Author Topic: SakuraCon Rides and/or Rooming  (Read 2030 times)

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
SakuraCon Rides and/or Rooming
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »
I'm planning to drive up to SakuraCon, but so far, it's just me.  I've had someone express interest in riding along in exchange for a little gas money, but they live in Newberg - which is a bit out of the way for me.  So, since I haven't posted anything here on the KCon boards, I figured it was about time I did so.

So, details: I live out in Forest Grove, but would be heading through PDX (obviously) en route to SCon and could pick someone up on the way.  My car has space for probably one or two extra people, plus luggage, and gets decent gas mileage.  All I'd ask in exchange for giving someone a ride is a bit of cash to help cover gas expenses.

I also may need a room, and depending on your situation, maybe some sort of package deal would be possible (joint gas money/rooming payments from those sharing both)?  Just putting the idea out there.

About me: I'm a 23 year old male, non-smoker, and don't have any particular preferences as to types of roomies/ride sharers (if, in fact, that's even the correct term) other than they also be non-smokers, if possible.  As for room space, no more than 4-5 people total in said room would be nice.

Offline artamisalbrya

• Sailor Scout
Re: SakuraCon Rides and/or Rooming
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:32 pm »
Okay, I'm looking to go. I'm meeting a few people at the con and I need a way to get up there. Its good for you that I live in Aloha/Hillsboro and have access to the Trimet system. I can meet you any place where it would be convenient for you. Info, I'm 20 have small amount of stuff (Possibly one backback with everything I need for the con.) I'm a non-smoker and I can share with money/drive time. Only reason why I do not have my own car is the fact that I still have little amount of money and trying to go to school. V_V Anyways, hit me back and we will converse.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 07:37:41 am »
I also might be interested in a ride, but if it's taken that's okay I can just take Amtrak or something. I do have a room, which I was looking to get some more people in. Right now it's my sister (18) and I (22). We're both nonsmokers and really don't plan on staying in the room much. I've got a room reserved at the Sheraton and was kind of hoping to get 5 or 6 people in there to cut down on expense. If your interested pm me. 

Offline itachi689

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:04:56 pm »
yea i do need a ride im 18 and i could give u at least 180 for gas money depending on how much u need just pm me for the details
behold the power of geass