Author Topic: Survival Anime Trivia Contest  (Read 5317 times)

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
Survival Anime Trivia Contest
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:02:57 am »
This is to announce what is now confirmed for this year's programming: Kumoricon will have at least one Anime Trivia Contest again this year (although this doesn't bar there from being more).

"Oneesan" (aka the Battle Royale video girl), along with "Mitsuko" and a bevy of other BR assistants are working even harder this year to challenge otaku with a game of anime trivia with a survival theme.

The structure will be a bit different this year, and there will be more questions for more rounds. One of the only things being kept about the structure is that there will be anime music identification questions. Each round will still have a winner, the round winners compete against each other at the end.

The last otaku standing will, as we'd wished to do last year, win a "well-rounded otaku" prize package that is sure to be awesome. But everyone who competes will get to keep the special "costume accessories" that we will be handing out for the game.

Other changes this year: the winner will receive a certificate and their name or nickname will be recorded and announced at closing ceremonies as well as being posted on the website after the con.

Any questions?
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 10:49:10 am »
Oohh. I wana play.
Will there be age qualifacations? Or anything like age groups?

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 06:17:21 pm »
Most likely we should not have to exclude anyone due to the content of the contest and its theme. We're still discussing the possibility of specific question categories, but any divisions that are made aren't likely to be based on age.

It is highly likely there will be questions from anime that might not be viewing-appropriate for much younger audiences (no, that doesn't mean hentai or adult, but it could very well mean things that are for more mature audiences in terms of theme and violence). Still, that will not keep anyone from ~attending~, because we are not showing video clips and questions will definitely not involve graphic descriptions of anything objectionable that might be included in the anime, and may not even refer to such materials.

What this means, basically, is that anybody can attend and play, but very young otaku, if they are selected as contestants, may not be able to answer as many questions as those who are older. Still, you never know what sort of questions may come up, especially if we continue without sub-categories for questions.

Last year, a Naruto question ended up going to a contestant who was nearly the only person in the room not familiar with that anime. This year, the question-and-answer format, at least, will be changed a bit, but likely it will still sometimes be very much a surprise what will come up on any given question.

The questions will be all original this year and contestants should expect a similar mix of questions from both popular and more obscure anime movies and series.
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 07:16:21 pm »
^__^- Yay. I wonder if I should enter? Ahah. Everyone else'll have like 1294819048109 points and I'll have like 12. >D Woo.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:12:13 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
^__^- Yay. I wonder if I should enter? Ahah. Everyone else'll have like 1294819048109 points and I'll have like 12. >D Woo.

Nah, you suprise yourself with what you know sometimes. And then you wonder how.  :wink:

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline otakusan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.otakusan.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:11:39 pm »
im sooooooo gonna do that dude, lol
sounds like a lot of fun, definatly gonna play, lol

POCKY!!!!!!!!!
0_0
0_o