Author Topic: Naruto On Cartoon Network  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Naruto On Cartoon Network
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:08:57 pm »
"Cartoon Network today announced several major acquisitions for their venerable Toonami action-animation block. Fan-favorite "Naruto" will join the block in the third quarter of 2005, while "One Piece" will move to Toonami in May. Toonami original IGPX will expand into a full series from Production IG. "The Batman" will see a Toonami airing beginning April 2, ShoPro acquisition "Zatch Bell" will start in March, and nosehair-fighting anime "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo" is coming in the fourth quarter." www.narutocentral.com

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 06:45:50 pm »
o yup, the anime's been licensed... I dunno what kind of effect that's gonna have on fansub releases, but it sure didn't stop the scanlators for the manga when it was licensed, so... *shrug*

Just letting people know who don't already.

"ShoPro Entertainment has announced its acquisition of North American television, home video and merchandising rights to the Naruto anime series from its parent company Shueisha Inc., and TV Tokyo Corporation. ShoPro Entertainment has functioned as a North American licensing intermediary company and has never actually distributed anime itself. The official press release states that ShoPro Entertainment will, "leverage... [Naruto]... into a broad licensing and marketing program. Naruto's television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly." However, ShoPro Entertainment recently announced its merger with affiliate company Viz, LLC. So while it is clear that the Naruto anime series has not been confirmed for American television broadcast yet, it's not clear yet if Viz will be distributing the series on home video or if home video rights will be sub-licensed to an as-yet-undetermined distributor."

The official press release is at: http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2005/02_naruto.php

(got that from a friend)
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 08:03:58 pm »
its only thr first 60 episodes that r licensed

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 10:01:49 pm »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"
its only thr first 60 episodes that r licensed

Where does it specify that?

And even if its true, it will not be like that for long.

Naruto is already bigger than DBZ was in Japan.

When Naruto hits stateside, it'll be equal to that of an Anime Apocalypse.

It'll be huge. Maybe TOO huge.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 06:12:10 am »
Quote from: "Dustin"
Naruto is already bigger than DBZ was in Japan.

I gotta agree with you there.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 09:13:03 am »
I only looked for a while but I couldn't  find any torrents, it looks like all groups have dropped the fansubs. I don't blame them Naruto is a huge title and shopro is  going to take the fansubbers very seriously on this one.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Daystar

• Secretary
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 10:55:38 am »
i only recently fell in love with this anime... and i must agree its alot cooler then DBZ, cuz it has serious mind games, and thinking involved...

oddly enough, ive also determined that the sub is going to suck... i love the voices of the series so much that changeing them would prolly be like, well i dont know what id be like, but it does seem to suck... my worst fear is that theyll either change the names, like with beyblades, or theyll all pronounce the names wrong... like sasuke pronounced Sa-su-ke, stead of sas-ke...

plus ive only seen to episode 50, and now its gunna kill since the fansubs are down you know...

just my opinion...
if they do a good job with the sub, ill be happy... though it may mean more naruto cosplayers this year
'04 Volunteer
'05 Assistant to the Operations Director
'06 Info Booth
'07 Panels Staff
'08 Panels Coordinator
'09 Panels Coordinator
'10 Assistant Programming Director
'11 Assistant Programming Director
'12 Assistant Programming Director

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 02:24:32 pm »
this is what I heard from the animecornerstore newsletter....

"ShoPro Entertainment, Inc., which recently announced its impending
merger with Viz, LLC, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors TV Tokyo Corporation and Shueisha Inc. the television, home video and merchandising rights to Naruto for North America and Latin America. According to the press release from ShoPro, 'Naruto's key licensing partners will be determined shortly.' Although it may appear quite possible that the newly combined ShoPro/Viz entity will keep home video rights for itself, no such
announcement has been made, so there is no word yet on an upcoming DVD release.

Shortly after this news hit the street, Cartoon Network announced at
their Upfront press conference that Naruto and One Piece will be airing on the network this year. One Piece starts in May, with Naruto following in the third quarter with the exact air date to be determined."

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 05:59:28 pm »
PLEASE SAY THEY GOT BETTER VOICE PEOPLE FOR THE CHARACTERS THEN FOXBOX (recentley named 4Kids or somthin like that)

uhh....yeah i feel better now

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 05:44:10 am »
PLEASE SAY THEY GOT BETTER VOICE PEOPLE FOR THE CHARACTERS THEN FOXBOX (recentley named 4Kids or somthin like that)

I shall look into the future... ... ... ... ...
I see... the voice actor who played Ken on Digimon being the voice of Naruto, the voice actress for Serana in Sailor Moon season 3 being Sakura, and the voice for Sasuke being the same as Ash from Pokemon.

*please don't kill me*

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 01:10:58 pm »
From what i remember those voices will work but the voice of ash in Sauske....*muffled laughter* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..hehehe sry im done now i hope they change there voice a bit and im talking for no apparent reason so um yeah

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 02:46:30 pm »
remember they are all 12/13

the voices will be off no matter what
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 03:22:04 pm »
true
but still i hope they accurate

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 08:08:49 am »
(speaks for amine lovers who survive off of what they can get from cable and cons) :shock:  me so happy
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:42 am »
*sigh*  Now I'll have to try and keep up on what's happening in the series some other way.  Maybe I'll start reading the scanlations.  That way I'll be current when I get to Japan, and I can just watch Golden Hour every week.

...Naruto is still playing in Golden Hour, isn't it?

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 12:29:58 am »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
*sigh*  Now I'll have to try and keep up on what's happening in the series some other way.  Maybe I'll start reading the scanlations.  That way I'll be current when I get to Japan, and I can just watch Golden Hour every week.

...Naruto is still playing in Golden Hour, isn't it?

Please define "Golden Hour" and I'll get back to you on that.
But I do know that, yes, the anime is still going on.

Offline BakazokuJoe

• Sailor Scout
    • http://bakazoku.net/
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 08:38:48 am »
It is not on Golden Hour anymore.  I think the new show is D-Grey Man or something.
What is your favorite?

Offline Khaln

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53:26 am »
What the heck is this golden hour/Dgrey man thing that you people are talking about? :?

I can't figure out if naruto being on toonami is good or bad. On the plus side I can now finaly see the anime, on the other side it will now be butchered and there are going to be a bunch of naruto posers at the anime cons.
"I bet your lymph nodes are as big as cats!"

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 09:46:10 am »
Just because something gets licesened does not mean it automatically gets screwed up. Believe it or not most companys have people working to make sure the NA release is as close to the japanese version as possible.

Sorry if that sounded mean, but a lot of people are too young to remember the dark days years ago when anime was not as mainstream as it is now, and voice actors were anybody they could get to not crack reading their lines.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 09:46:22 am »
hopfuly they'll do good by it, but consider my younger brother has never even sen naruto, now he will be able to
(edit seen not sen :shock: )

dmstudios3

Ash from Pokemon?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 09:55:18 am »
If anybody is to be voiced by Ash, out of the three (Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke), it would be Naruto.  Ken from Digimon would be Sasuke.

just my two cents

Offline BakazokuJoe

• Sailor Scout
    • http://bakazoku.net/
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 11:56:03 am »
The rule for dubbed anime is, don’t blame the actors, and blame the directors.  The direction is usually horrible.
As for the Naruto on Cartoon Network, it is heavily edited.  It will be on toonami and not on adult swim so the editing will be heavier than normal.  There is a rule that states that no one portrayed under the age of eighteen can be shown being hit or hitting.  There are a lot of cut aways from violence and added speech over still frames in its place.  The voice acting is done by the same team that worked on Inu Yasha.  The release is by the Viz video.  The voices are not what you will expect.
All in all I would give it a low rating but I’m sure that the people that have not seen it before might like it.  Just know that the DVD’s will have an uncut version available.  I received an advance copy on Saturday that’s how I know about all this.
What is your favorite?

