Yes.
31 (70.5%)
No.
1 (2.3%)
I dunno. Possibly.
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 26, 2005, 09:28:50 pm

Author Topic: Jeopardy- Anime style?  (Read 13737 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« on: February 26, 2005, 09:28:50 pm »
I was just thinking that would be awsome. We wouldn't win money or anything, but like... 'Otaku Points' and who ever got the most points in the age groups got a plaque or something. (We would put in your name and send it to you about a week or so later.)
I dunno I just thought it would be really fun to play a game like that.
I would be like, Alex. Aha. Only awsome-er.
And We would have a bunch of rounds, with age groups or something. -dances- I'm starting to think it's a brilliant idea.
But... What to do about buzzers? We played this Marine Science game like this in 6th grade, but I dunno where they got the buzzers. -pause- If you have any ideas about that please tell me.
Tell me what you think about that total idea of this. :3 Thank you.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 01:25:28 am »
why not

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 10:14:12 am »
and instead of the jeopardy music, make an anime version of it XD like a meowing version... i can supply a person meowing it in a recording ^^;;;; cat boy too
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 11:35:38 am »
:D
I think it'll be an awsome game to play.
Oh. :) We could have like, anime olympics. >D

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 11:39:42 pm »
Coming from a jeopardy addict.....I think this would be most sweet....But I agree on dividing it up some how....either by age, anime genere, or difficulity....would this include manga, or strictly anime series and OVAs??? I think you have a great idea and should work something out with it....maybe bring it up at the next meeting. As far as buzzers go there are these but they are pretty $$$$ http://www.svbz.com/catalog.html   but to be honest I've seen the USB ones go for as much as $400.... in fact most the ones i'm seeing cost about that much.... :?
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 08:08:09 am »
o-o; woah.
Yes, I don't want to spend that much of them... I'll snoop around campus' until I find someoe who might know where some might be...
I think agr groups would be good.

Offline Zidane

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 01:42:48 pm »
i want to play
sounds pretty neat  :o
Virtue: "You dont need a reason to help people"
"Zidane! Making all the the homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream"

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 10:22:06 am »
That sounds like a lot of fun.  I might actually be able to answer questions, unlike the real Jeapoardy.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:23:12 am »
That sounds like a lot of fun.  I might actually be able to answer questions, unlike the real Jeapoardy.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 11:12:41 am »
Neko-chan I agree that it would be alot of fun to play and all but um... I don't think I personally could be very good, maybe I an be like an obsessed fangirl in the crowd or something.. hmmmmm this could be fun!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »
L.
O.
L.
This thread is a year old.

I can't find my Kcon 06 schedual, but I belive there was something like this on Monday on the con. I c an't really remember, all I can remember is really really REALLY Hot ramen. xD

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 06:17:36 pm »
did I ever mention that in HS I tried to form a team for High 5.   I even found a set of lights and buzzers in storage above the stage and rebuilt them but the princibel did not care as it was not football.  

Ask the science teacher at your HS if the school ever had such a team and if the buzers are still around  then get help from the teacher or your dad rebuilding them.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 11:14:53 pm »
Even if I didn't participate as a contestant I would do it just to hear people mess up their answer in a form of a question.  Hehehe.

No!  I love Jeopardy.  I'm suprised there wasn't an Anime Jeopardy to begin with.  But this would be fun!  Would the contestants get free pocky and ramune for their wins?
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 02:08:48 pm »
i don't think we need the age group seperation per say because of the fact that some 12 year olds watch more anime then some 23 year olds. if you made them fill out a few questions before that would but them into different areas of knowledge that would work... I watch jeopardy atleast twice a week and well i hate when they have the kids on that are my age and they ask them really easy questions, I rather be on the adult one and get pwned! maybe get the pocky club to sponsor this have them give away a little pocky and then who ever wins the final round of all the different lvls get to come back next year to challenge a new person!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 02:52:43 pm »
Yeah I think it sounds like a great idea. who ever is doing the looking for buzzers you could try borrowing them from your old high school. Most high schools have a science bowl, ocean bowl, brain bowl, etc...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 04:35:25 am »
i would be into making this happen, and if there isn't room elsewhere would make room in the creation station schedule for it, if there is enough zeal and someone willing to help facilitate it happening. it's a great idea!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:22 pm »
That sounds like a GREAT idea!

And if the "game show idea" is popular enough, maybe there could be other anime versions of other game shows? Say, Wheel of Fortune, for example? I'm so good at figuring out those puzzles... :P
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 09:07:57 pm »
so is someone really wanting to pursue this?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 10:28:00 pm »
Quote from: "Daxe"
Yeah I think it sounds like a great idea. who ever is doing the looking for buzzers you could try borrowing them from your old high school. Most high schools have a science bowl, ocean bowl, brain bowl, etc...

thats what I said 2 months ago but i'm like the white girl on Wonder bug and no one listens.

Wasent there a game show ep of Excell Saga that should be viewd as research for the anime gameshow
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 10:05:32 am »
my only concern would be for wjhat anime would the questions be form cuz theres just soo much you know i'd do well with some but i have no idea on some newer stuff, but then this is me when we were in the green room before skits an dsven sez what game is this from and it was the data dance from mega man legend i say so and yes superjaz enterd new levels of nerdness
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 01:53:50 am »
Quote from: "Aurora"
why not

I love your avatar! Yay for Prince of Tennis! Although...Is Eiji falling to the ground because of Inui juice, or is it something else?? Heh, awesome..

Heh, but my input on this idea..I think it'd be awesome....everyone'll go all out. People won't really care if there are prizes, they'll probably just do it for the glory of having more anime knowledge than anyone else. Hey, that sounds kinda fun.....*grins evilly*

-Seguchi
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 02:06:52 am »
for the buzzer thing, theres alwas stealing them from the various board games in your house. I think taboo has one.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 04:03:01 am »
mmm... I dont know if I would play it ^^;;;
But I would definetly watch.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 07:51:19 pm »
I could definantly play this, however, honestly, I think my skills would rather be used coming up with questions, if at all.

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 03:39:15 am »
Oh for Goodness sake, for the buzzer we could just get those little bells. Like the ones they have in hotel lobbys, you tap it with your paml. Theyre easy. OR what would be even cooler is getting those anime plushies. I know there is one of Pikatchu when you squeeze it, it squeels PIIIII-KAAAAAAA-TCHUUUUUUU!!! So three contestants, three dif sound making plushies with mics on them, whichever sound comes first, plays. Or, who ever jumps up freaking out and saying OH OTAKU MASTER I KNOW THE ANSWER!!

Instead of Alex, we could have Otaku Master. OOOH!!! AS a sezzy neko girl, I volunterr to hold up questions! I think it would be cool to hold up question cards, like big ones to people can read them, rather than having the Otaku Master repeat them over and over.

For certain points you can win pocky, or those little premade figurines that you just have to clip together. They're very cheap, yet cool.

My two cents. <3

~Ignore typos, it's 3:40 am, I haven't slept since yesterday~

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 08:48:08 am »
I would love to.  However, I can already guarantee that I wouldn't win; I'm not that big of an expert on anime.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Jeopardy- Anime style?
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 01:17:10 pm »
I would love to play the game.  As for the mewing catboys... if anyone does that ... I would love to have that for my website ^_^