Author Topic: Repo! The Genetic Opera.  (Read 99830 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera.
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 09:32:09 pm »
I actually think you would make a good Shilo (the daughter/female lead).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 09:39:21 pm »
Really? I do like a few of her outfits. And they'd be really easy to put together. We'll have to see!
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 10:00:04 pm »
If you end up doing that, we will have to do a duet at some point, ^_^ "I Never Knew I'd Love You So Much" perhaps, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 10:01:22 pm »
Okay! I'd totally be down with doing that. I love doing duet's from musicals. My sister and I do them all the time with Rent, and now Repo!
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2009, 10:03:12 pm »
haha, yay! I like duets too, just seldom get the chance to do them (until Kahlan gets the soundtrack and memorizes it anyway, heh).

Yeah, I think by the time Kumoricon rolls around, or just some random Summer hang out, there should be plenty of Repo! hype and experience to get everyone involved.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2009, 10:05:23 pm »
It'll be exciting. Maybe one day we could get together a group of Repo! That'd be fun.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:05 pm »
Totally. That's right up there with Sweeney Todd for awesome musical/cosplay groups to organize.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 02:29:24 am »
i wanna cosplay blind mag someday, cause that would awesome/fun, and hopefully i could pull it off... lol

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 09:03:08 am »
I've only told you a million and one times that you'd be an awesome Blind Mag, and now you have to because you showed interest. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 02:46:15 pm »
I've only told you a million and one times that you'd be an awesome Blind Mag, and now you have to because you showed interest. ^_^

well i will then, whenever you do your repo-man cosplay >.O

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2009, 09:10:40 pm »
I'm a big fan of Giles (and of course heard him sing in "Once More, With Feeling", and will see it for him.
But perhaps I'm the only one on the forums whose actually seen Ogre perform with Skinny Puppy live? (with Severed Heads).
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 09:31:29 pm »
OMG Just watched a bunch on youtube. Mesmerized by Chase the Morning! WTF with the eye thing? (anyone who wants to protect others from spoilers but fill me in is encouraged to PM me!)
                            Edit:    *thanks to EveofAbyss!*
Wow I would go see it based on that scene even without Giles. Though originally I'd considered avoiding it because though I love goth I am repulsed by gore (and Saw). The (drug name) Anatomy scene was pretty cool too, and the At the Opera Tonight trailer (but ewww blood). Love the costumes, actually have things like some of them from, well, a non-anime part of my dress-up life :)
                                 Edit: Wow I'm already starting to dream in this universe so I consider myself hooked before even seeing the movie! Now what's up with the roadshow?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:45:10 pm by RemSaverem »
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 10:08:05 pm »
I was hooked as well, even before I saw the movie. I watched it a few nights ago with some friends, and today I exchanged my extra copy of the Dark Knight for Repo!. I'm really excited to watch it again, this time without having to worry about the loading situation. It was cheap, too! Only 14.99$.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »
we just bought it and watched it today, for the second time (finally!) and it was awesome, again, lol >.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 10:49:12 pm »
Reeeeepoomaaaaan! Reeeeeepoomaaaaaan!

*SQUEE*

Aaah, I love this movie so much, lol. I swear to each and every one of you, there will come a time when I WILL do a metal cover of some of these songs!

"Remember who you are...
I remember...(Remember what you did to Marni)
Remember who you are...
I remember...(Remember what you did to her!)"

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 10:51:39 pm »
Oh man! My sister and I have memorized all the songs, and all the duets we sing together. It's intense. She got the soundtrack for Christmas and we've been listening to it every since.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »
Sweet, haha. Yeah, I will be in the process of training Kahlan soon so we can sing together. Until then, I'll just have to practice singing high and angsty so I can do duets with myself, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 11:29:07 pm »
Maybe we can sing together sometime too. XD I know Chase the Morning, Mark It Up, Didn't Know I Loved You So Much, Let the Monster Rise, and Needle Through a Bug. Those are most of the duets, I think. :O
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 07:37:06 am »
Yeah, for sure. I'd be down for that. Whenever we get our group cosplay together, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 11:00:42 am »
Yeah! I'm still not sure who I'd wanna Cosplay. Blind Mag was pretty amazing, although I'm not sure I can pull her off. I was thinking my friend Erin could definitely pull her off better then I could. But she's so cool! Although I suppose I wouldn't mind being Shilo still.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:02:34 am by Sayda »
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:57 am »
when rodney gets his repo cosplay together,  i want to try to do blind mag. hopefully i could pull it off... i think i'd want to try to do the feathery outfit she wears at the end, but then the one she wears when she visits shilo is cool, i love the hood ^.^ but the feather one was great, the eyelashes were epic and it would be fun to maybe modify it and have blood running from my eyes o.O

