Author Topic: New Tattoo I Got Today  (Read 17701 times)

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
New Tattoo I Got Today
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:24 pm »
Just felt like posting this as I'm pretty stoked at the moment.

This is the beginning of my Sharingan tattoos.

Got one on each wrist. Planning to later on get the pupils done, then fill in the middle area in red.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
Re: New Tattoo I Got Today
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:18:38 pm »
Just felt like posting this as I'm pretty stoked at the moment.

This is the beginning of my Sharingan tattoos.

Got one on each wrist. Planning to later on get the pupils done, then fill in the middle area in red.
ooooooooooo~ XD
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 11:53:11 pm »
That doesn't sound healthy
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:52:48 am »
So just a quick question to anyone that has an Anime related Tattoo: Why? I know that we all like Anime, but to have it permanently on your body for the rest of your life is kinda extreme... I know that you'll "love Anime forever" but I guess I just don't get it.

The one Tattoo that I've considered getting is a Pink Floyd Tattoo over my left shoulder blade. Pink Floyd really changed the way I looked at music and I know that I will never tire of them.

Same reason anybody gets a tattoo.. they want it. And typically, whether or not it's from an anime, most people pick a design that's somewhat appealing regardless of the origin, so even if the origin loses it's meaning, it still looks pretty cool. Plus, there is quite a difference between getting 1 or 2 tattoos that are anime related, but are just certain designs of something within the anime, and getting your arms, or legs, or even your entire body covered with tattoos related to one thing or another, be it anime symbols and characters, or religious symbols and characters.

If you wanna be picky about it, you can ask why some people spend $150-$300 or more on simple contacts they'll only use for cosplay, and will last for roughly 3 years, maybe less, before they wear out or dry up, or whatever the cause may be, become unusable.

So, try to be more open-minded, K?
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 06:29:49 am »
Omg thats koolio~! =OOO
I was planning to get a heartless tattoo like a symbol that Riku had and what not >w<
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
Mustash- I don't have a tattoo yet, but i'm planning on getting the Nerv logo. It for a similar reason you have with Pink Floyd. Neon Genesis Evangelion changed my perspective on life  and that will never change.  :D   

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 09:23:50 pm »
I'll just say for myself (and I know I speak for Kahlan as well), I have alchemy symbols of human transmutation (from Fullmetal Alchemist) tattooed on my forearms. I have them because they have personal meaning and application to me. I have never been and never will be the kind of person to get a tattoo just because it "looks cool". Everything has to have meaning, and these tattoos do. It is not just an homage to an anime I love, it is also a symbol of my faith (which is, obviously, not just a trend or phase). Basically, just as the symbols were used in alchemy to bring one back from "the other side"/death, so have I been brought back to life by Jesus Christ. So, for me, my tattoos will always have meaning. But, I don't speak for all, of course.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:31 pm »
All of my tattoos are memories of my youth, and what I was interested in. Years from now I'll look at them and be reminded of what I was like when I was young. And so far, that doesn't seem like it's going to be changing anytime soon. I've noticed that I just really don't care about some things, and because of that, I have an easy time with a lot of things people struggle with, like tattoos and regretting them.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
Renee has a tattoo of Gir from Invader Zim...I think thats pretty awesome.

Ive toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for a long time. If I got one it would probably be stonehenge wrapped around my ankle (To me thats a symbol of human strength/inteligence and a reminder to always be curious) and in one of the Henges I want a spiderweb and a spider.

2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 02:28:12 am »
I'd like to get one of a snakey-dragon (like Haku from Spirited away) wrapped around my arm. You can get something inspired by anime that still has personal meaning to you but also looks cool.
 But defiantly be sure your gonna like it for the rest of your life. 
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 03:08:53 pm »
agreed with eve and sayda. i've got the same transmutation circle tattoo as eve, and also have a kingdom hearts tattoo, and plan on getting quite a few more anime/video game related tattoos. it's because they've had a huge impact on me, like urahara said about the one she wants, and they're things i know i'll always love. just because it's anime doesn't discount the fact that it's important to me, nor should it for anyone else who gets tattoos based on anime. it's the same as getting a band logo or whatever. i could rant more, but i can't really form great sentences right now, lol, so i'll just leave it at that o.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:27 am »
I could never get a tattoo D:
Much as love body art, I can't deal with things that are permanent. I had size 12 gauges in my ears for a while but never moved up another size cuz I started to miss wearing my old earrings and well I ended loosing them anyways lol. Lost the backing and they came off during my sleep. But yeah, point is I just can't stick with one thing for so long. So instead of actually getting it done to myself I just draw the tattoos and piercings I want on my OC characters! :D

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:22 pm »
Pretty cool xD A guy that worked with me as a team leader at the food bank for a while had a heartless tatoo. hope you went to some place good though! The guy was an apretance for a really good body shop and told me the important things about body modifcation and a few horror stories when I mentioned thinking about a couple piercings....
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Beruchi baka

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 11:38:57 pm »
8D That tattoo. Pwns. So much.

:3 I'd really like to get a fairy on the inside of my elbow.>> And a pair of anime-chibi wings on each of my shoulder blades.x3 XD I'd defiantly like more, but those are the two that I'm absalutely going to get.

