Author Topic: Help ? :)  (Read 4691 times)

zidane

Help ? :)
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:07:28 am »
What exactly is kumoricon?
i was searching for anime conventions and this place came up on my search for the portland , OR area :O

is this anything to do with anime conventions?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
Yeah, it's an Anime Con. AND IT ROCKS.
:3 Kumori means 'Cloudy' in Japanese (Hint hint, Oregon.)
I don't really know what to say then... Other than yeah, it's an anime con.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:31:16 am »
Yep, this will be Kumoricon's third year, and it's held on labor day weekend in downtown Portland. Here's the main site link for more info: http://www.kumoricon.com/
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Zidane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:54:34 am »
wow sounds like fun! can't wait till next con in portland in september :)  

ive never been to one before ? are they fun? lots of t-shirts and stuff? hopefully they have lots of inuyasha merchandise :p
Virtue: "You dont need a reason to help people"
"Zidane! Making all the the homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream"

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:25:08 pm »
Quote from: "Zidane"
wow sounds like fun! can't wait till next con in portland in september :)  

ive never been to one before ? are they fun? lots of t-shirts and stuff? hopefully they have lots of inuyasha merchandise :p

Yes, yes it is fun.  Otherwise I wouldn't be back for Year 3.  First year I was staff, but didn't have an official thing I did other than just help.  Last year and this I'm in charge of registration, and despite the workload, it's still very entertaining.  Kumoricon's the only anime con I've managed to go to, but from what I'm hearing most attendees seem to have more fun there than Sakuracon, and that's saying something.  And -NO-, I'm not saying to not go to Sakuracon.  Go to both!  Just make sure you come to ours!  You won't regret it!   :wink:

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 07:19:47 pm »
From what I've heard Kumori con is /Very/ fun. :3 -has been looking at like, every picture of K con- This is my first big con too... :3 Just make sure you pre-register before the price goes up again. Beacuse if you buy at the door, it's much more expensive.
I've heard that they have a pretty decent dealer room... :3 I'm pretty sure they'll have some Inu Yasha merch.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 06:02:22 am »
*Takes a five yen coin, ties a piece of string around and starts swinging it between fingers and starts speaking in a mysterious voice*
You will go to KumoriCon.  You will have lots of fun.

...You will give me money?  (Worth a try at least)

Anyway, go to KumoriCon.  I figure if you're an anime fan you should go to at least one convention just to see what it's like.  I went the last two years and loved them both.  Before I forget, go to the Anime Dating Game.  They had that last year and it was hilarious.  XD

My guess is there will be quite a bit of Inu Yasha merch. there.  Just go to the dealer room early before all the good stuff is taken.  The line last year was looooooooong when it first opened.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 10:40:15 am »
Uh uhh uhhh.
I want to play the Anime dating game. >D

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 02:04:53 pm »
I forget why I didn't go to the Anime Dating game last year. It might have been because of my girlfriend,but I'm pretty sure it was something else.
Like my commitment to the Live Action Sailor Moon slumber party (which I have vowed to improve over last year's!).

What was it like?
Did they select random cosplayers to participate?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 02:36:43 pm »
The anime dating game was hilarious. At first they had some preselected people that everyone was competing for one at a time, but when they ran out of preselected people, the crowd didn't want to stop, so then they started kidnapping random people from other areas of the con. Even if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's a blast to just go and watch (thats what I did). I'm not sure how you can get people signed up to be the bachelor/bacholorette that's being competed for, but one of my boyfriend's friends was one of them (remember "Shirtless Kenshin" ^_~ ? ).
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 12:12:31 am »
Quote from: "Luana-neko"
remember "Shirtless Kenshin" ^_~ ? .

Vaguely...

I just remember the time when Bakazoku Chris went as the "Bachelorette" and had a girl reply for him.  But yeah, the Anime Dating Game was a HOOT!
How they "specially" selected the contestants was by asking random questions followed by picking one of two answers (example: which do you like: White Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Pocky?).  The people would raise then hands, get eliminated if their choice was not selected, and then the contestants would be the remaining three people.

The hard thing about the Dating Game last year was that it was during the Karaoke Competition so you had to make a choice which one to go to.  For the people who are in charge of the scheduling, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't have the Karaoke auditions and competition during the Dating Game *gets on hands and knees and repeatedly bows*.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 01:57:13 pm »
sadly part of growing into a bigger con is the fact that really popular events get put against each other so you don't have the whole con at one place at one time. Example- at Sakuracon the amv's  is usaually running at the same time as another event, so people have to decide which to go to.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 01:56:54 am »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
sadly part of growing into a bigger con is the fact that really popular events get put against each other so you don't have the whole con at one place at one time. Example- at Sakuracon the amv's  is usaually running at the same time as another event, so people have to decide which to go to.

*Bows head in defeat*
Aaaaaooooo  (or however you type a whining sound)
I may end up missing the Dating Game if I get enough courage (and get through the auditions) to do the Karaoke contest.  :cry:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 11:48:20 am »
This is why DVDs are awesome!
obsessedwithanime.com has the DVD of the first Kumoricon and supposedly there will be one for the second year as well (Klint, the creator, is apparently very busy).

A deciding factor for me is finding out where he's filming and then going to a different panel because I can always see what happened there on the DVD. That's the only way i'll catch the Bakazoku panel and the opening ceremonies last year.

Another way to keep events seperate is to have a longer convention but that's unlikely. It'd be better to have more really late night events.

Oh yeah, and Neko-chan?
Have you been to myyyyyyy photopages?  :D
The photo quality is bad because the store has a lame scanner to make the CDs.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 07:49:02 pm »
^__^- Aw. Thoes are some awsome pics...
-pause-
Um. -beats self with stupid stick- Your name isn't Tom, is it?

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 09:31:28 pm »
Last year's Dating Game was a blast!  Too bad about the girl/guy who ended up winning the round with Chris. x)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 11:34:03 pm »
Quote from: "rosaryblue"
Last year's Dating Game was a blast!  Too bad about the girl/guy who ended up winning the round with Chris. x)

Guy.

And I think he attempted to staple his tie to the wall and choke himself there when he won.