Author Topic: How to enter?  (Read 4792 times)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
How to enter?
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:41 pm »
It might be fairly obvious, but I am new to anime conventions. This year, my friends and I are planning on entering the skit contest. However, none of us can find out any of the information about it- where or when to enter, how long is can be, etc. Is there some secret button I'm missing? Is it too late to sign up?

Thank you, and sorry for being a noob XD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: How to enter?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 09:44:21 pm »
They wont put up sign-ups till it gets closer to time. Like June or July, and it will be on the main site. I'm sure they will also post it somewhere on here.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
Ah, thank you! Getting started early is good, but it can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing (like me!) XD Now I can focus and finishing the script and getting the cast together before worrying about signing up.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:51:33 pm »
I understand. Just work on getting your skit done. Try to keep it under five minutes....it may be four...not too sure >_>

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:46 am »
Thanks Nikkiolie :)

Like she said, rules and sign-up info will be posted later this year, as we get closer to the convention.  In the past, the time limit has been about 3.5 minutes, up to 5 if was a large group, so if you shoot for the 3.5-4 min mark you should be fine.  But posting here is a good start... people are pretty helpful, and many have been in the contest before.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:15:17 am »
No problem. I was only in a skit for Sakuracon and it seemed like a lot of work.....I don't really want to do it again. It was a lot of fun but it took up most of the day x.x

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:06 am »
Nikki: Odd the ones ive been in at K con dont take all day at all, a good portion of it sometimes. last year we met for our private rehersal in the parking lot to go over the script and stuff and then we just had to be at the studio on time for the rehersal on stage then just go to the green room and wait with every one else till your up. a good couple hours but its not to bad. Scon probally has more people competing though
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 08:40:57 am »
At sakuracon you have to record your skit. The rehearsal took about four hours, then on top of that we had to practice. There was about an hour where I wasn't doing something for the skit x.x
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:41:05 am by nikkiolie »

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:50 am »
lol wow. surprised the skit wasnt pre recorded, thats what the Ryodans are doing for ours, aprently Pat has some tech stuff that we can use for it so well be recording friday night.... only a few of the actors have lines, most of Mario's lines I'm just stealing from the video games.

as for rehersal, four hours?! Wow! Ours took an hour at most! Mostly cause you didnt have to be there for all of them just yours, but we had people running late. we were near the end to last year so right after rehersal i ran to go get cupcakes from neko pan cause one of our actors needed food desperatly, and when i got back we just went to the green room to wait and the skits started.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:50:01 am »
yeah you don't have to be there for all of them.....We were just at the end x.x

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 08:51:21 am »
wow.... busy time then O_o i dont ever want to enter Scon skits! K cons are much faster >_<

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:57:26 am »
Yeah I'm sure they are. Sakuracon is MUCH bigger though :P

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:06:08 am »
yeah way more people enter

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:26 pm »
our skit for this year has still a lot of practice to do. No da. Granted I'm the ony one is the group who know's what she's doing lawl. no da. but still, we've rehearsed Pein and my self for several hours already. learning HHY and having to teach it. Kana I now see what you had to go through when you taught everyone. excluding myself and jessica. no da. It's hard work. Scon does have more people entering in their skit contest. I went in '07 but that was eons ago. We had a jesus there... cosplay chess that day was brutal. no da. I'm rambling again. no da.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II