Author Topic: Sakura-Con Anyone?  (Read 14126 times)

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:05:24 am »
Are there any Kumori-Con regulars going to Sakura-Con? I think that maybe we should try to schedule a time to see each other on Saturday. ^_^ I know Saturday is busy for all of us, but... *Shrugs* I think it would be fun to see each other before Kumori-Con... But, knowing us, we'd just randomly run into each other at the Con... But, I am only allowed to go on Saturday, my parents are Nazis, not really, but everyone gets the idea.

But, if anyone sees a really tall Sailor Uranus running around... Wait, most of you know what I look like. I was Sailor Uranus at Kumori-Con 2004... But, if you see me... Just glomp me and say hi.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 04:30:55 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"
Are there any Kumori-Con regulars going to Sakura-Con? I think that maybe we should try to schedule a time to see each other on Saturday. ^_^ I know Saturday is busy for all of us, but... *Shrugs* I think it would be fun to see each other before Kumori-Con... But, knowing us, we'd just randomly run into each other at the Con... But, I am only allowed to go on Saturday, my parents are Nazis, not really, but everyone gets the idea.

But, if anyone sees a really tall Sailor Uranus running around... Wait, most of you know what I look like. I was Sailor Uranus at Kumori-Con 2004... But, if you see me... Just glomp me and say hi.

I was thinking of of this idea....we'll see how its goes for now.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 05:12:51 pm »
I'll be heading up to Sakura con on the Thursday before it, and I'll be either in my Kotoko from Chobits or my Sango (battle outfit) from Inu Yasha costumes the entire time. My anime club from college is also doing a outer senshi sailor scout group too for it, with at least one of them as a crossplayer :roll: My boyfriend and a bunch of his friends are coming as well, so there'll be a lot of us :D
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 05:56:57 pm »
Quote from: "Luana-neko"
I'll be heading up to Sakura con on the Thursday before it, and I'll be either in my Kotoko from Chobits or my Sango (battle outfit) from Inu Yasha costumes the entire time. My anime club from college is also doing a outer senshi sailor scout group too for it, with at least one of them as a crossplayer :roll: My boyfriend and a bunch of his friends are coming as well, so there'll be a lot of us :D

Thursday?  My club is also coming up on thursday as well.  I'm still trying to see if I can make it on thursday though.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:08:09 pm »
Yep, none of my classes are doing anything important on Friday, so rather than fighting the crowds on Friday, we're going up Thursday afternoon so we can pick up our badges early and get settled into the hotel room. Plus Ron has a tradition of going to breakfast at Denny's the Friday morning of every con, so he wants to be there the night before so he can make that instead of trying to wake up early enough to drive up in time for it :roll: My anime club isn't coming up until Friday tho, from what I've heard.

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 08:10:39 pm »
I see.  the only reason I have to figure it all out is someone I know needs people to fill in space on their hotel room at the hilton.  I already prior arrangements with me coming on thursday.  However, they arriving on friday morning so if I decide to change my hotel plans to help them out, I'll have to figure what to do for thursday night(switching hotels doesn't really appeal to me).

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 08:13:08 pm »
Yeah, I'd switching hotels would be a pain. I'd offer to let you crash in our room Thursday, but I'm pretty sure we're full up (and even if we weren't then I'd have to check with the others first to see if they minded). In any case, you'd still have to switch hotels since we're in the Clarion, not the Hilton.

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 08:16:45 pm »
Yeah, I'd switching hotels would be a pain. I'd offer to let you crash in our room Thursday, but I'm pretty sure we're full up (and even if we weren't then I'd have to check with the others first to see if they minded). In any case, you'd still have to switch hotels since we're in the Clarion, not the Hilton.

thats the same hotel that I currently have

on a side note, when ron going put up those character redesigns >)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 03:27:06 am »
Can someone spare a Thursday ride for two people and their stuff? Coming up from Beaverton...

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 10:36:30 am »
I'll be coming up thursday with 3 others, don't know if any of us are gonna cosplay on thursday, I should wear my Kumoricon shirt so people can find me :D
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 11:05:04 am »
I'll be getting to Sakura-Con Saturday morning at hopefully around eight am. I'll either be in my Kumori shirt or my 2003 Sakura shirt. But, I'm not hard to miss. If anyone I know wants to say hi, I'll have on a floppy orange hat. ^_^

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 11:16:58 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"

on a side note, when ron going put up those character redesigns >)

Lol, I'm not sure, hopefully when he gets back from California :P He's been down there all spring break, hence why he hasn't been online at all. I'll keep pestering him about it, don't worry :roll:

www.ronime.net

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 12:46:14 pm »
hi....i'll be pm'g you next....

don't know if you saw my thread, but i was specifically invited by the programming director of SC to come up and help them run their own version of our Fanfic Bedtime Stories!

since you, as you know, were one of my favorites at that event at
KC, i'm hoping you'll come help me and FilkAeris with this event!

saturday night at 9pm. how late are you allowed to stay?

there will also be there equivalent of a beta station, and various at-con fic contests, for at least one of which i'll probably be among the judges.

did you decide what you're entering?

love
ellen.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 04:59:59 pm »
Nani? Ummm, it might help if you say who your post was directed to... Kinda confusing otherwise ^_^;;

www.ronime.net

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 08:23:25 pm »
I'll be going up Thursday, too, with my friend Kris. Well, its not 100%, he is still training an employee of his with some stuff so he CAN go. But, yeah, its a good chance we'll be going up Thursday. Leaving early, too, since its going to be a long drive, and the first time I have ever driven that much.

I'm a bit scared of letting Kris drive since I have been in his Mustang while he does 135 on Highway 101, from here (Florence) to Reedsport. The highway has various twists and turns, and it can be scary at times. So, yeah, it should be OK if we just stay on I-5 the entire time. Since I have a truck, I really don't have room for any more than two people, with luggage, sorry I cannot offer any rides.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 01:03:17 am »
sounds like most people are coming on thursday.  could meet initally on thursday.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 05:36:05 pm »
Now I can panic about Sakura-Con. The musical my school put on, Beauty and the Beast, is over and I have nothing to panic about. So, now Sakura-Con is in range to panic about.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 09:15:03 pm »
Yeah, Sakura con's just in a bit less than two weeks, it's kinda scary... Exciting, but still scary since I still need to finish fixing my Sango costume for it ^_^;;; !

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 09:17:56 pm »
Yeah, Sakura con's just in a bit less than two weeks, it's kinda scary... Exciting, but still scary since I still need to finish fixing my Sango costume for it ^_^;;; !

I feel like in the same boat.  excited and then nervous and then I need to wrap up changes/fixes on my cosplay!! X_X

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 09:57:59 pm »
I have no new costumes for SakuraCon.  Instead, I have to gather up all my completed costumes.  That would take two hours. x)
  Or I could put together a 'one minute cosplay' costume with all the random stuff I have in my closet.  It'll be scary what I can come up with.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 10:30:21 pm »
I don't have any new costumes for Sakura con either, I'm just doing adjustments to my current ones so they're more comfortable and/or better done.

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 10:40:31 pm »
that makes 3 of us.  its all I'm able to do really at this point.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 08:14:02 pm »
Come to the Miracle Senshi panel on Sunday! We're auctioning a gourmet three course meal! ^_^ The winner will be announced on Sunday at the panel. Tickets are three dollars. That's all I know so far. Oh! And the winner, gets to have the dinner served to him or her by the Senshi of their choice.

But... Come to the cosplay! Miracle senshi is performing!!! ^_^ ^_^ We have six villians and TEN, count them, TEN SENSHI!!!!

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 10:23:50 pm »
Come to the Miracle Senshi panel on Sunday! We're auctioning a gourmet three course meal! ^_^ The winner will be announced on Sunday at the panel. Tickets are three dollars. That's all I know so far. Oh! And the winner, gets to have the dinner served to him or her by the Senshi of their choice.

But... Come to the cosplay! Miracle senshi is performing!!! ^_^ ^_^ We have six villians and TEN, count them, TEN SENSHI!!!!

so its a pick out of hat,jar, some sort of container thing?  any limits on tickets?

