Author Topic: Battle Con Kumori: 2055  (Read 18852 times)

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Battle Con Kumori: 2055
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 03:32:39 pm »
i think they can just have half assed back rounds muhahahah ill get to it when i remember lol
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 08:31:23 pm »
OK Here's my new installment-----

Though Jewlius now leads the squad in their war against Pocky Club, Ghuddha and Derek Hobbes Jr. (thought to be an alias, usually goes by Dee or DH) were the founders of Goggle Squad Xenon. Despite his youthful appearance, Ghuddha was actually a friend of Dee's father and served as a mentor to DH ever since he joined the convention Yojimbo. DH's Dad didn't abandon his only son though, he had just taught him all he knew.

Long ago Dee's father and Ghudda worked together in the yojimbo. They were partners and broke up their share of room party's and under-age hentai parlours. However, as the graft and corruption of the Con grew, they began to butt heads over tactics. Always a bit more brutal, DH Senior began to adopt a "boot first ask questions later" attitude to his job. Ghudda warned that this would get them into trouble and believed that the only way to fix the system was working with it. They slowly grew apart as they worked towards the same goal, until one fateful day when one of D Senior's bombs (on what he thought was a pimp's limo, delivering catgirl hookers to a group of corrupt staff) ended up sending pieces of Brad Demoss across the bottom four stories of the hotel. Ghudda watched sadly as they confiscated D Senior's sash and blacklisted him forever. In the years that followed Ghudda struggled as the Yojimbo slowly became more and more corrupt and his ability to uphold the tradition of truth and honor became waned.

DH Senior on the other hand left town and hit what remained of the con circuit. He hooked up with a linux grrl in Vegas and the two of them settled down at a little gaming convention/gun show in Omaha. It was there he raised his son under his assumed name and taught him everything he knew about anime, manga, and blowing the crap out of things. When DH Jr. shot a football helmet into the engine of a low flying plane at age 8, his father knew that his son was truly gifted. After a couple nights on the road being chased by the FAA and the DHD, he knew that he couldn't let that gift go to waste.

As soon as they made it to a safe house in an off-season SCA Lodge somewhere outside Fargo, DH Senior began teaching his boy the ways of the Yojimbo. How not to just be a fan and party, but also tempr that fandom with something DH now realized he had lacked, wisdom. Two years later, his bags packed and a worn picture of his dad's old partner in his pocket, Dee got on a bus headed west and made his way back to his roots.

When Ghudda saw Dee walk onto hotel property, he thought his mind was playing tricks on him. When Dee recognized Ghudda from the photo, he thought he'd met the other man's son. Ghudda provided Dee with a room inexchange for news about his father, Dee filled him in on the where's and hows of his upbringing. Ghudda was proud that after all these years DH Senior had gotten the message he'd been preaching all along. Ghudda felt a little sad that his friend had to go so far away, but Dee rekindled his spirit of hope.

The night after Derek became a Yojimbo and was given his sash, Ghudda pulled out an old DVD from his collection. Over a couple of Ramune/sake coctails, Ghudda took Dee through some of his fondest memories of the con's early days. DH Senior and a catgirl, Ghudda getting punched by Chun Li, the two of them chasing down Narut character with a stolen plushie. Ghudda stopped in silence as a group shot was projected in the air before them. It was a group of yojimbos, all young and full of life. Ghudda didn't even have any facial hair yet (though his overgrown fuzz was still not thick enough to keep them from carding him at the store). DH stared at the screen and wondered who all these others were and asked to hear the story of them and why his father had never talked about any other friends from "back home". Ghudda shared the sad tale of their first yojimbo team, formed so long ago that it even took a memory as long as Ghuddas' awhile to reach that memory.

When his tale was done DH sat and thought for awhile. He thought about what had happened and what his dad had taught him. He thought about how much wrong there was in the world. He thought about how all the people that caused it needed a set of plastique sneakers.

Turning to Ghudda he tossed his drink to the floor and said "We need to start a new squad." Ghudda stood and beamed back at him.

