Author Topic: Big LANIME party in Salem! Again!  (Read 3932 times)

Offline stoneydumples

• Oni
Big LANIME party in Salem! Again!
« on: April 04, 2005, 11:38:31 pm »
So I thought this would be a good idea, but i won't be able to plan it. So you crazy nuts like rarnom or blitzacetidus can do all the planning then let me know when it is. Okay? I know it's been done and you people all have the energy to do it. So till then, adieu. (hahaha)
(PS: and i mean it)

Stoney of the Dumples
LOL ROFL
One set the door to the wall, and the other free mailman frolicked to the restroom with a bag full of tiny beetles of red fragrant diapers.
      -Stoney

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 09:54:03 am »
I'm sure Rarnom and Irnogs have another awesome party planned. Just be patient
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 03:10:59 pm »
LOL. Scott, i love you. xD I was wondering why you told me to check Kumoricon. :P
        Um... So in Salem? Yea Ranorm usually is on top of this kind of stuff, :P and makes them really close by :) so just go to one of those. XD More people show up there because its really familliar. ^^ but if yoU REALLY want to, we can always plan one, i guess. xD

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 03:13:28 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
I'm sure Rarnom and Irnogs have another awesome party planned. Just be patient

Yeah we do have more parties in the works.  This weekend there is a LAN only party at Chemeketa in the same location as the last one.  The problem is that we only have half the space as last time and so since I won't be in town and most of the anime folks won't be there (all at Sakuracon) the party will be basically FPS stuff on the computers and a HALO 2 tourney.

I think Irnogs is going to try to have a smaller room set up with anime viewing.  If you are in town you should go!

The next big big LANime party is going to be on MAY 14th.  I am getting a box of swag and giveaways from FUNImation this week for that one and I am working on getting a box of stuff from VIZ as well.

We will have the location details about the MAY event locked down shortly and we'll post info as soon as we can. :)
The trick is not minding.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 03:14:44 pm »
^^ ILL BRING PICTURES FROM SAKURACON TO SHOW EVERYONE!!! ^^ and maybe somthing really cool to show off! See you all in May!!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 04:26:34 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
^^ ILL BRING PICTURES FROM SAKURACON TO SHOW EVERYONE!!! ^^ and maybe somthing really cool to show off! See you all in May!!

If you live in Salem and you can make it, please bring them to the Bubble Tea meetup on April 14th.  
If you are unfamiliar with the Bubble Tea meetups, they are when we meet in the basement of SIP the super cool bubble tea house in downtown Salem on Court St.  We hang out, play GO, read manga, watch anime on labtop computers, it is fun.  Here is a link to more info about that:
http://anime.meetup.com/43/events/4394273/

or you can email me or PM me or post here if you have questions.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 05:52:43 pm »
^__^- I'm definatly going to the one in May. Yay. I'll probably have my Dejiko Cosplay done by then. :3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 07:56:24 pm »
sounds like all the salem people are going along with a few eugene people I think.  maybe I'll be able to go this time.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 08:56:23 pm »
:) yeah, if you want to come to the one this month, it's this saturday from 2-midnight at Chemeketa in building 34. we will be having an fps fest on pc and a halo 2 tourney for the xbox. tons of prizes and bawls as usual, so it'll be fun if you can make it. I'm also planning on having a projector with some anime running through the event since us gamers enjoy having it there too! ;)

Also, it looks like our May event may be in Building 9. If we have it there we will have like 4 or 5 rooms reserved so we'll have tons of space for everything. I'll be sure to post more as the event nears, but everyone be sure to check the website: http://www.EtherGuild.org for more in the meanwhile.

OH, and also Ingrid from Bawls managed to get our LAN featured in BAWLS BUZZ as the featured LAN of the month, so check the main page for more on that too!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 09:06:36 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Also, it looks like our May event may be in Building 9. If we have it there we will have like 4 or 5 rooms reserved so we'll have tons of space for everything!

ROCK AND ROLL!!  That is sweet news.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 10:27:03 pm »
like last time, the issue for me is getting a ride since I live up in portland area....but then I'm learning how to drive so we'll see
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc