Author Topic: Anime Trivia  (Read 11808 times)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« on: May 07, 2004, 10:46:28 am »
Oh oh! I want to help with Anime Trivia... I was at the Sakura Con's trivia thing... and no offense to the people that helped make it... but it kind of sucked >.< I mean I liked the lay out and stuff... but all the questions were circled around about 4 animes only....  I think that the questions should be wide-spread all the way from Rurouni Kenshin to Hyper Police!
Sweet Times

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Anime Trivia
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 12:32:21 pm »
It didn't help that some of the answers were wrong, and some of the questions didn't match the answers in the slightest. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Anime Trivia
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:29:46 pm »
I was originally working on You Don't Know Jack About Anime for the first Kumoricon, but I ended up being too swampped to complete it.  I was going to hold some sort of screening to get the 4 contestents, that way they at least had a decent amount of knowledge and could answer a generous portion of the questions.  I might see if I can dig up my notes on that and hand those off to someone.  It was a fun idea.
~Sean Larson~

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 04:33:41 pm »
*eyes grow huge and sparkly* You mean... no one is working on a trivia of anime wit and skill... *clears throut* hem.... I, for one, will be up (and begging) for the job of making an Anime Trivia *poses* not to brag... or anything (i say that a lot)  I know quite a bit about Anime, plus all my friends can help me *jumps around* oh oh! can I be in charge of it or something, please please pleeeease.... *gets on knees*... Oh I'll go ask if I can make it on that meeting on May 23rd right now too... *runs off*
Sweet Times

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Anime Trivia
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:43:12 pm »
E-mail our programming director via programming @kumoricon.org and we'll get you set up as running the Anime Trivia Show (Or whatever you want to call it)
~Sean Larson~

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 05:50:34 pm »
Gotcha, will do ^.~
Sweet Times

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 06:54:47 pm »
You might do well to imitate COO and their screening for the Dating Game.  They schedule a screening and have it put on the Con schedule, on the morning of the game, and anyone who wants to try can show up.  There is no audience to the screening, only would-be contestents.  They pick the most likely types (largely those who will be confident and interesting to have onstage) and make them the bachelors and bachelorettes who get to read off the questions.

You could put them through a sort of Tournament of Knowledge and use sample questions to weed out all but the best, put the most impressive of the runners-up on a backup list in case a few finalists don't show up, and make the showdown between the finalists into the public, hyped event itself.  ^_^

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Anime Trivia
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 12:49:09 am »
*nods*  

Though, we're going to try to get COO to come to the con.  we'll see... maybe if we tell them BakaZoku is coming, and they would be wooses if they didn't come, they will.  ;-P  

I think I'll start calling them CO2. Colorless, Oderless, and it's the gas you give off after breathing and using useful stuff in the air.  Oh, and it causes the greenhouse effect.  :-P  Kidding, they're funny... need to meet them in person sometime though.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Anime Trivia
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 07:12:25 am »
Sounds like a blast, can't wait to audition for this as well. *smile*

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 11:05:18 am »
I think a screening thing would be great it would be kind of like *first round* then the top 10 people with the most points can stay and go over another set of questions... then the top 5 for the actual game.  Then... uh the game could have things like Life-lines and those type of things, perhaps... =^.^= "Who wants to be an Otakullionare"  xD lol  that was silly *is hyper today too...but not as much*
Sweet Times

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Anime Trivia
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 01:31:03 pm »
I think a "You Don't Know Jack" format would work the best personally. Complete with the second and third round "screws" to use.

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Anime Trivia
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 01:32:21 pm »
*thinks how to make a giant foam screw*

Since we can't have the contestants throwing wood screws at eachother.  ;-P
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 02:27:34 pm »
Well I'm not quite sure what the format is for "YOu don't know about Jack" is... ^.^ I'm just coming upwith different opitions... hm...
Sweet Times

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Anime Trivia
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 06:07:04 pm »
Basic YDKJ format is that a host gives the a contestant three catagories to choose from (usually very weirdly worded so that it's hard to tell what each catagory is about) and then everyone is given a question to answer. Normally in YDKJ, you are given a multiple choice question but I think that you can skip that part.

As for the screws...... in rounds 2 and 3, each person is given one screw where if they are asked a question that they think someone else doesn't know the answer to... they can use the screw to force someone else to try to answer. If they are incorrect, the person who used the screw gets the points. If they are right however, the correct answer gets the points and the person who used the screw loses points.

Not sure how you could pull off the gibberish questions or the final round though. Hmmm...... maybe YDKJ format isn't such a good idea after all.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 08:08:45 pm »
it would be cool if someone could make a flash game of it for the site :D

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2004, 08:10:52 pm »
Oh I see... hm.... kinda of like a variation of Jepordy... *starts humming the jepordy theme song*
Sweet Times

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Anime Trivia
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 05:10:52 am »
Quote from: "zenix"
it would be cool if someone could make a flash game of it for the site :D

Yes, that would be very cool. I would volunteer if it weren't for the fact that I am an idiot when it comes to anything but basic computer knowledge.

Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
Oh I see... hm.... kinda of like a variation of Jepordy... *starts humming the jepordy theme song*

I suppose that would be a cogent paradime...... though I'm not sure how much the Jeopardy people would appriciate being compared to YDKJ. LOL

I personally think that YDKJ is far more entertaining than Jeopardy, especialy if you get a host that's really into it and loves to screw with the contestants as much as the real hosts of YDKJ does.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 02:23:02 pm »
hm... depends how you go about it I guess.... I know some people that could make a Jeapordy format rather fun...
Sweet Times

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime Trivia
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 01:43:26 pm »
how about a name that tune from anime theams and video game music
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Anime Trivia
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 03:22:26 pm »
That could be a category! and then like... Name that Quote and so on =^.^= yay! yay!
Sweet Times

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime Trivia
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 06:42:33 am »
sweet :D  good idea! it's alrety sounding like fun, makes me want to play all of the ff  games to prepare for it  :twisted:
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Name that ...
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 05:36:26 am »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
That could be a category! and then like... Name that Quote and so on =^.^= yay! yay!

Name that cackle? [Contestant: " No, it wasn't Naga it's um,
the blonde whats-er-face from Utena um um um - AANNNNK!]

And for a toughie:

Samples of any numbers of pairs of female characters
saying 'Neeeeeeeee'  in tandem ...

- GLL

AMV Trivia Contest On-line
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2004, 02:34:31 pm »
For anime trivia fans,
there si a new AMV trivia contest up.

- G