Author Topic: Repo! The Genetic Opera.  (Read 99853 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera.
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »
That they do. That they do.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:26 am »
I could totally imagine a repo con or a rocky horror type repo event
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2009, 10:10:00 pm »
Just finished watching it like a few hours ago XD
thought it was pretty good, when it started getting to the end it was at it's best.
for some reason the rest of it was a little un-interesting, I can't imagine why. I always like these types of movies [minus the...well...sexual tension I guess is how to say it. didn't like the dancing or VERY OBVOIUS moment with Pavi and the the two Genterns]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2009, 10:28:52 pm »
Yeah, the climax of the film really yanks on those heartstrings. I love the finale medley into "I Never Thought I'd Love You So Much". That song breaks me every time I hear it or watch the movie.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2009, 03:33:27 am »
I might get a few pictures this Wednesday of a Shilo Cosplay. I promised my sister I'd dress up as her, black wig and all and sing 'Seventeen' to her for her birthday. XD She's turning 17, and cannot STAND that song. I'm supposed to be Shilo all day long, too. DX
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2009, 03:49:44 am »
Aw poor Marie, I don't like that song much either. It seemed out of place to me..
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2009, 09:35:03 am »
I didn't like it that much at first, but I'll admit it's grown on me. I can see how it fits now, but not at first.

That sounds like a fun idea, though, Marie. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2009, 11:53:12 am »
i love this movie, watched it five tiems a day, love graverobber, i'm gonna make one of the nurse outfits this year, really want one!

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2009, 05:30:36 pm »
So I rented it and watched it twice. It was amazing the first time but the second time watching it, I thought the music was just...alright. :/
I think the story and movie is still fricking sweet, but music wise...eh just not doing it for me, imho.
I love the characters though! Luigi's probably my most favorite. "I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!" And Paris Hilton was excellent as Amber Sweet.  ;D I will love anyone who does an awesome cosplay of Pavi.
Alexa Vega...she looked the part as Shilo but did she sing the part, no I just felt like her style of singing didn't fit.
These are all just my opinions. I'm very open to music but I do get picky with what I like.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2009, 10:50:02 pm »
The first few times I watched it I had the same perspective as you about Alexa Vega, but her voice grew on me. Particularly in the finale, "I Didn't Know I'd Love You So Much" and "Genetic Emancipation". Of course, this is just my view of it. The music definitely works for me, though. It has that amazing hybrid of gothic rock and industrial metal, and classical opera all mixed together. I love all those genres by themselves, so having them mixed like they appear in the film, it just rocks my socks off. "21st Century Cure"....I love it!

"And it's my job
To steal...and rob...
GRAAAAAAVES!"

Love it, love it, love it, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2009, 02:03:45 am »
I'm finally going to go see this in a week an a half.  At the Clinton Street Theater no less! (we're going to Rocky on Saturday, then Repo the following Friday)  For those unfamiliar with the Clinton, it's SE Portland theatre that claims to have been showing Rocky Horror longer than any other in the world; almost every Saturday at Midnight since April 1978!
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:06 am »
Yup, that theater is great for cult film gatherings like this one. That is where I first saw Repo! when it came through on the Repo! Road Tour last Fall. I can only think of one other theater that would be as good or better for a cultie Repo! screening, and that's the Hollywood Theater.

Have fun, Tofu!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2009, 12:44:45 am »
I love this movie and soundtrack! Ive seen the movie 6 times already and i just recently got it xD And i have almost the whole soundtrack on my ipod ;D Im kinda suprized Paris did so good, but she fit the part of Amber really well. Tho my favs are Graverobber, Pavi, and Shilo ^^ Ive already made a Shilo cosplay also :D
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline NickelZinc13

• Cabbit
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2009, 09:14:31 pm »
For those interested, you can actually watch this with a live shadowcast (and AP lines) at the Clinton Street Theater in Portland. It's $8, but if you're watching specifically for the movie itself, it may not be too worth it, but it's still pretty cool. Shows on Friday at midnight.
LOOK! IT'S MY SIGNATURE! :D

I lost the game.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:24 pm »
That's cool. Shadowcasts really aren't my cup o' tea, but for those that do like it, it's nice that it's offered. I just personally don't think the movie can be improved by doing what a shadowcast does, but still, fun is fun, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2009, 10:26:11 pm »
We watched this at con!!!

There were like six or seven of us and we all piled in my hotel room to watch it on a laptop. This movie's so awesome.
I miss 2010.

Offline NickelZinc13

• Cabbit
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:40 pm »
The shadowcast isn't the main concern in my opinion, it's the AP lines. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've gone to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. X_O (Same place, Saturdays)

I lost the game.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:40 pm »
For those interested, you can actually watch this with a live shadowcast (and AP lines) at the Clinton Street Theater in Portland. It's $8, but if you're watching specifically for the movie itself, it may not be too worth it, but it's still pretty cool. Shows on Friday at midnight.

My friend and her mom are in this. xD She a gentern and her mom is one of the shotgun bodyguards of Rotti. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline NickelZinc13

• Cabbit
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2009, 10:31:44 pm »

My friend and her mom are in this. xD She a gentern and her mom is one of the shotgun bodyguards of Rotti. xD

Lol, awesome! I really love the show. <3

One of the male genterns was at K-con as well as two other actors - "Tank" (One of Amber's bodyguards) and "Max" (Pavi).

I lost the game.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »
I got to meet everyone when I went because I was there with two of the members of the cast. xD They are an absolute riot, especially before and after the show. I was like "Hay, I know peoplez in the cast!" and they went "Really? 8D *gropes*"
KumoriCon 2012

Offline NickelZinc13

• Cabbit
« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:36 pm »
I got to meet everyone when I went because I was there with two of the members of the cast. xD They are an absolute riot, especially before and after the show. I was like "Hay, I know peoplez in the cast!" and they went "Really? 8D *gropes*"

Yeah, a few of them are absolutely crazy. Haha!

I actually had to sub for someone in the lighting department the first time I went to see Repo!, but they didn't exactly appreciate the talent.

Someone there needs to learn how to write scripts.  :-\

I lost the game.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2009, 10:40:09 pm »
I just want to have a sing-along with some peeps. I love the soundtrack and think it'd be sweet to sing it out with others who also love the soundtrack, heh.

I call Nathan/Repo-Man, heh  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2009, 11:39:33 pm »
Dibs on Shilo! I'd get to yell at you, Eve! xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2009, 10:30:28 am »
haha, Finally, an excuse to do what you secretly have wanted to do forever!  ;)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2009, 10:38:39 am »
I'd totally join you two, Eve and Mitsuki! =D
Though, I only really know GraveRobber's lines, since in my group of friends, that who I am.
So if you don't mind a female, singing for GraveRobber, I'll join you two in a sing along~! =3
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:40:50 am by CloudStrife32 »
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:09 am »
Only if you can hit that super low note on "lest it be you on the concrete beloooooow..." ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2009, 10:41:48 am »
I'm an alto in choir! I'm sure if I practice enough, I can get it just right! =O
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:01 am »
haha, I was just kidding but that's awesome. I want to find out what I am vocal skill-wise. I have no idea how to find out something like that. Probably a bass (that's a term, right?).

Anyway, Repo! I'm really getting into Repo! again since it is getting closer to Fall and Halloween. This time last year I was listening to Repo! nonstop, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2009, 10:51:25 am »
After you said that, you had me in my computer room, attempting to figure out if I could get my voice any lower! xD
And yeah, a bass is the lower voices, for men. Tenor, being the higher voices, for men. Alto being the lower voices, for women. And soprano, being the higher voices, for women. Hence why I didn't take Blind Mag, since I could never sing as high as Sarah Brightman...>.o;;

This time last year, I had only heard a little about Repo!, because of a friend in New York. Now I obsess over it, more then most people should...>>
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2009, 10:57:27 am »
haha, thanks for the explanation! Good to know. ^_^ And I'm sure you can get Graverobber's parts down perfect.  :)

I just really like the variety in Nathan's singing, the range between soft emotion and harsh yelling. I love it, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2009, 11:00:25 am »
You're welcome. I usually can't explain stuff well, unless I really care for it. Singing is something I care for, even though the choir at my high school is no fun.
I shall try my best to get the lowest note GraveRobber can do, down pat, but if I can't... Deal...>>

Nathan's pretty cool. And his actor's pretty cool, too. I just wouldn't want to do his singing, since the harsh tone he does for Repo Man, would totally kill my throat! >.o;;
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2009, 11:03:39 am »
haha, yeah, this is just fun, nobody's gonna be perfect. ^_^