"I agree." Moving to cabinet he pulled out a box that was worn with time and care. Opening it he pulled out a pair of high tech yellow goggles and handed them to Dee. Puting on a pair of his own. He looked proudly at Dee "So, Goggle Squad Beta?"

"No, Goggle Squad Xenon." Dee lit a cigarette and grinned. "The X makes it sound cool."
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2005, 08:40:23 pm »
:D Sugoi!
n_n It's so awsommeee!

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2005, 09:10:41 pm »
niiiiiice  8). BTW Ghudda lives so long because of a disease his own body spawned long ago, Livabetes. This blessing is offset by his bodies curse of spawning it's own exremely debilitatiing and highly communicable disease, the Plag. This disease does not kill but incapacitates it's victims for days, sometimes even months if it is a particularly nasty mutation. Ghudda has no control over it's spread so if it is being released and you are around you will get... the plag.

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2005, 11:34:30 pm »
Did you steal that last line from something, or are you just brilliant like that?
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2005, 08:18:24 am »
well he is brillant and yeah pretty tom pretty

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2005, 03:02:30 pm »
I cannot claim credit for "the X makes it sound cool." I got it from Futurama, which actually was making a parody of a Chinatown quote (by Jack Nicholson).

Somebody "You can't do that! It's blackmail!"
Bender lights a cigar "Blackmail is such an ugly word, I prefer Extortion. The X makes it sound cool."
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2005, 03:29:45 pm »
Interesting what you have so far.  do you have a complete character list btw?  and what kind of story?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Ghudda

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2005, 05:31:10 pm »
I have been summoned,
hmmm, I missed a lot apparently.

Nice story, portrays me quite accurately.
Hello Kumoricon.  Does your congoer look like me? no, Can he smell like he's me? yes.  Can I offer you some Old Spice body spray?  no, I didn't mean that as an insult, I just respect the air more than you.

The Last of the Goggle Squad

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2005, 07:15:34 pm »
Quote from: "Ghudda"
Nice story, portrays me quite accurately.

:shock:
*gasp*

It's HIM!

I'm glad you like it, I like your pic by the way, nicely old school (and proving the theories).

Negima> The story is roughly plotted out in my head, it's only going to be one tale of the Squad's exploits, not the ultimate battle. I want to leave room for that. Unlike some hollywood filmakers *cough cough Schumaker cough* I know better than defeat the big bad villain in the sfirst story.

So far I've written up bios for
Jewlius Tojiro
Gilbert "Waffles" Kincaid
Derik Hobbes (AKA DH)
Ghudda
(Making Mushoku the last one, Ill come up with his style last but feel free to make suggestions while I work on more of the bad guys)

In Pocky Club I've written up descriptions for only two of the Pocky club Shih, a quartet of assassins a dangerous as they are beautiful.

Akumu Yuri (The Nightmare Lily)
Kitakaze Kaitouneko (Cat Thief of the North Wind)
(If someone can translate the following phrases that will help immensely on the final two members. "Tiger with a Child's Face" and
"Heart of Devil, Heart of an Angel, Heart of Stone")

Finally Dr. Negu and the lost cosplayers known as the Survival Horror Society have been mentioned.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2005, 07:50:32 pm »
Awsome Tom, I couldn't believe how its portraid Ghudda, Awsome!
I think its one of the best! :lol:
Poor DH Sr. Getting removed for his ways........  :(

SO DHJr lookes like DH sr? that is way awsome :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2005, 08:01:56 pm »
DH does have a family resemblance to his father but he's a tiny bit more wiry and his jawline is sharper. He's also got his mother's legs (not that anyone who'd know has ever told him something so embarrassing).
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2005, 08:02:21 pm »
what are some of the ones you have planned?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2005, 08:04:54 pm »
yeah very very good also yeh make sure mushoku char has a cool car  cause he is a driver lol!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2005, 08:10:58 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
what are some of the ones you have planned?

Most of the others I'm going to introduce over the course of the story itself, just like Dr. Negu will have another introduction. I'll probably feature some staff members and a few people I know. I'm definitely going to write up more on some of the future staff members, Vallie the White (the convention ghost), and Boss Tomu. The rest are suprises. Hee hee.

