Author Topic: return of supersmash bros meelee?  (Read 19651 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
return of supersmash bros meelee?
« on: May 07, 2004, 06:39:23 am »
playing super smash at kumari was lots of fun and i noticed that i was a good way to draw people into playing, someone would wander in  to the game room looking lost, then a battle would finish and one of the players would hand them a controler say "here why don't you play a round?" and they'd be hooked, and mabe that double dash game would be good (i havent played it) another plus is both  of these are four player games that last a few minuts resulting in every one who wanted to play got a turn, iys funny every one playing thought i would pick pikachu to play as cuz i was dressed as him same as my brother he was dressed as link and always plays as ness (me kirby)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Lysanna

• Cabbit
    • Crappy DeviantArt
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:10:01 am »
A Smash Bros. Melee/Double Dash!! tourney or normal setup would be fun.

Ahh, Gamecube, love of my life.
Can't stop the desu.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 09:14:35 am »
Ah yes, SSBM.  The tournament for that at SakuraCon filled the console room completely.  Everyone one enjoyed it, even if they weren't playing, it was fun to just watch everyone fly off the screen a lot.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 09:23:34 pm »
Tournament or no, if there is SSBM playing at the con for god's sake could we PLEASE have one TV dedicated solely to Time match and one to Stock match?

I hate Stock with a passion - and I play Link, so it's not like it's because I'm at a disadvantage.  I'm just immensely tired of playing matches where everyone picks Samus and runs to the edge of the screen. ;P

Oh, and FYI Modab, our gaming room head, has a dream of having available 16-player simultaneous Mario Kart with 4 BBA-linked Gamecubes. I pray oh so hard that his dream comes to fruition. Whether I play or not, that would be so awesome to watch.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline modab

• Founder
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 11:20:26 pm »
Please yes, mario kart action! but this is going to take finding network links for gamecubes; if we can do this, the tournament can be done!
Peter Verrey, Founder

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 12:53:39 am »
I have access to plenty of BBA for the GC.  We'll definately have some 16 player Kart going on.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:15:01 am »
Now only if they could find some way of making Super Smash Bros. Melee 16 player deathmatches.
~Sean Larson~

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 01:17:46 am »
ack... gods.  I have a hard enough time playing that game with 4 people.  ;-P
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 03:42:51 am »
The randomness of my tournament settings seemed to appease all variety of the contestants, there was both timed and stock matched, items, no items, limited items, etc.  I follow that 90% of SSBM is based on the randomness, so therefore I loved it when the final match had tons of Mr. Saturns for people to throw around.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 05:40:14 am »
Dear lord, QEvil, that was the official TOURNAMENT with the hundreds of Mr. Saturns...?? I would've stuck around to watch that, but I had to be somewhere at the time.

I'm not sure your new policies allow this, but I have a BBA for you to use if you'd like. I'm assuming you won't need more actual Gamecubes.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 11:42:05 am »
Well, we'll have to figure that out with our gaming manager, I've told people not to let me get involved with any programming, that's what killed me last year was trying to do too much programming on top of the operations stuff.
~Sean Larson~

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 01:21:18 pm »
Quote from: "Radien"
Tournament or no, if there is SSBM playing at the con for god's sake could we PLEASE have one TV dedicated solely to Time match and one to Stock match?

yes yes!!!! thank you i feel the same way, i was just in a turdment at a game store and it was stock and i was beaten by a samus who was always at the ege of the friggin screen, stock bad, i hate it soo very much makes me want to do punchy noises (em em umf)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Vyse

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 11:28:41 pm »
Heh, just signed up for this forum and already preregistered.  So there are console tournaments at cons eh?  This'll be my first con.  I'm looking forward to facing all of you at SSBM.  My nickname will be Kakashi because I am going as Kakashi sensei from Naruto.  If anybody wants to meet up at Kumoricon, just look for Kakashi sensei.

**  I use Zelda/Shiek.  Do you have to sign up for the tournaments or any of the other contests in advance?  And how many SSBM tournaments are there at Kumoricon and when are they usually?  I'm gonna get so lost there   will a lot of stuff to do.  Hopefully there is a PA.

Offline Mapoosa

• Oni
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 10:27:03 pm »
Smash!  What a fantastic idea.  I won't be competetive, but I'll definately play!

*turns on GC to practice*

DMStudios

SSB:M
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2004, 12:28:47 am »
Yes!  More people that like this game!  I live in Pleasant Hill, which is like, 15-20 minutes away from Springfield/Eugene, so if you want some practice before the con, just say so!  I check back here every so often!

Hopefully, I'll beat you at the con!  oops, I mean see you at the con! :D

Offline Xella

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Crazy Shirt Lady
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 08:40:13 am »
It's too bad we're not doing the original SSB... I so own with Link there X) (ditto Pikachu, but only because I was so cheap while playing it ^^;).  Meanwhile, I can't play Melee for beans because of the shape of the Gamecube controller o_o; What a lame reason, but it's true ._.;

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 10:26:49 am »
Ill NEVER forget the super smash bros melee at sakura-con.  everyone was chanting and we had the hallway flooded watching, and the final winner was down to saturn and pikachu.  saturn won by HALF A SECOND!  both leaped into the air, both performed their final attack and flew out to the edge of the screen form the impact.  only a matter of a few pixels won saturn the match.  it was AWSOME! (tho it was totally funny that everyone was chanting for pikachu)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Vyse

Team SSBM
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2004, 11:30:33 pm »
Team Super Smash Brothers Tournament all the way.  2 vs 2.
(posted this in wrong section before, heh heh)

Kakashi

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 11:24:04 am »
hey did anybody  fight a person called dead?
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 04:52:20 pm »
I would have killed to enter the tournament, but I didn't. Oh well, I'm getting better so I'll enter next time. n_n

I played lots of miscellanious games of SSBM on all three days, when I wasn't playing SCII. If you played against me, I was named IJIT and I was usually Ness, Pikachu, or Ganon.

If you saw me around, I was in the Taichi costume (white goggles, blue headband, blue shirt with gold stars).

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 11:22:09 am »
cool i played agaisnt you i probally lost oh well it was weird thought  during that tourney ppl chanted me on hmmmmm
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 12:17:20 am »
The SSBM tournament at Kumoricon 2004 was pretty sweet.  I managed to pull of two first place victories with Falco, then I got beat down on Rainbow Cruise taking third place in the match.

The tournament at Sakuracon 2005 was sweet.  They had the project and the big white board screen thing (I don't know what they are called, but it was a big picture).  We should get one of those for the tournaments along with the projector.

Also, it'd be cool if there was one regular Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament, and then one Team Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament like the day after.  2 v 2.  That would be wicked, and it wouldn't get boring, it'd actually liven things up more than they already would be.

Heavensclone

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 12:17:51 am »
*Forgot to put my name Heavensclone on the post...again