Author Topic: Customer service stories  (Read 2270 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Customer service stories
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:52 am »
I ordered two wigs, a thing of the krylon theatrical makeup, and a pair of boots from cosworx. I ended up having to exchange a wig due to me clicking the wrong color and the boots being to tall. I'm pleased to hear that not only am I getting the wig exchanged with no extra costs even though it was my own damn fault and I'm getting a refund for the boots.

I even put the wrong color in again (that wig isn't produced in the color I wanted) and they sent me an email, jeez, about an hour after it arrived asking me what color I wanted it in. They were polite and helpful with all of the questions I've had for them and were on top of things. I will defiantly be ordering from cosworx again.

Have any of you had to return/had questions about the cosplay stuff you've ordered and had good/bad service with the company? Post yer stories here.

EDIT: Question about is for any place you've ordered wigs/commissions/stuff from anyone. It's nice to hear what places are good and bad.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:06:19 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Customer service stories
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:00:49 pm »
So far all the stuff that I have order was great. Some times it takes a little while to get here but I have never had anything that I need to return. Everything meet my expectation and the few times that I did have any questions they were always quick to respond ;D

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:59 pm »
yeah cosworx is a really solid site, i think mainly because the people involved are really interested in what they are doing.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 12:24:14 pm »
I've only had one problem with Cosworx, and that was when they shipped my shoes to an address in Texas instead of the one I actually live at. I didn't have enough time to get the right shoes, and so I ended up with my wedge-heel nightmares for my Organization boots at K-con. Definitely getting a different pair by next con.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:18:37 pm »
Good to know, I so need to get a new seshomaru wig
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:33:55 pm »
that's good to know I was thinking about maybe buying a wig from them.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 08:09:12 pm »
Oh I got one. I ordered my Misa dress just recently and it was expected to take about 10 days to make and another 10 days to ship. Well I contacted the seller several times about some questions (nothing bad) but he would respond even though it was the New Years.

And it even ended up coming here a week early, and I am very happy with it ;D

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 08:18:55 am »
lol as far as ordering stuff goes the most Ive ordered is a wig and a hoop skirt....

the hoop skirt i had to order through Seraph because of parentl issues, and the wig my sister helped me with but as far as most things go i've gotten great service from where I buy : )

THe wig place I went to had free shipping, the wig was perfct (we didnt need much styling at all) and it was great shape for really low cost. not to mention though shipping was free it was really really fast O_o

as far as the hoop skirt goes theres a bit more of a funny store behind that one. For those of you who have seen pictures you know that skirt of mine is HUGE right?

well it came in a bag that was no bigger than an 8 x 12 bag. not a box a bag. At first I thought my order must have gotten mixed untill upon opening it the thing exploded and there was a huge skirt in front of me. It still amazes me how they got that thing in there cause I cant fold it up... the smallest ive been able to get it is just to the point where its a very large circle (Hence for transporting it palces it seems i must wear it) but the skirt place was great to, chep skirt for good quality : )

i got my friends to thank for finding htose though <3
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:48:43 am »
When I was ordering my Euphemia dress from a site off Ebay, the factory that the dresses were being produced in was really slow. It was around the Chinese New Years, and the sellers E-Mailed me explaining that they wouldn't be able to get it done for Two more weeks. Luckily, when the dress was shipped, it looked pretty, and they sent me a little Chinese New Year good luck charm.
8D

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:27 pm »
oh i just remembered something

One time I was getting a necklace from cosplaymagic.com and they do free shipping to places but it took a long time to get I can't remember how long. But it was maybe 3 weeks but once i got it about a week later part of the chain that was holding the blue crystil (it's the save one in i forget which FF game) to it feel apart. But it's not the companys falt because they buy things from other places it looks like for some stuff but all the costumes they make but there spendy never have gotten one from them but just felt like sharing that

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 11:13:53 am »
Oh, Oh, I've got a BAD one! *Sits around a campfire with a flashlight to face* Here it goes..

For last years K-con, me and my sister wanted to get a Gourry and Lina cosplay, so we searched far and wide on the web until we stumbled upon a site that we both agreed looked like it made awesome cosplays - this site is known as Limebarb. Anyway, we ordered our costumes in January, and were very VERY specific about what we wanted and when we wanted it. They were very nice to us, and since I did most the talking, I was very polite as well.

Well, the con was rolling around the corner, and we were getting worried about our cosplays. Normally, they are supposed to email you some pics of your cosplay before you get it, but we never got those; we were okay with that though, since we were really excited. We FINALLY got our cosplays a few days before the con... But the thing was, we didn't get everything we asked for, and there were a few things we noticed right away that weren't right - my wig was WAY too short (I asked for a wig that went past a normal persons butt, but I got something shoulder length), my sisters jewelry for her cosplay was wrong or not all there (she didn't even get the earrings she asked for and stuff fell off), she didn't get the dagger/sheath she asked for, I didn't get my SWORD (until the second day, and it didn't even come with a sheath), and, before we even got to the con, my armor and gloves started falling apart. We complained to them (as politely as I could, since I felt that our time at the con was sorta ruined - cosplay-wise) and it took them a while to reply. It SAYS on their website that they give refunds if something didn't come in on time.. We wanted refunds because things didn't come in on time AND some things didn't come at all. I paid about 900 dollars and my sister 700 (big rip-off, right? I feel like such an idiot still..), and they were only willing to give us a 60 dollar refund (which we didn't even get yet, or at all). We sent them some more emails, but we STILL haven't gotten a reply.

*Takes a deep breath* In conclusion kiddies, don't shop at Limebarb.com- unless you want to waste alot of money on a costume that doesn't come on time and/or falls apart.
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 01:32:32 pm »
Ergh, I've heard a lot of terrible Limebarb stories. I'm sorry that happened to you Gourry.

Another story from me concerning http://stores.ebay.com/REFUSE-TO-BE-USUAL. I couldn't find thigh high socks that weren't made out of nylon from anywhere except that ebay store. I didn't really wanna use ebay and paypal but I didn't have a choice. I screwed up my address on paypal because I wasn't paying attention to what was going on and contacted the seller. She got back to me quickly, was very polite and worked with me to figure out what to do if the socks were returned to her. The socks ended up coming without having to go through all of that (only my apartment number was wrong) and she emailed me again to make sure I got my socks.

It took a long time to get to my house considering it's coming from Taiwan but I would still suggest this seller to people.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 01:39:49 pm »
Eh, I've been venting my frustrations over the incident so much that I'm starting to get numb about it.. Atleast other people can learn from my stupidity and not repeat my mistake.

Aww, what a nice lady! It's nice to hear about people like that, and that they ARE out there.
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=