Author Topic: RightStuf Funimation Sale  (Read 4299 times)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
RightStuf Funimation Sale
« on: January 09, 2009, 07:35:48 am »
I just thought to post this here as maybe not everyone gets this in their mail. Looks like good prices to me. I wonder if I can somehow get my wife to let me borrow some money. http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/ I was thinking to post to the sale page, but there are 8 pages of sale stuff. So I just posted the main Right Stuf page.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: RightStuf Funimation Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:40 am »
Right Stuf has been one of my primary sources of anime over the last several years. I usually buy during their "studio sales", when stuff is 33-40% off MSRP. They do rotating sales every 6-12 months for all the major anime publishers, and most of the smaller ones. The 10% discount in their "Got Anime" membership program applies additionally beyond the sale discount, so it's like a total of 40-46% off MSRP.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:59:47 pm »
Right Stuf has been one of my primary sources of anime over the last several years. I usually buy during their "studio sales", when stuff is 33-40% off MSRP. They do rotating sales every 6-12 months for all the major anime publishers, and most of the smaller ones. The 10% discount in their "Got Anime" membership program applies additionally beyond the sale discount, so it's like a total of 40-46% off MSRP.

it's also awesome when they do their buy 10 for $50 or i think 25 for $100 sales every once in a while. great way to check out new anime for cheaper. plus, shipping is free on orders of $50 or more ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:51:11 am »
0_0 I'm going to go shopping now. with whatever money I have I guess. This sale looks awesome. I've heard of right stuf but I've never actually shopped there. it seems now is the time.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:35:39 am »
Oh yeah, pretty much the best online presence of anime and anime-related items. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 05:29:24 pm »
Sweet. Thanks for posting this. I might have to buy something :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:06:53 pm »
I think it's awesome that they have Claymore, but as a rule I try not to buy single volumes of anime anymore. I only like to get box sets. Still, good to know the show is available.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:37 pm »
I think it's awesome that they have Claymore, but as a rule I try not to buy single volumes of anime anymore. I only like to get box sets. Still, good to know the show is available.

ditto, can't wait for the set ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 04:41:13 pm »
I've noticed more series are going straight to some form of box set recently.  I was in Suncoast the other day and noticed box sets for Ouran and Lucky Star.  (Not complete box sets but still...)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »
Got to agree with this..I to am not a fan of single discs either.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »
I didn't really become conscious of my preference until recently. I used to buy single volumes but I started to realize it was kind of pointless. As according to my obsessive nature, I always like to have things compact and boxed up together, so always having single volumes of anime started to just nag at me, heh. So yeah, box sets are nice now.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:09 pm »
I agree. There is no point in buying single volumes. In the box sets you tend to get so much more ;D

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 07:54:53 am »

ditto, can't wait for the set ^.^
I feel the same way about darker than black
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.