Author Topic: More cosplay Contests?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
More cosplay Contests?
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:49 pm »
Hai,

So what about offering more cosplay contests?

the events are always crowed and there are so many different types of cosplay why not create different contest over the three days.

There are so many things you could do like have a chibi only cosplay contest, best crossplay contest, best magical girl, best ninja, best Harajuku, best goth Lolita, skits, groups, individual, duo, 

just break them up so that more people can attend the contest they want to see and make it easier for people to attend other panels and participate more in the con.
Minion of the Otaku 7

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: More cosplay Contests?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:58 pm »
I like this idea. I never actually have gone to the cosplay contest considering I wouldn't want to sit that long and the room always seems so small. last year was my first time attending but that was because I was in it. :/

but this makes a lot of sense and seems pretty acquirable but I can see some problems popping up here and there with this also. well really I have no legit reason to speak for this at all except for that I like it. XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 11:14:59 am »
while i do rather like the idea of seperating the walk ons from the skits for a bit of smoother sailing i dont really see much chance of the rest of this happening sadly ) :

For one there arent really enough skits to devided them into that many catigorys, and actualy having that many diffrent events i think would give staff a lot more work for this than they ussualy do.

another thing is it's actually a bit nice to have everyone in the back room, it builds a bit of anticipation and then you know precisley what skits have gone so far, and the year before we had a nice vid screen to watch the action, this year we sadly didnt... hoping to next year but it would be a hassle to constantly set it up and take it down again and again.

having a Chibi cosplay thing (like for the kids) sounds like a great idea though <3 It may get more kids to try out for it and would be very fun for them I think :3 It would also probally be a smaller event for them but thats just fine I supose....

I dont have the final say on this but ive been in the skits two times and I'm going to be in two skits next year it looks like, and really it would be very confusing for me to be running around two to diffrent compitions all day because i need rehersal for one that may be in a diffrent place than the other then imidiatly after i have to run to the other contests room to set up for them! It will be a very confusing day for me if it gets split up into that many contests ) :

sorry dont mean to be a party pooper, it is a great idea i'm just not sure how much of it is that realistic. (Perhaps devided the costumes into more award catigorys for the things like you said like best Crossplay, best lolita, ect?)
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:56 am »

I dont have the final say on this but ive been in the skits two times and I'm going to be in two skits next year it looks like, and really it would be very confusing for me to be running around two to diffrent compitions all day because i need rehersal for one that may be in a diffrent place than the other then imidiatly after i have to run to the other contests room to set up for them! It will be a very confusing day for me if it gets split up into that many contests ) :

You know for the official Cosplay Contest you can only be in one skit.

I more or less say dance skits should not be with acting skits.

are you offereing these contests outside of the main contest?
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:03:09 pm »
Sage: actualy it got worked out that you can infact be in two but only two. but you can only have your name down for one so that you can only recieve one prize. theres a thread about it some where in here >.>

i also agree about the dance skits thing.... i dont say stop cause ive seen some cool ones but diffrent catigory of award maybe, or a dance contest would be good. cause theres enough of them that it could possibley be benificiol and worth it for them to have their own contest/award

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 01:05:48 pm »
I think that such things seem pretty reasonable to discuss as our numbers get higher and higher.  I will, however, relocate this discussion to the appropriate forum. ;P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »
We don't really have the space needed to have multiple cosplay events over the weekend... cosplay has to share the Main Events stage with whatever big screenings/music/amvs/dances we have over the weekend.  As it is, cosplay pretty much takes over Main Events on Sunday.

This year, there is a plan to have a bit more separation between skits and costumes.. they will share the same block of time in Main, but we are hoping to do it a bit differently (there will more info posted in a couple of months.)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »
random thought
cutest loli-hotdog eating contest.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 12:55:17 pm »
Have people not seen the dance contest thread?
I want to make that happen this year... :0
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 03:54:36 pm »
zomg I thought that my post got squashed  :-\ but I am happy that it didn't.  Anyway I hope that maybe the new format of the cosplay will help and I still would love to see a chibi for the kids cosplay contest and maybe best lotita :D
Minion of the Otaku 7

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:54:44 am »
lol I dont think the best Lolita has the best of chances but I'm hoping for the Chibi (lil kids) one to : ) I think it would be kinda cute.