Author Topic: Question to the veterans about stock  (Read 3559 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Question to the veterans about stock
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:15:09 pm »
I was planning for the AA last year and it fell through but this year everything is all set and waiting.

Anyways my team is starting to organize stock as we got about half a year left and really im a bit curios about how much we need to have of things? I would rather over stock and go to Ebay after words with the rest than have a lil less.

what im most worried about are the home made hats... cause those are slightly spendier and with the design our seamstress has their really cute and i think they will sell great, but i dunno how many we need to make.

prints i worry less about as long as theres a kinkos near bye.

any sugestions?
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
Re: Question to the veterans about stock
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:33 pm »
With prints I typically do around 5-10 prints of each (and I have a pretty mammoth variety) But with tangible items like keychains and such, only 3-4. I really couldn't tell you about hats and such sadly. Just that I often see them being overpriced, and not incredibly well made.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
Re: Question to the veterans about stock
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:57:08 pm »
Ah, the million dollar question!

It really depends on the product and how easily it is stored and created. The stock you have on hand is highly depend on how what sell and what your audience is.  I usually have 3-5 copies of select items.

As for hats, maybe have 2-3 of each design on hand and if you sell out--that's awesome. :D

And since this is in Downtown, there is are several place with in blocks for printing. I will be sure to ask our Cartographer to place such information for printing on the convention maps.