Author Topic: Crisis Core  (Read 43929 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Crisis Core
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »
I know this topic was already made but it was locked. I just recently got the game and I keep getting off track on other topic so I figured I would make a new one ;D

I love the game so much. I have already beaten it and am now working on finishing all the missions. I am over 50% done with them.

So I would love to hear any tips people have as well as likes and dislikes :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:49:20 pm by TanisNikana »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Crisis Core
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
Well, you know my stance on it. I love the game, love everything about it (except Minerva, the last mission of the game. She's terrible.) As for advice, I'd say that as a general suggestion, Tri-Thundaga or Hell Thundaga can be great helps, especially when fighting the buzz-fly swarms or large groups (like the 1000-man infantry). So, if you're in a bind, get that equipped and also, try to make or acquire Costly Punch. That thing'll do maximum damage every time if you are at full-health. If you can get Costly Punch and the equipment that breaks the damage limit, you'll be sitting pretty, at least for a while. 50% into the missions is still early on enough for these abilities and attacks to do great damage.

Good luck! Let me know when you get to Minerva. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:45:25 pm »
O.O There is equipment that breaks the damage limit? I MUST GET THIS!

I also find that phoenix downs are really really nice :P So is the phoenix summon XD

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:47:51 pm »
experiment with materia fusion and such, you'll get some good ones that will add to attack power, hp, and some others that up your other stats a lot that can be really helpful. the strategy guide helps with fusion and such, though i'm sure you can find stuff about that on the internet.

i know you said you wanted to get the guide, it's super helpful with missions. it has little maps that tell you where the objective is and where the treasures are. i sometimes get lost in some missions cause everywhere you go looks the same so you get turned around a lot... the little maps help lots ^.^

good luck on the harder missions, i gave up on them after a while cause i'm just not that good, lol. maybe i'll go back to them once i play through again and get my stats boosted more after some leveling up and more materia fusion.

oh yeah, and the breaking limits equipment/accessories. like break damage, break hp, etc. those are SUPER helpful >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:50:52 pm »
I will get the guide sometime just because I want the it :P

I do need to play a little with the materia fusion though.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:47 pm »
O.O There is equipment that breaks the damage limit? I MUST GET THIS!

I also find that phoenix downs are really really nice :P So is the phoenix summon XD

Yeah, there is equipment that breaks both the damage and HP limits. If I remember right it is the Genji helm and armour, which I think you start getting later in the missions (like the last 10% or so), but yeah, they are godsends at that point and always from then on.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 10:53:48 pm »
Alright I will keep and eye out for those. They would be very useful in the future :P

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:03:37 am »
they did a great job of moddling genis after gackt <3
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:09:20 am »
Yes they did a fantastic job at that :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:34 pm »
they did a great job of moddling genis after gackt <3

Have you played the game yet, Jaz? I know you love Genesis because of Gackt, so I'm curious to know what you think of the actual game and how Genesis is involved in things.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:54 pm »
O.o I played the game and I still liked the character.....his constant reciting lines got a little annoying towards the end though >_>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 04:01:23 pm »
Oh yeah, I know. I like the character too. I was just asking Jaz because I haven't heard her opinion about the game itself yet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:12 pm »
that's true.....so Jaz what is your opinion? :P

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 10:03:33 am »
ah ha...well i have not played the game, mostly because i have not had the time to really play an rpg in what feels like a year (been busy and i dont play a rpg half assed if that makes sence it consume a chunk of my life)
from what i have seen from watching parts my hubby played, seemed very confusing adding a story line and saying "it was here in the begining really!" make me think of the new star wars movies
other then that i look at G and pet the screen and hum gackt songs and wish it was in japanese so i could hear him, but i didnt think you wanted to hear that

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:37 pm »
Yeah it is a little hard to believe that the story was there before ff 7 but it still was a fun game I thought. Plus they did show Genesis in another final fantasy game *cough* Dirge of Cerberus *cough*

which actually now that I have played through Crisis Core and I know some things regarding Genesis it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially how Dirge was after Advent Children.  ???
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:16:20 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:13:06 pm »
Yeah it is a little hard to believe that the story was there before ff 7 but it still was a fun game I thought. Plus they did show Genesis in another final fantasy game *cough* Dirge of Cerberus *cough*

which actually now that I have played through Crisis Core and I know some things regarding Genesis it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially how Dirge was after Advent Children.  ???

what all doesn't make sense? maybe i could try to help fill some in ^.^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »
well I understand some stuff and I don't want to give away spoilers >_> I guess I can make the text really small.

Genesis becomes Kadaj right? Well Kadaj dies in AC so how can he come back and get Hojo in Dirge?

;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »
* TanisNikana moved this to Gaming.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »
Thank you ^_^

The other topic was in general so I wasn't too sure ;D

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 05:09:29 pm »
I was so sadly disappointed with this game and the direction that SE is taking the FF world that I will be selling this game.  If any one is interested PM me. 

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:01 pm »
ah ha...well i have not played the game, mostly because i have not had the time to really play an rpg in what feels like a year (been busy and i dont play a rpg half assed if that makes sence it consume a chunk of my life)
from what i have seen from watching parts my hubby played, seemed very confusing adding a story line and saying "it was here in the begining really!" make me think of the new star wars movies
other then that i look at G and pet the screen and hum gackt songs and wish it was in japanese so i could hear him, but i didnt think you wanted to hear that

Hmm, well it isn't like Zack just popped up at the beginning of FFVII and had no history. For me it all makes sense, but to each their own understanding.

And Nikkiolie, I saw what you are confused about, and I'd clear things up but Kahlan already pm'd you so I'll leave it to her. But yeah, without spoiling anything, I'll just say that I found no loopholes in the story. Basically, characters have to exist before the story begins, so it is granted that everyone will have a history, it is just that FFVII didn't go into as much detail about the backstory and that is the point of Crisis Core. Everything still syncs up, it is just revealing details that weren't brought to light because they weren't crucial to the plot of FFVII (the game, not the universe).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 05:38:11 pm »
Yeah she helped but I still had some question ;D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 08:00:45 pm »
did show Genesis in another final fantasy game *cough* Dirge of Cerberus *cough*

yeah i saw on youtube cuz i was not waiting for kendo boyfriend to get everything for that ending

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 08:15:22 pm »
I didn't even understand it at first. I thought it was someone else XD

ten guesses who :P

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 12:13:53 pm »
Hey Nikkiolie - I have the guide if you'd like to borrow it.
I bought it for the poster in the back of Zack ^_^

As far as Genesis goes - I didn't like him, but I didn't hate him. He felt like a bad OC character from some crack fanfiction, especially with his obsession of Loveless and the ability to keep coming back from death.  But apart from that I really enjoyed Crisis Core, much better then Drige. I gained a new found respect for Aeris and love for Zack.

The only complaint I really had to it was that I wish they would have made use of the FF7 characters that we already knew about instead of adding Hollander and Lazard and the rest of the out-of-no-where cast. That's not to say that I didn't find them interesting, I just felt it could have tied a lot more smoothly into Seven had they decided to flesh out instead of expand the cast.

And I agree with Eve (Long time no see by the way!), Crisis Core really did let everything sync up in the end - at least within the main cast of Cloud and such. I felt it also gave great symbolism to the Buster Sword that even carried through to AC. Beautifully done.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:17:04 pm by Ryanne_monday »
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »
it did kind of seem like they were forcing a few things, but it still worked out in the end. Parts of the game I felt like there was no way they were thinking that these events happened while they were making ff7 but I still like it XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:04:21 pm »
I do really like the point Ryanne made (Hello again!) about them creating new characters instead of elaborating on characters who were already in FFVII. This opens up a whole world of discussion that I have been throwing around forever though. I WANT BACKSTORY/ELABORATION ON EVERY FFVII CHARACTER! lol I love Crisis Core, I think it is perfect as it is, even with the additional characters. It all makes sense just fine. However, I plain and simply want to see more of the characters we have come to know and love from FFVII. This is why Advent Children was amazing, it is why Dirge of Cerberus pleased me so much, it is why Crisis Core was awesome (at least we got to see Zack, Aeris, Yuffie, Cloud, and Sephiroth years before). Basically, I want to see Barret's history, I want to see more of Red XIII (who got the total shaft when it came to involvement in spin-off games (only in the final scene of DoC, come on!)). But yeah, Crisis Core is fantastic, but I simply want more elaboration on other characters.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:38:47 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:49 pm »
I do really like the point Ryanne made (Hello again!) about them creating new characters instead of elaborating on characters who were already in FFVII. This opens up a whole world of discussion that I have been throwing around forever though. I WANT BACKSTORY/ELABORATION ON EVERY FFVII CHARACTER! lol I love Crisis Core, I think it is perfect as it is, even with the additional characters. It all makes sense just fine. However, I plain and simply want to see more of the characters we have come to know and love from FFVII. This is why Advent Children was amazing, it is why Dirge of Cerberus pleased me so much, it is why Crisis Core was awesome (at least we got to see Zack, Aeris, Cloud, and Sephiroth years before). Basically, I want to see Barret's history, I want to see more of Red XIII (who got the total shaft when it came to involvement in spin-off games (only in the final scene of DoC, come on!). But yeah, Crisis Core is fantastic, but I simply want more elaboration on other characters.

i completely agree ^.^ i also want that for other ff games. the characters and stories are always sooo rich and have so many endless possibilities, i wish they would elaborate and make other games... but that is just a dream, it probably won't happen... lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 09:39:29 pm »
Final Fantasy VIII spin-off perhaps? How about IX? MOAR!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 09:59:37 pm »
I wouldn't mind more info on other characters ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »
So, if they were to release a completed version of Loveless, in a book, would anyone actually want it? I love Crisis Core, and Genesis is cool, but to be honest...the fragments of Loveless that we got beat over the head with in Crisis Core really don't make much sense to me. I love poetry and classical literature and all, but I couldn't follow it all that well.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »
I wouldn't want it :P

I don't like poetry and classical literature XD

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 08:52:08 pm »
i'd want it ^.^ but then i want most things that are ff related... lol. i think if they released a full version of loveless, it might make more sense, because then we'd get the entire story, instead of just the fragments. it seemed like it would be interesting as a complete story. though i wonder if they'd make it complete or leave out the last act like in the game >.>

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:53:24 pm »
I would want it if it was the official FF version with Genesis on the cover or something related to crisis core XD

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 12:00:12 am »
XD I'd want it. It'd be interesting to get the story, even though I'm not fond of poetry myself. ALSO. 8D I started playing the game again after a hiatus. XD Damn Angeal. But...I'm like...Hm. ..Well, found out about Jenova, blahblahblah. Tifa's in the picture[WHO DECIDED HER OUTFIT?!] , Cloud's passed out, and I have no idea where I'm going.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:02 am »
Tifa's outfit is the same one she wore in the flashback in the original game, Final Fantasy VII. She's a cowgirl tour guide, what can I say.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:49:54 am »
its alright.....I'm not a big fan of the outfit, I must say that I like her ac outfit the best.

I have been playing Star Ocean: The First Departure for the psp and it is pretty good. I like that game because you can control any of the characters and I usually control my favorite and for once that is a magic user/healer XD

Once I beat it (and I am close to doing that) I will get the second one ;D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 04:37:33 pm »
XD been playing for a while again. Nikkiolie: I agree, the AC outfits just pwn in general. >< Although, I do like Aerith's dress in CC.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 05:28:49 pm »
Yeah it is a goof way to relax for me. I'll play a little again tonight but I should do some homework.

I actually like all the CC outfits but Tifa's :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15:21 pm »
Well, Tifa's barely counts. She has like, a five minute cameo, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 09:15:50 am »
true. But I love all the other outfits ;D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2009, 12:25:32 pm »
Hm. I think I may like Aerith's Crisis Core outfit more than her Advent Children/FF 7/ect. outfit. :/ Damn. Someone totally ruined it for me, so I know what happens and all, but I'm starting to like her! SHE'S AN AWESOME CHARACTER.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2009, 01:52:24 pm »
Well of course she is! Aeris is, like, super awesome and a totally lovable, loving character. You could already tell that she had a heart bigger than anyone in the original game, but it is made even more noticeable in Crisis Core.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 02:06:20 pm »
I didn't like her too much in 7 and she was flat out annoying in AC but I did like her in CC. In AC she just wouldn't die x.x

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 02:16:39 pm »
You're talking about Aeris, correct? Aeris was annoying in Advent Children? She wouldn't die?

You guys are weird.  ::)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 06:27:54 pm »
XD I had no idea who was she, because the first FF thing I ever did was watch AC. I kind of looked her up and was uneasy. XD I mean, I'm not too keen on the peace, loving, ect characters. o.o But, I really like Aerith. ...Hm. The sad thing is, this will be the first game I have ever finished. [/never finishes anything]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:24 pm »
Hmm, well, whatever anyone feels about Aeris is immaterial. It is what she signifies to Cloud that is important. He loved her and her death is what tore him up and made Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children a necessity.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:24 pm »
yeah that is true I guess

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:30 pm »
Yeah, definitely.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 11:29:02 am »
So, how's the progress coming on the game, Syd?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:21 am »
I should play a little more today ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:31 pm »
I actually want to meet someone who can/has beat Minerva, lol. I need a hero to look up to!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »
yeah that would be pretty sweet XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 08:37:22 pm »
So as of now, wherever you all are at in your games, what is an item or two that you have come across that you would say is a must-have? I'd say Costly Punch materia, or any of the Genji Armour. You gotta love limit breaking stuff.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »
Sadly.....I don't have those....yet. As of now I like my atk++ that gives +46 attack ;D

and the safety bit cuz I don't like dying XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 10:03:15 pm »
Oooh yeah, you think Safety Bit is nice, just wait until you get Super Ribbon. Nullifies all statuses, including death! That is definitely a must-have for me.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 11:49:21 pm »
that would be nice too....I haven't gotten too far in it though (with the missions at least)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2009, 04:53:21 am »
Yeah, all these super items are further into the missions, in the last few chapters/ranks/etc. But definitely worth it.

Oh, by the way, have you gotten hold of a strategy guide yet, Nichole?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2009, 09:52:35 am »
yeah I got it from Devin. I haven't had too much time to play just yet. I need to level before I do more missions.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:50 pm »
i know no one has posted in this thread for a while... but i just got my crisis core figures in the mail today and had to post ^.^ they're super awesome! zack, aeris, and cloud. now, to find somewhere to put them >.> lol

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:45 pm »
you should take pictures and post it here. I want to see it ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »
Yay! New figures! Zack! Different, younger Cloud! ^_^

I wants Angeal!

And Genesis!

And Sephiroth!

They would pose together.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
I want to see these figures. I may have to get some for myself. Do you know where she got them?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »
I'm sure she will have her pics up tonight or tomorrow, but she buys all of her figures from this store: Kid Nemo.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 10:38:57 pm »
Why thank you. I may have to get some from there ;D

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 11:03:26 pm »
i need to take pics of my collection ^.^ cause there are quite a few in it... lol

i get my figures from different places, but yeah, kid nemo has quite a few, and they usually have new ones for pre-order at pretty good prices. i'll probably pre-order the dissidia ones from there, if they have the complete set at some point... i may just have to order the one set and the extra figure separate... but anyway... haha

and yes, i want angeal and genesis too... that would be amazing ^.^

i also want them to do the rest of the original ffvii characters that they haven't done yet... barret and cid. and a mog. cause that would just be awesome >.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2009, 06:16:06 am »
Yeah, I would like them to release the rest of the AC figures, I want AC Barret (for obvious reasons).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2009, 07:09:53 am »
It would be nice if they did release all of the characters instead of just some of them x.x

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 10:21:38 am »
Ack, I really need to get around to beating this one...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:21 am »
How far along in the game are you?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27:56 am »
Not very far actually, just past the part where you fight through Angeal's hometown Banora and then the village is destroyed by Shinra. I think I'll start playing it again tonight when I get home from work!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:58 am »
I need to beat all the missions. But some good news is that I plan on cosplay CC Cloud for Sakuracon ;D

wow you aren't that far >_>

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2009, 11:33:08 am »
Eee, I hope I see you in your Cloud at the con nikkiolie!

Yeah, it isn't, huh? I think it's because I spent a lot of time trying to train in missions, but the weird slot-level system in the game DOES NOT WORK for players like me who gather up experience to level up.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2009, 11:50:52 am »
It does work the same way, you have to gain a certain experience points before you CAN level up its just random how it is done after that. Like say you need 5 exp to grow to level 1 and 15 to get to level 2 you have 20 so you might grow two level in one fight.

And Advent Children Cloud will be at Kumoricon but CC will be at Sakuracon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:51:15 am by nikkiolie »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2009, 12:06:27 pm »
Yes, I understand that but my luck is so terrible it feels like I have to fight a million battles before the slots let me level up! Urk...

And darn, I won't be going to Sakuracon (I think) so I won't be able to see your CC Cloud. You'll be taking a lot of pictures, I hope?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009, 12:24:44 pm »
Oh yeah I will, and if it looks good then I may even wear it to Kumoricon 2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2009, 02:26:11 am »
Yes, I understand that but my luck is so terrible it feels like I have to fight a million battles before the slots let me level up! Urk...

And darn, I won't be going to Sakuracon (I think) so I won't be able to see your CC Cloud. You'll be taking a lot of pictures, I hope?

That can be rough. Your leveling up also depends a lot on Zack's mood. The higher his emotions (Sky High, etc.), the more frequently good things (leveling up included) will register in the slots. So, if you fight well, don't take a lot of damage, react quickly - things like that - then you should be leveling up more quickly.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2009, 01:34:13 pm »
I love this game....i wanna cosplay Cloud though...."I AM ZACKS LIVING LEGACY...WOOHOO!

The sad ending was so epic...Especially for me...Because...I had no idea i had unlimited life for the last battle...i kept on curing and crushing the SHINRA army as long as i could....i never died...had to pause it and recharge the PSP...It trully was a EPIC BATTLE