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 11:35:13 am »
I really like Mag's outfits. I think my favorite one though was when Shilo first met Mag, and her hair was all done up. That or, I guess I just liked her makeup and hair. XD

But that would be really cool! The bloody eyes thing would also be very neat.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 02:17:44 pm »
Yay, I get to watch it tomorrow! I was going to try and go to it at the Theater, but I didn't know it was sold out until it was too late. Oh well.. I have heard the soundtrack and it is pretty chill.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:00 pm »
The soundtrack is amazing. I'm addicted to it. It's all I've been listening to since Christmas. :0 You should definetly pick it up.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 03:20:08 pm »
Yup yup, I concur. The soundtrack is in constant rotation on my ipod (or is that just constant play-button?). I just love it love it love it.

So, what is everyone's favorite song? Favorite character?

I can't even begin to pick a favorite song (so maybe that was a bad question to ask, lol), but if I had to pick I'm torn between "21st Century Cure", "Chromaggia", "Chase the Morning", "Legal Assassin", or "Night Surgeon".

Characters, I'm torn between Blind Mag, Nathan Wallace, Luigi and Pavi. I can't choose!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »
The two that ring in my head even when I'm trying to sleep are Chase the Morning and Zydrate Anatomy.
What I've literally dreamed of cosplaying is the vision of Marni that pops out of Blind Mags "eyes" and sings in Chase the Morning. Is there any screen shot that shows what she's wearing or looks like? Or is there any image of her other than that in the film? (I *will* find a way to view it!)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2009, 04:22:51 pm »
I'm really not sure what my favorite song is. So many of them get stuck in my head! But I really like We Started This Op'ra ****. I really like Chase the Morning, too. And Legal Assassin, Things You See in the Graveyard, and pretty much all of them. DX Besides Seventeen. Haha, I don't like that song, and I didn't like that part in the movie.

As for characters I'm really not sure. I liked Mag a lot, and Rotti, too. But I also really liked Nathan and Graverobber.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2009, 05:26:51 pm »
I'm just really looking forward to the extended soundtrack's release because there are a lot of other songs I love that are in the film but not on the first release of the soundtrack.

Oh, and Kahlan totally agrees with you about "Seventeen", Sayda, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2009, 08:49:39 pm »
i think my fave characters are nathan, pavi and luigi, and mag. which seem to be the faves of everyone ^.^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:46 pm »
So turns out it's playing in Eugene at the David Minor Theater. I sent the aol video of Chase the Morning to my partner hoping this will get him to come with me. Otherwise I'll probably still be looking to rent the vid (or borrow) or find it whole online. Anyone find it whole online anywhere?

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
I just made my grandma hate me with this movie. xD
I showed the cover to her once and a few songs and shes like "Sammy how could YOU watch something like THIS" o.o;
Errrr....I luff Pavi =D And my mom absolutaly loves this movie but she likes Graverobber and fears my beloved Pavi. xD
Ahh and I cheated and watched it a week before it came out on DVD >w> Memorised all the songs...but the ending part type were nathan/ repo man were, yeah. I cryed a few times. o.o;
Fave part ever was the ending thingy again with blind Mag in her feathery attire.  ;D
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »
I watched it a while ago online Rem. http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/repo_the_genetic_opera/ The best link to choose is the Mega Video one. It'll play the entire thing, and it loads fast. The only downside to it is that after about halfway through the movie it will pause and tell you to sign up to finish watching, or wait about an hour before you're able to watch the rest of it. The DiVex one only worked about 40 minutes into the movie, then stopped.

@Kinky: Haha, I'm pretty sure if I showed my gramma this movie she'd just raise a brow.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2009, 03:56:22 pm »
A bit late of notice, but Kahlan and I are having a Repo! hang-out/movie night tomorrow, at her place. Anyone wanna come enjoy the Genetic Opera?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
Got my boyfriend to download it by sending him "Chase the Morning" but when he saw the first few minutes of non-graphic-novel gore he turned it off.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 09:40:57 am »
Aah...that's too bad. He really is missing out. Tell him there are more graphic novel scenes later in the movie.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2009, 10:46:31 am »
Your boyfriend seems a little stuck up about this. I think he should get over it and just watch it, instead of judging the movie based off the first five minutes. But then again there were a lot of people who didn't enjoy the film. Although they didn't judge it within the first couple minutes. They sat through it, then stated their opinions. :0

Regardless though, it shouldn't matter what your boyfriend thinks. If you're interested and you want to watch it, then you should! With or without him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:48:42 am by Sayda »
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2009, 02:46:09 pm »
Yup, at least you can enjoy it. No laws against that.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:51 am »
Hey! So Erin did my makeup like Blind Mag when Shilo first meets her. I really wanna Cosplay her now!

AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2009, 09:55:25 pm »
Make-up looks good! So you thinking of cosplaying Mag and Shilo, or just Mag now? Well, cool either way.

And just an update, Expanded Repo! Soundtrack should come out in mere hours. \/\/00+

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:21 pm »
Mostly just Mag now I think. My sister wants to Cosplay Shilo. XD

Really? Awesome! I'll need to get that.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:18 pm »
Ah, cooool. I still want to be Repoman, but I am not sure when I'll have the time or money to make that outfit. So right now I am just focusing on props, namely his double-sided scalpel and a Zydrate gun. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2009, 10:59:53 pm »
It's gonna be so awesome when we all get to Cosplay from this! Good luck on your prop. x.x That sounds really cool. Be sure to post pictures when you make progress on it!

I found contacts like Blind Mag's last night, and a wig! I really want them. ~ ~
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2009, 11:17:10 pm »
Really? Wow, can't wait to see those contacts. ^_^ Thanks, and you be sure to post pics and stuff too! I'm stoked to get some group Repo! action going, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2009, 11:27:15 pm »
They're really expensive though. x.x But I'll definitely post some pictures when I get stuff for the Cosplay. I know I can't wait for that! It's gonna be great. I might try to get Mag together by Sakuracon.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:12 am »
well, it may be weird to have 2 mags in a group, but i still wanna cosplay her.. *ponders*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:02:16 am by Kahlan4 »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:32 am »
We can be different versions though! I wanna to do the outfit where Shilo first meets her. That dress. x.x;
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:07 am »
We can be different versions though! I wanna to do the outfit where Shilo first meets her. That dress. x.x;
I love the dress she's in when she comes to Nathan and Shilo's house. Because I would wear it all the time in real life cosplay or not, I will try to see if I can find any material like it anywhere.

I would consider the Chromaggia (I have many corsets, including a steel-boned one), but, am allergic to feathers (though there might be fake ones I could find).

I still am going to try to see if I can find screenshots so I can study what Marni wears in various flashbacks, holograms, photos, and graphic novel posts.

If there were someone my size into doing it it would be fun to be Rotti's matching body guards.

I probably have stuff laying around that resembles the genterns that look like nurses.

I had a dream that I worked out a way to attach something to my glasses that looked like the Marni holograms coming out of Mag's "eyes".

Oh yeah about 3 hours of half-awake film-universe dreams followed watching the DVD (alone) last night.

Are there Easter Eggs on it anywhere? I've already seen the "extras" on youtube....If there are please share how to find them, as I have to return the DVD tonight!

Oh and if I thought I could handle pasty white makeup on my face all day I'd want to crossplay graverobber. I suppose it's kinda spooky that I find both him and mag kinda hot

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2009, 11:46:27 am »
I'm not sure if there are or not. I haven't been paying too much attention to detail yet on costumes and such. Mostly makeup, hair, and those eyes! FXEyes was the site that made the eyes for the movie, and while they're a little pricey, I'd totally be willing to pay for them!

The body guards would be really awesome to Cosplay, my friend Steven really wants to Cosplay as them. But no one's as tall as that kid is, or as thin. He said though, that if I really went through with Mag, that he'd Cosplay Mag's body guard for me, which is exciting!

Graverobber and Mag ARE hot. Haaah. At least I think so. My sister and my two friends concure on that part, so don't worry, you're not alone. :0
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:05 pm »
I'm not sure if there are or not. I haven't been paying too much attention to detail yet on costumes and such. Mostly makeup, hair, and those eyes! FXEyes was the site that made the eyes for the movie, and while they're a little pricey, I'd totally be willing to pay for them!

The body guards would be really awesome to Cosplay, my friend Steven really wants to Cosplay as them. But no one's as tall as that kid is, or as thin. He said though, that if I really went through with Mag, that he'd Cosplay Mag's body guard for me, which is exciting!

Graverobber and Mag ARE hot. Haaah. At least I think so. My sister and my two friends concure on that part, so don't worry, you're not alone. :0

;D
I could see having 3 different costumes for 3 different days, all from this. Except that I also want to do at least something from Firefly and/or Serenity sometime....And I think I'm going to have to give in and get the soundtrack and/or the DVD as I can't get it out of my head.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »
That would be really intense. And probably expensive. XD Oh man, Firefly's really good. Who are you Cosplaying from it?

I think you are the third person who has said they can't get the music out of their head. It really is addicting. The extended soundtrack came out yesterday, which I still need to get. But the DVD is pretty cheap. At Fred Meyer it was only 15$.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay