Author Topic: What online console games do you play?  (Read 5020 times)

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
What online console games do you play?
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:31:03 am »
Everyone and their hair stylist plays MMORPGs. I'm wondering if anyone plays any online games on their current gen systems (PS3, Xbox360, Wii, or computer even) that are not MMORPGs.
I'm a sleeper, myself (Burnout Paradise, Wipeout HD), but I like fighting games (I don't have SFVI?!?! TT_TT), and the Unreal series. A good online challenge of chess really makes me go teary-eyed of happiness, too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:57:15 pm by dshwshr55 »

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Re: What online console games do you play?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 03:55:58 pm »
I think it'd be better if you just didn't count MMO's, Rpgs are just fine if someone plays them on-line. I would play Guitar Hero and Rock Band on-line but I refuse to pay for X-box Live, wish I would have gotten a PS3

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:35:23 pm »
I like to play cribbage on yahoo games sometimes.  Unreal Tournament rocks as does Starcraft.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:17:12 pm »
Stuff I play online  (mainly XboxLive)

I have a ton of stuff I play so im only going to list the most current.

Call of Duty 4
Left 4 Dead
Halo 3
SFIV
SF HD Remix

Like I said I play a ton of stuff so just let me know what you have and play.
Team Koga

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:46 pm »
I think it'd be better if you just didn't count MMO's, Rpgs are just fine if someone plays them on-line. I would play Guitar Hero and Rock Band on-line but I refuse to pay for X-box Live, wish I would have gotten a PS3
That is basically what I meant, I couldn't think of any RPGs that weren't MMOs at the time. I'll change that..

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »
That is basically what I meant, I couldn't think of any RPGs that weren't MMOs at the time. I'll change that..

Mostly just action RPGs are the ones that get played on-line, like diablo 2, even though that's for PC. Why only consoles?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:49 pm »
I've never played online on a console, unless you count PSP.  I've played a few games via Ah-Hoc on the PSP, particularly the Monster Hunter series. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:04 pm »
Well, I did mention computers, too. But lots of people have these new systems, and one of the defining things about all of them is the online capability. It's new, available for a lot of people, offers a good variety of games of different genres, and it would be a shame not to take advantage of it for the first time globally.
It's just fun to get OFF the computer and play online with a good ol' familiar controller in your hands ^^
(computers have controllers, too blah blah blahblah...)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »
Attack 3 all the way!  $20 less for 10 more buttons than an XBox 360 or PS3 controller. :D
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 07:49:27 pm »
I don't really ever play console games..but PC:

Left 4 Dead mainly. I play Sacred 2 but have only been playing single player lately.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:37:19 am »
Animal Crossing (Wii)
Call of Duty World at War (Wii)
MapleStory (Pc)
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 03:28:08 pm »
I refuse to pay for X-box live so I don't play consoles on-line. (don't have Wii or PS3)

PC though, well I just play Diablo 2 on-line on PC. When I get a new PC I will play L4D because I've played it on the 360 and it'd just be so much better on a PC.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 04:08:27 pm »
I have last gen consoles but my ps2 is hooked up to the interwebz I play DDR and a few others online. [is too lazy to get up and look at each of the ps2 games and see which ones are interwebs compattable]
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
I can't imagine playing ANY 1st person shooters on a console. It's so much easier to set a mouse to the highest sensitivity, perfect for strafing and turning around instantly instead of holding right or left and waiting.
And clicking on a target is way more exact with a pointer...

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:11:26 pm »
I can't imagine playing ANY 1st person shooters on a console. It's so much easier to set a mouse to the highest sensitivity, perfect for strafing and turning around instantly instead of holding right or left and waiting.

*bows*
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.  FPS is sooo very much easier on the PC.  For online console gaming I don't do much yet, but will when my DS gets here.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 11:23:07 pm »

*bows*
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.  FPS is sooo very much easier on the PC.  For online console gaming I don't do much yet, but will when my DS gets here.
You forget about the Wii!
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »
Rail Shooters are kinda fun on the Wii, The only one I played was Resident Evil Chronicles though.

I forgot to mention that I sometimes play Flyff on-line, free MMO's yo.