And I have done black metal vocals for a metal band since 2004/5, so I definitely enjoy that harsh aspect of Nathan's performance.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2009, 11:06:01 am »
M'hm. Plus, there's a big difference between me and Mr. GraveRobber.
Me = Female. He = Male. :3

That works out in your favor, then! I think, from the time I heard you talking at the early meet-up, your voice would be pretty awesome for Nathan/Repo Man.
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2009, 11:07:11 am »
Yay! We'll break out in random Repo! singing at some point in the future, I'm sure.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2009, 11:11:24 am »
Yes, yes we shall! And it's funny, because last night, while I was relaxing on the couch, I thought; 'It would be really cool, to get together with a few people and just sing along to Repo!'
Then of course, I get onto the forums, wander into here and I see you saying something about I sing along. I wanted to laugh, but had to hold it back, since my mom was napping in the living room.
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #235 on: September 09, 2009, 11:12:25 am »
lol, it's crazy/weird how many of us on the forums are strangely connected like that.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #236 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:50 am »
Yeah, it really is. xD
Oh! And when my cousin and I left the house with my mom, to go get my new shoes, we were singing the little slogan for GeneCo., that's in your signature and I automatically thought; 'Hm! I can see Rodney singing this!'
I haven't even properly met you and I can already imagine you singing little bits of Repo!
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:22 am »
lol, awesome. I'm glad the community is so strong here. It's a really important quality that I am glad to see hasn't diminished just because Kcon passed for this year.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2009, 11:31:00 am »
I met some pretty awesome people through these forums. I don't think I'll be leaving this community, anytime soon.

Though, I could do without all the complaint threads, popping up.
Even though it was a little annoying at K-con, for my first convention ever, I enjoyed it! ^^
~Sakuracon '13~
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2009, 11:42:04 am »
I am new to these forums as well as the cons but I already like what I see...Repo is one of my all time favorite movies, it's absolutely fantastic. I ordered the soundtrack the day I saw it! Very good taste in movies so far in this community...<3 you all!

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2009, 01:43:42 am »
So I may just be repeating things on this topic, but have you guys seen Repo at the Clinton. I tell you it's a sight to see! The girl who plays Grave Robber was an orgasm to my ears and the person that plays Nathan was extremely amazing! xD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2009, 06:33:25 am »
So I may just be repeating things on this topic, but have you guys seen Repo at the Clinton. I tell you it's a sight to see! The girl who plays Grave Robber was an orgasm to my ears and the person that plays Nathan was extremely amazing! xD
I was going to see it for the first time there a few months ago, then that plan fell through, much to my dismay.  :<

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2009, 07:39:53 am »
It's hard for me to get my people up and across the bridge to Clinton Street but if my plans for October work out I may be able to get to a show.

Can someone tell me which weekends they do Rocky and when they do Repo!, I can't get the site to load at work. :3

Oh, also, I was sad that I only saw one Gentern at con, I was expecting more Repo! cosplayers.

If we were doing parts then I'd have to be Luigi or Rotti. They're lots of fun. As much as I'd love it, I'm not skinny enough for Pavi.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:48 am »
Repo is every Friday at 11:30pm
Rocky Horror is every Saturday at Midnight (so, in actuality, Sunday)

Give me a holler if you're in the neighborhood.  I live 4 blocks from the Clinton.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2009, 09:26:03 pm »
i'm too scared to watch... but i love musicals!!!!

Save Caprica!!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2009, 09:31:20 pm »
It's not scary, just gore-y and awesome.
I miss 2010.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:11 pm »
As they say at the Clinton: "It's a Steam Punk's wet dream".
In emoticon status, that's colon-capital-D!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:41 pm »
I finally got to see this movie at con this year, though I fell asleep in the middle and only caught the beginning and end that time. I bought it right away when I got home and now I'm in love with it. It makes me wanna sing stuff from it also. XD

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2009, 11:53:52 pm »
Okay, I don't mean to sound opinionated, but aren't the songs from Repo a little repetitive or is it just me?

I've been starting to notice that... and it kind of bothers me.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2009, 08:39:18 am »
   What you have to keep in mind is that it's not actually a musical per-say...its a rock opera. With that being said, there will be some repetition/similarity in the songs as they are a means to tell the story rather than voice acting, which there is little of that in the movie.  But honestly...I watch it all the time & I don't really see the repetition.

I will have to go see this at the Clinton...never got the chance to see a theater showing of this...just bought the DVD and fell in love!