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 03:48:20 pm »
I really don't know. I'm not going to be around for the panel, saddly. I just found out about the raffle yesterday.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 12:41:14 am »
My friend Kris cancelled, so I can offer a ride up to Sakuracon on Thursday.

I live in Florence, and will most likely go through Eugene and take I-5 North to Seattle.

Anyone interested?

All I would need is some gas money, I can offer transport there and back, aswell as floor space in my room. $40.00 should cover it both ways. If you only need transport, $20.00 would be fine.

I also say this because I really don't wanna travel to Seattle alone from Florence. Its over 300 miles, and I have never gone that long myself.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Re: Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »

Miiiiichiiiiii, I'll glomp you, and I'll glomp you good! Mwahahaha!!!

By the way you'll know who I am.  :)  Long white, furry robe.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 05:59:54 pm »
I'll be there!  Wearing my usual wild array of costumes, including my (now-complete!) ballgown from last year, and three new ensembles!  Two FMA and a schoolgirl randomesque!  XD

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2005, 03:39:49 am »
Wooha!  Seven days away.  Time to go into 'convention schedule' which is sleep deprivation and a moderate to heavy drinking!
   Downside is, I'm split between work and the convention on Friday, the eighth.  Ah well, price of employment. x)

'Beware the dogs of destruction!'

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 01:23:13 am »
With so many people getting excited, I feel like I should go to SakuraCon sometime (next year).

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2005, 04:07:59 pm »
I found more out about the Miracle Senshi fundraiser... ^_^

Tickets are three dollars. If you win, you get a three course gourment meal for up to four people. And you get to choose your favorite Sailor Senshi to serve the meal to you. Our leader said we would be announcing the winner sometime in the week after Sakura-Con.

At the current moment, that is all I can remember. Oh, COME SEE THE COSPLAY!!!

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2005, 07:41:33 pm »

Tickets are three dollars. If you win, you get a three course gourment meal for up to four people. And you get to choose your favorite Sailor Senshi to serve the meal to you. Our leader said we would be announcing the winner sometime in the week after Sakura-Con.

whats the food exactly?

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2005, 11:12:42 pm »
can i glomp you if i see you? (i'll be a t-shirt n1nj4 cat-girl at both SakuraCon and KumoriCon.)
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2005, 04:06:09 pm »

whats the food exactly?

I'm not quite sure. But, I'm positive that it'll be whatever you want. Sailor Mars and Sailor Pluto, of my cospaly group, know more about it. They are pretty much orgainzing it.

Quote from: "Spit"
can i glomp you if i see you? (i'll be a t-shirt n1nj4 cat-girl at both SakuraCon and KumoriCon.)

Okay... Look for a Sailor Uranus, in a black trench coat, accompanied by a few random villians and the Outer Senshi.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2005, 04:45:21 pm »
hikaru is amused to see that you are useing that sig in this forum as well
also she regreets she can't make it to sakura con this year,
p.s. she's too lazy to login herself for those of you who are wondering WHY superjaz is using correct grammer for once, i am mearly a puppet,  don't get use spelling errr will be back  :twisted:
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2005, 06:02:52 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
p.s. she's too lazy to login herself for those of you who are wondering WHY superjaz is using correct grammer for once, i am mearly a puppet,  don't get use spelling errr will be back  :twisted:

she is going to otakon to see that one Jrock star....forget his name....just know she going there for that guy and cause of that, can't afford to attend sakura.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2005, 08:02:32 pm »

she is going to otakon to see that one Jrock star....forget his name....just know she going there for that guy and cause of that, can't afford to attend sakura.

*raises fist and shakes it at Hikaru*BAH! I hate you for it! MERF!!! >.<

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 09:21:18 pm »

*raises fist and shakes it at Hikaru*BAH! I hate you for it! MERF!!! >.<

dun hate me for it o_o

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2005, 12:29:56 am »
Dinner with a Sailor Senshi? Oooo...that's tempting. But now Sakuracon is this weekend! Yay! I'm so happy I can't wait!!