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 12:59:56 pm »
You can bet that David Lucas will have some voice work in there somewhere.  That guy is in EVERYTHING.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 04:00:42 pm »
yea, some directors need to watch the anime more -_-;;;

and as for editing, america's standards of editing is in my opinion some of the cause of problems... we always want our youth to think the world is perfect and to always shelter them from any violence... tsk...
beware the ronime XD

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 06:08:58 pm »
and as for editing, america's standards of editing is in my opinion some of the cause of problems... we always want our youth to think the world is perfect and to always shelter them from any violence... tsk...

Example: One Piece

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 09:32:05 pm »
Quote from: "BakazokuJoe"

...As for the Naruto on Cartoon Network, it is heavily edited.  It will be on toonami and not on adult swim so the editing will be heavier than normal....  .

Think they will bring in an less edited version for adult swim sometime?
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 05:47:27 am »
There is a rule that states that no one portrayed under the age of eighteen can be shown being hit or hitting.

Sooooooooooo... is there any piece of a fight left?  That rule alone would eliminate the Haku vs. Naruto/Sasuke fight.  How are they going to go from "Hey, we're all healthy" to "Hey, we're all bleeding"?
(The reference is early in the series so it isn't much of a spoiler)

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 07:21:33 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
How are they going to go from "Hey, we're all healthy" to "Hey, we're all bleeding"?
(The reference is early in the series so it isn't much of a spoiler)

easy!  they will edit out all the blood, so there wont be any ^^;

they could prolly squeese the entire series into 5 episodes ^^;
beware the ronime XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 08:24:36 am »
considering that naruto is so popular (you'd think) they will be more careful when it comes to editing, so an untrained, hasn't seen naruto before eye can't tell the dif, like with tenchi, i saw that on toonami and a few parts the anime didn't look quite right that i didn't really put together till i saw unedited (bathing suits in bath house that were no longer there) and i don't think they were fooling any one with the "tea"

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 02:20:51 pm »
lol, i rememebr a day they forgot to show the edited version of the bath episode (Tenchi Muyo!), and i was shocked
beware the ronime XD

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2005, 05:32:29 pm »
I thought it was funny when they didn't show the hot springs episode for outlaw star.
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Tengu

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2005, 06:58:59 pm »
So they have from episode one up to 60 (Byakugan vs Shadow Replication! I Will Win!). My main question, what about Jiraia? He shows up in episode 53. Oh, and i'm pretty sure they'll put a bikini on the 'sexy no jutsu' and just call it 'swimsuit technique'.
~From your friendly neighborhood monk

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2005, 06:08:23 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
... and i don't think they were fooling any one with the "tea"

Yeah, what kind of person gets red-faced and tipsy on tea?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2005, 07:59:10 am »
There is a rule that states that no one portrayed under the age of eighteen can be shown being hit or hitting. quote]
this is the same channel (toonami program) that show'd yuyu hakusho, on which it show'd kuwabaro getting beatin up alot, my soc teach had us count the acts of violence in an hour of tv and i watched yuyu and megas , i counted like 166 or somthing

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2005, 10:27:15 am »
Just one of the many reasons that I usually wait to collect it all on DVD... Besides, I don't like being tied to the TV at all, worrying about missing a show or recording it. It's just not worth it when they air a completely butchered version anyways... and with how much they charge for cable, I was able to cancell it and get a couple of DVDs a month in its place :)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2005, 07:10:53 pm »
this is the same channel (toonami program) that show'd yuyu hakusho, on which it show'd kuwabaro getting beatin up alot, my soc teach had us count the acts of violence in an hour of tv and i watched yuyu and megas , i counted like 166 or somthing

uhh megas is basically random destruction

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2005, 01:37:42 am »
Quote from: "Negima"

I shall look into the future... ... ... ... ...
I see... the voice actor who played Ken on Digimon being the voice of Naruto, the voice actress for Serana in Sailor Moon season 3 being Sakura, and the voice for Sasuke being the same as Ash from Pokemon.

*please don't kill me*

Oh my F*$%*@g god.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:18 am »
the teach had us make our own guild lines for act of voilence i went with dillibrate act to cause harm to another person , over half was from yuyu it was a dark turdament episode

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2005, 07:16:17 pm »
yeah that destruction and killing and bloody.....*nine fox tails appear* ah crap  :lol: im going now