Author Topic: Rhythm Games - 2009  (Read 15668 times)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Re: Rhythm Games - 2009
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:00 am »
DancingTofu -

One word for GH/RB players - ScoreHero.Com.

From there, you can hook up with literally the best in the GH/RB playing community from across the nation. So if you want to post tournament details for a GH/RB tournament, that'd be the best place to do it. I'd also recommend finding an Xbox Live or Playstation Network site to post event details on since those SHOULD be frequented by thousands of people a week.

As for the GH/RB debate, I think it's kind of moot. I'll fully admit that I'm a Guitar Hero Fanboy. But really? I think Rock Band has the best band mechanics far and wide. That's why I will toot Rock Band's horn when it comes to cooperative play over Guitar Hero any day of the week. But when it is a one-on-one competition specifically directed at guitar play ONLY, then Guitar Hero has the slight advantage, in my opinion. And neither is actually THAT accurate to playing a real guitar. There's similarities, but the basic mechanics are quite different.

Honestly, I don't care what happens to be used for the guitar tournament. I simply would rather see another Guitar Hero (specifically Smash Hits since it is, in my opinion, the best Guitar Hero game released) game be used over Rock Band. Would I be disappointed if Rock Band were used? No. As long as I don't hear the same song 20 times over (Hangar 18 in 2007... I learned ALL of the lyrics to that song during the GH tournament.)
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Rhythm Games - 2009
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 05:27:19 pm »
Alright, thanks for the info.  MC Blaze (Dustin) will be running Rock Band this year.  He's blazinghydro on the forums.  I'll talk to TJ and Blaze about a Guitar Hero Tournament, but I can't guarantee that it will happen this year.  Seems fairly likely though.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>