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2005, 06:31:09 pm »
Quote from: "Kei-Kei"
Dinner with a Sailor Senshi? Oooo...that's tempting. But now Sakuracon is this weekend! Yay! I'm so happy I can't wait!!

o.0 Oh god! Oh god! RUN! KAYLA IS GOING TO KILL US ALL!*runs*

But, yay!*dances in joy*

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anonymous

Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2005, 08:54:23 pm »

But, yay!*dances in joy*

Yes, run. Run far, far away

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 11:55:28 pm »
be sure to be at SakuraCon to register if you haven't... we're raffling off a prize of two free nights in the hotel.  =)

see www.kumoricon.org for more!
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2005, 06:38:24 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

But, yay!*dances in joy*

Yes, run. Run far, far away

*hides*It will be futile to hide at Sakura-Con, Kei-Kei will find me, no matter what! AH!

Quote from: "Staze"
be sure to be at SakuraCon to register if you haven't... we're raffling off a prize of two free nights in the hotel.  =)

see www.kumoricon.org for more!

Ohh.... ^_^ That's really, really tempting.... That settles it! I am buying my Kumori-Con ticket at Sakura-Con! ^_^

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anonymous

Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2005, 10:13:09 pm »
Ill be there! hope to see you all  there!!

Offline Siobhan

• Oni
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2005, 02:06:20 am »
Maybe some of you veterans can help a newbie convention goer...I'm going to Sakuracon but only for Saturday, and I have to buy my ticket at the door. Will I be able to? And should I get there really early?? I'm pretty clueless so any help or advice I could get would be great. Thanks!!!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2005, 02:44:44 am »
Quote from: "Siobhan"
Maybe some of you veterans can help a newbie convention goer...I'm going to Sakuracon but only for Saturday, and I have to buy my ticket at the door. Will I be able to? And should I get there really early?? I'm pretty clueless so any help or advice I could get would be great. Thanks!!!

Having never been to SakuraCon and only to KumoriCon, I'll try to give as much advice I can that I think will relate to both.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy your ticket at the door.  I doubt they'll say no.  I can't see the place reaching max. capacity with two hotels and having been around enough to avoid these things.
(For those of you remembering last KumoriCon, take into account that there was another group meeting at the hotel on Sunday when people were turned away.)

I would suggest getting there early.  How early is up to you.  The earlier you are, the more events you'll be able to see, the more time you'll spend there, and there will probably be more stuff to choose from in the dealer's room.

Hoped that helped you.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2005, 04:15:22 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "Siobhan"

Having never been to SakuraCon and only to KumoriCon, I'll try to give as much advice I can that I think will relate to both.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy your ticket at the door.  I doubt they'll say no.  I can't see the place reaching max. capacity with two hotels and having been around enough to avoid these things.
(For those of you remembering last KumoriCon, take into account that there was another group meeting at the hotel on Sunday when people were turned away.)

I would suggest getting there early.  How early is up to you.  The earlier you are, the more events you'll be able to see, the more time you'll spend there, and there will probably be more stuff to choose from in the dealer's room.

Hoped that helped you.

Neigma's advice is good. I would say get there asap on Saturday. They are only selling 300 day tickets to Sakura-Con each day. So you'll need to get in line for your ticket asap.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
Wow, thanks for the compliment, the_wind_the_sea.  ^_^  And I didn't know about the "only selling 300 day tickets" thing.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2005, 01:15:53 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Wow, thanks for the compliment, the_wind_the_sea.  ^_^  And I didn't know about the "only selling 300 day tickets" thing.

You're welcome. But, that's what I heard... But... Knowing Sakura officials.... Let me leave it at that.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Sakura-Con Anyone?
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2005, 10:01:10 pm »
Yay to all the Kumori Con people who came up for Sakura Con!  :o

I saw a few of you at the Kumori Con booth, and confused them all mightely with the power of my staff badge (they printed my real name again, and that confuses everyone because no one really knows my real name, and it confuzles everyone  :? ), and said hello to everyone who recognized me, or I recognized.

And I got to hit Big Chris in the head with a fan and haul him off stage by the ear during Cosplay!  8)

Ummm... to anyone who went to cosplay, how was cosplay?  Cosplay contestants weren't actually allowed to see cosplay.  :cry:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.