cosplaying for. Do you cosplay because your love of a character? Or because you like getting people coming up and asking for pic and that stuff? If the first one, then cosplay whoever you like better and is within your budget/skill. If you like the attention a costume brings, do Jude. That version ofKirito is EXTREMELY overdone and I think most photographers are going to be tired of seeing it after a few hours..