Tattoos are great for expressing ideals, morals, beliefs and etc.:3 xD In fact, I think that they explain and convince people more so than you could if you used words.o.oU xD They tell stories without any words. It really doesn't matter what genre of tattoo appeals to you, whether it be anime, music, specific events... Etc. As long as it means something to you, it has value.

8D Annnd the philosophical view inside of Beruchi's mind is over. We hope you enjoyed the ride, and to please come again soon.
"Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. [flips page] Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:57:09 am »
Did some one say Tattoos? Here's my new ones

Arashikage Clan Tattoo - It's still all swelly :(

Heroes!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 01:08:51 am »
pepito, where'd you get yours done at?
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 01:12:48 am »
I get my work done by Leon "Primo" at Bad Kitties in Newberg, OR

He's a great artist, fast, and very decently priced. We have 3 more in line and then an eventual calf sleeve - not really sure what of yet

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 01:14:49 am »
I thought so. I know Leon. My mother owns the shop. I remember seeing him tattoo something like that on a guys arm the other day, which was why I asked. XD

I think I asked him if he needed any tubes cleaned while you were there, but I can't remember. I wasn't there for very long.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 01:18:03 am »
Small world :P

You went to the Women's Self Defense Seminar at Dragonfly TKD right?

See how good I am at advertising for your mom's shop by the way...

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 01:21:53 am »
Yup! That too.

It is a small world. Haha, it's good to advertise, they enjoy it when people do!
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 01:23:38 am »
It's a good shop - my wife and I both get ink and haircuts there

DFTKD - Is my shop by the way  ;D

Offline Nayamashii Koneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 01:45:32 am »
I've been toying around with getting a Jolly Roger on my upper left arm and the kanji for "love" and "music" on my left/right shoulder blades. The two things that brought the love of my life to me.  That's about it really. I'm a huge wimp when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm not sure if I'll actually get it done.

If I do, it'll have to be after my wedding. I might be able to pull off the kanji...but not the Jolly Roger.

What do you guys think?
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 06 Volunteer (Registration)
K-Con 07 Registration Staff (Pre-Reg)
K-Con 08 Registration Staff (At Door Reg)
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 01:49:45 am »
Sounds pretty sweet.

I tend to like tattoos that I get to see a lot, I haven't done a lot of stuff on my back, because I can't see it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 08:38:57 am »
Yeah, I am beginning to feel the same way as you, Pepito. My first tattoo was a silhouette of a wolf I got on my shoulder, but I never get to see it so I tend to miss it or forget about it sometimes.

I'm a big arm tattoo person, myself. Got some big plans for the future, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 10:33:16 am »
I don't think I'll get a tattoo on my leg somewhere. The idea of it just doesn't sound appealing to me. I prefer arms, chest, abdomen, and back. Of course.. if I run out of room, then I guess I'll have to resort to my legs.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 07:38:36 am »
To further decorate my arms, Kahlan and I went to Adorn and scheduled our next session for new ink. We're both getting a version of the Mario Mushroom (me on my arm, her somewhere else), and "Why So Serious?" in Joker's blood lettering (my on the back of my right arm, her on her left). Yay, new stuff.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 07:54:15 am »
Sweet!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 09:55:35 am »
To further decorate my arms, Kahlan and I went to Adorn and scheduled our next session for new ink. We're both getting a version of the Mario Mushroom (me on my arm, her somewhere else), and "Why So Serious?" in Joker's blood lettering (my on the back of my right arm, her on her left). Yay, new stuff.

soooo excited for those ^.^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 04:54:35 pm »

soooo excited for those ^.^

Next week, woo!

So, here is a picture of the Life Shroom we are getting done:

And here's 'Why So Serious?' (it's just the text we're getting done.):

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 08:56:39 pm »
weee only a week left to wait for the new tats ^.^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 09:55:50 pm »
i bet its like the week before christmas for you two :)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:59 pm »
ya i plan to get one on my back that says Aikido in Japanese

China bound!!!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 06:39:13 am »
Ooohhh. That'll be amazing, Khalan and Eve! xD Props for a Joker tattoo!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 08:29:25 am »
heh, thanks, Syd. Yeah, we're looking forward to it. It kind of is like the week before Christmas, lol. Kahlan is even going to bake goodies for our tattoo artist (because he is awesome. ^_^).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 09:00:18 am »
heh, thanks, Syd. Yeah, we're looking forward to it. It kind of is like the week before Christmas, lol. Kahlan is even going to bake goodies for our tattoo artist (because he is awesome. ^_^).

yeah, speaking of awesome tattoo artist, if any of you want tattoos and can easily get to beaverton, go check out adorn body art. the tattoo artists are all great, but we love jesse <3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »
Yay, we got our tattoos done today! They are still bandaged up, but we will definitely get shots posted within the next couple of days. They look absolutely amazing! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 11:23:51 pm »
yay new tattoos! as eve said, we'll get pics up as soon as we can remove the bandages, though they may still be a bit red, but i'm too excited to wait, hehe. they do look fantastic ^.^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 11:25:58 pm »
Yup, Jesse (the artist we've gone with so many times now) is just the best, plain and simple.

I'm glad to add more tattoos to my collection of Nerd-dom. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!