There's been a request for two characters to be included and they will be in there. I'm just not going to write intro pieces about them.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2005, 10:05:15 pm »
Who are the requested characters?!?!?!?!!?! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2005, 11:30:48 am »
Hermisia and the "girl in the TV"
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2005, 11:42:41 am »
... Samara?
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2005, 02:36:34 pm »
awesome!!! samara make is the ****!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2005, 04:58:25 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Hermisia and the "girl in the TV"

OH OH, I just thought of an idea for where the girl in the TV (Samara if that's right) came from.  That is unless you already have an intro idea for her.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2005, 09:59:07 pm »
No no no, not Samara! saasy_lassy is the girl in the TV....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/BlueRaine/2055.jpg

She made this drawing back on page 1 and has strongly requested being present in the story. I have a very specific place for her as well but it will probablybe awhile until you guys see it.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2005, 12:41:09 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
No no no, not Samara! saasy_lassy is the girl in the TV....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/BlueRaine/2055.jpg

She made this drawing back on page 1 and has strongly requested being present in the story. I have a very specific place for her as well but it will probablybe awhile until you guys see it.

Whoops, forgot about that. ^^;;

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2005, 12:54:18 pm »
Negima, I don't know what your icon is, but everytime I see it, it makes me think of Hakkai as a catboy and that fills me with joy. <3 <3 <3
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2005, 12:59:16 pm »
Quote from: "Hermisia_kitty"
Negima, I don't know what your icon is, but everytime I see it, it makes me think of Hakkai as a catboy and that fills me with joy. <3 <3 <3

It's Negima from Mahou Negima Sensei.
-goes back to lurking-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2005, 03:52:35 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"

-goes back to lurking-

Aww, thanks.  ^_^
It's from a cover that hasn't come to the US yet (#10).  Though I've been kinda thinking about changing it to one of the other covers for awhile.
There's this (#11): http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/4063635651.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Or maybe this (#3): http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/406363311X.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

(Sorry, a bit off topic, I know ~_~;; )

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2005, 03:56:29 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

-goes back to lurking-

Aww, thanks.  ^_^
It's from a cover that hasn't come to the US yet (#10).  Though I've been kinda thinking about changing it to one of the other covers for awhile.
There's this (#11): http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/4063635651.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Or maybe this (#3): http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/406363311X.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

(Sorry, a bit off topic, I know ~_~;; )

I've been thinking about getting the anime when it comes out (Or is it already? I'm so disconnected.) beacuse I've heard it was... tamer than the manga. What do you think, Negima-sensei? (Haha, sorry I call you that... I think it sounds better than 'san'.) Oh, and do you have plans for the Harry Potter Movie? Beacuse the Pocky Club location has moved to Eugene.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2005, 04:16:40 pm »
I've been thinking about getting the anime when it comes out (Or is it already? I'm so disconnected.) beacuse I've heard it was... tamer than the manga. What do you think, Negima-sensei? (Haha, sorry I call you that... I think it sounds better than 'san'.) Oh, and do you have plans for the Harry Potter Movie? Beacuse the Pocky Club location has moved to Eugene.

I don't mind the nickname.  I have several already so one more isn't going to bother me.  (note: nicknames must be polite, nothing along the line of "hey, bonehead" ^^)

Anyway, the anime... it's out in Japan at least.  I haven't seen it yet but I know a place where I can borrow a copy.  If you want I can rent it sometime and give you a review somehow.  (please let it be better than Love Hina ><)

And relating to the Harry Potter movie and Pocky club, a reply has been made in the other thread Tom created.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2005, 04:22:03 pm »

I don't mind the nickname.  I have several already so one more isn't going to bother me.  (note: nicknames must be polite, nothing along the line of "hey, bonehead" ^^)

Anyway, the anime... it's out in Japan at least.  I haven't seen it yet but I know a place where I can borrow a copy.  If you want I can rent it sometime and give you a review somehow.  (please let it be better than Love Hina ><)

And relating to the Harry Potter movie and Pocky club, a reply has been made in the other thread Tom created.

Hehe, mkay. I acctauly really liked Love Hina. D: Buuuttt mommy threw it away so whenever I go to Borders I always sit behind a shelf (So I'm not blocking anyone... I hate people who sit infront of the manga. AND THEN DON'T BUY IT! GRRR!) and read it. Hehe, that'd be nice. n_n Thanks.

:DDD Yay! I'm all excited now. I never get to se anyone outside the convention other than in Pocky Club meetings.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2005, 04:26:48 pm »
Hehe, mkay. I acctauly really liked Love Hina. D: Buuuttt mommy threw it away so whenever I go to Borders I always sit behind a shelf (So I'm not blocking anyone... I hate people who sit infront of the manga. AND THEN DON'T BUY IT! GRRR!) and read it. Hehe, that'd be nice. n_n Thanks.

Oh, I was referring to the Love Hina anime; the manga I love above all else.  The anime just seemed too different.  I think Piro (the real one) from Megatokyo best described it as "It felt like I was forcing myself to like it."  :?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2005, 04:37:26 pm »

Oh, I was referring to the Love Hina anime; the manga I love above all else.  The anime just seemed too different.  I think Piro (the real one) from Megatokyo best described it as "It felt like I was forcing myself to like it."  :?

I feel like such an idiot... what is MegaTokyo about? D: I've heard about it... and I saw it in the store... DX WHATISIT?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2005, 09:36:29 am »
I feel like such an idiot... what is MegaTokyo about? D: I've heard about it... and I saw it in the store... DX WHATISIT?

www.megatokyo.com
It's an internet comic drawn by a guy named Fred (who lives in America).  The two male characters, Piro and Largo, are stuck in Japan after traveling there for various reasons.  Now they're trying to survive in Tokyo with the help of Kimiko, an aspiring voice-actress; Erika, the hearthrop; and Ping, an andriod girl.  There are various other cast members such as Dom and Ed, part of the Sega OPS sector; Yuki, a girl in love with Piro who wants drawing lessons from him, and Miho who... ... we're still trying to figure her out.  :?
Anyway, it's a good comic.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's pretty fun.  (Warning: the forum over there is vicious!!)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2005, 11:18:27 am »

www.megatokyo.com
It's an internet comic drawn by a guy named Fred (who lives in America).  The two male characters, Piro and Largo, are stuck in Japan after traveling there for various reasons.  Now they're trying to survive in Tokyo with the help of Kimiko, an aspiring voice-actress; Erika, the hearthrop; and Ping, an andriod girl.  There are various other cast members such as Dom and Ed, part of the Sega OPS sector; Yuki, a girl in love with Piro who wants drawing lessons from him, and Miho who... ... we're still trying to figure her out.  :?
Anyway, it's a good comic.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's pretty fun.  (Warning: the forum over there is vicious!!)

Ohh. Mkay. Maybe I'll read it sometime.
Vicious? o_o;;; How so?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2005, 12:55:26 pm »
Ohh. Mkay. Maybe I'll read it sometime.
Vicious? o_o;;; How so?

There's so much sarcasm that it's coming out of people ears.  A lot of the stuff people do over here would flamed alive over there (intro threads, "hey do you like..." threads, "I have a question" threads, etc.).
At least that's my opinion on it....

(flamed = insulted, ridiculed via internet)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2005, 06:18:15 pm »

(flamed = insulted, ridiculed via internet)

Which can happen over fairly innocent things, like hijacking threads someone else created.... :P
*whistles innocently*

I'd make an honest complaint but I'm trying to get translations for the next two characters (which are even less fleshed out than ghudda was) so I can try and finish the primary cast. (4 or 5 more characters, I like ensemble casts).

One I get the main cast finished I can actually start posting the story (which I think will actually be posted in the fan creations section rather than here).
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2005, 10:55:58 pm »
Hmmm more than ghudda? That is interesting man haha, when do you think they will be finished?

Just a bit anxious...........Just a little...  :lol: