Author Topic: :o rofl.  (Read 33943 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
:o rofl.
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2005, 06:46:04 pm »
Oh... Okay. :3
>__> Wuoldn't it be funny if I still didn't get it?!
-awkaward silence-
Yeahhhh...
Anyway, I can't wait. It's gonna be awsome.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2005, 01:05:38 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Anyway, I can't wait. It's gonna be awsome.

I'm sure it will be.  I hope to enter a contest if I dun enter one at sakura or anime expo if I able to go down there.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2005, 02:46:39 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
btw, is it still popular over there to wear clothing with random english words or no?

I think so.  The only shirt that comes to mind at the moment said "Quit your job." on the back.  However, the best sign I've seen said...

*Drumroll please*

"This supper is a Viking!"

Mmmmm, viking.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2005, 07:22:49 am »
I remember they had lots of Engrish fashions on the LKive Action Sailor Moon series. Usagi actually wore a shirt with DEAD BUNNY written on it! >D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2005, 12:12:57 pm »
That's really ironic... -hides bloody knife behind back- I wonder why anyone would say that...
My friend Megan (Her Japanese is horrible... Worse than Aislyn. God... I do allot of talking behind people's backs... .__.) Me and Aislyn where talking and I'm like 'Usagi!' To Aislyn's picture because it was a bunny girl...
And Megan's like 'Usagi means Moon.'
Me: 'No. It mean's Rabbit.'
Megan: 'Why else would they call her Sailor /Moon/?'
Me: 'What the hell are you talking about?'
Megan: 'Usagi's Sailor Moon's name. That's why they call her Sailor /Moon./'

I don't watch Sailor Moon, I don't really like it personally, I don't have anything about people who do like it, I just find it one of those shows that people tend to stereotype anime as. I think I saw one episode and it was Something about a Dentist? I don’t know. I didn't like it though. I liked stuff like Outlaw Star better. (Woo for Early Toonami!)
So to this day she still thinks Usagi means moon. .__.
This is kind of off Topic, huh?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2005, 12:36:19 pm »
That's really ironic... -hides bloody knife behind back- I wonder why anyone would say that...
My friend Megan (Her Japanese is horrible... Worse than Aislyn. God... I do allot of talking behind people's backs... .__.) Me and Aislyn where talking and I'm like 'Usagi!' To Aislyn's picture because it was a bunny girl...
And Megan's like 'Usagi means Moon.'
Me: 'No. It mean's Rabbit.'
Megan: 'Why else would they call her Sailor /Moon/?'
Me: 'What the hell are you talking about?'
Megan: 'Usagi's Sailor Moon's name. That's why they call her Sailor /Moon./'

I don't watch Sailor Moon, I don't really like it personally, I don't have anything about people who do like it, I just find it one of those shows that people tend to stereotype anime as. I think I saw one episode and it was Something about a Dentist? I don’t know. I didn't like it though. I liked stuff like Outlaw Star better. (Woo for Early Toonami!)
So to this day she still thinks Usagi means moon. .__.
This is kind of off Topic, huh?

yes...you do a lot of talking behind those people's backs...making them look...umm.....whats a polite word....ditzy....or maybe their flawed logic?  and speaking of sterotypes, girls talking behind the backs of other girls is a stereotype.....

curious, I wonder what your friend megan would say that in the english sailor moon comic, usagi is named bunny(with buns being a nickname).

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2005, 12:48:01 pm »
Ahh. I'll stop talkin' 'bout them! >DDD I'm a horrible friend...
I don't know... I don't really want to argue with her about it anymore.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2005, 01:09:53 pm »
Ahh. I'll stop talkin' 'bout them! >DDD I'm a horrible friend...
I don't know... I don't really want to argue with her about it anymore.

sounds like its been fought to death already.  how about just saying something positive about them?  I really doubt you're a horrible friend either way.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2005, 01:22:47 pm »
POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT MY FRIENDS:

Megan
Really cares about everyone's state-of-mind. She's a loving person, and where ever you go with Megan, you know your safe. Beacuse she'll just kick some guys ass if he touches you in costume. >__>

Aislyn
Aislyn is truly a great artist. She always laughs at my lame jokes (Like 'Hey, Aislyn, why would the Pilgrims pants always fall down? Beacuse their belt buckles are on their hats!') even if they don't make any sense.

Lauren
Lauren's so awsome. Just. Awsome. She never gets mad at anyone.... Except Natilee (Yeah. It's a weird way to spell that name.) But heck, who dosn't. Lauren's a total team player and sh'e slike Megan, and she cares about everyone so deeply.

Caroline (Me)
Woo. Caroline's an idiot! She constantly tells lame jokes and day dreams.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2005, 01:29:21 pm »
POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT MY FRIENDS:

Megan
Really cares about everyone's state-of-mind. She's a loving person, and where ever you go with Megan, you know your safe. Beacuse she'll just kick some guys ass if he touches you in costume. >__>

Aislyn
Aislyn is truly a great artist. She always laughs at my lame jokes (Like 'Hey, Aislyn, why would the Pilgrims pants always fall down? Beacuse their belt buckles are on their hats!') even if they don't make any sense.

Lauren
Lauren's so awsome. Just. Awsome. She never gets mad at anyone.... Except Natilee (Yeah. It's a weird way to spell that name.) But heck, who dosn't. Lauren's a total team player and sh'e slike Megan, and she cares about everyone so deeply.

Caroline (Me)
Woo. Caroline's an idiot! She constantly tells lame jokes and day dreams.

Megan......she sounds like an anime character.....I can't place which one though.......also sounds kinda scary....

Aislyn:  I like to see her artwork....as long it isn't the "AHHH!!! X_X" kind.

Lauren:  I dun think you said anything negative about her....not that I can remember anyway o_o.   and in some ways....she sounds like myself somewhat (never gets mad, care about everyone, etc) o_o

You:  I used to say lame jokes but then I stopped since they were lame....still day dream though.  I thought you're more like a person who just acts like an idiot...even though they're really smart.....I'm like that sometimes.   and you're cute! ^_^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2005, 08:47:53 pm »
ayi yi yi..... Usagi means rabbit. In Japan the have a rabbit-in-the-moon not a Man-in-the-moon. The rabbit in the moon supposedly makes some kind of dessert for good children. I'm pretty vague on that.

However, THAT is whyshe is named Usagi, because of the irony.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2005, 09:13:45 pm »
Ooooo, I like the Rabbit in the moon tale better than our lame ol' man in the moon. We never get any neat stuff like desserts from the man in the moon :P
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2005, 09:14:45 pm »
Quote from: "Luana-neko"
Ooooo, I like the Rabbit in the moon tale better than our lame ol' man in the moon. We never get any neat stuff like desserts from the man in the moon :P

....I dun think I even heard of the exact story of the man on the moon o_o

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2005, 09:15:58 pm »
From my understanding, it's just that the moon looks like it has a face or something, so everyone joked about there being a man in the moon or something... Nothing interesting.

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2005, 09:18:23 pm »
From my understanding, it's just that the moon looks like it has a face or something, so everyone joked about there being a man in the moon or something... Nothing interesting.

oh...that sounds kinda dull.....

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2005, 01:34:11 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
ayi yi yi..... Usagi means rabbit. In Japan the have a rabbit-in-the-moon not a Man-in-the-moon. The rabbit in the moon supposedly makes some kind of dessert for good children. I'm pretty vague on that.

I believe the rabbit makes mochi.  It's suppose to be pounding the mochi or something along those lines.  I'm not too familiar with the story either.

If your friend wants to know what "moon" is, it's "tsuki" or

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2005, 11:18:37 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

I believe the rabbit makes mochi.  It's suppose to be pounding the mochi or something along those lines.  I'm not too familiar with the story either.

If your friend wants to know what "moon" is, it's "tsuki" or

I dun think Neko chan's friend wants to know the real meaning.  from the sounding, she is convinced that Usagi means moon even though it doesn't.....

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2005, 02:23:37 pm »
Oooooo, mochi is yummy! Weird, but still yummy! My hawaiian roomie introduced me to it my freshman year... Now I want more :P

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2005, 05:09:24 pm »
Oooooo, mochi is yummy! Weird, but still yummy! My hawaiian roomie introduced me to it my freshman year... Now I want more :P

so what is mochi?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2005, 06:46:05 pm »
-__-; I want Mochi. I saw it at Sugoi Sushi and I was like ':D' but my dad was like ':x' and then I was like ' :roll:!
OOOHHH NOOOO.
:| Um. Yeaaahhh.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2005, 10:22:07 pm »
-__-; I want Mochi. I saw it at Sugoi Sushi and I was like ':D' but my dad was like ':x' and then I was like ' :roll:!
OOOHHH NOOOO.
:| Um. Yeaaahhh.

cute....but too bad you couldn't get any.....now what is mochi?

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2005, 12:22:28 am »
It's a bean paste thingy solid but squishy layer around an ice cream center. Sooooooo yummy!

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2005, 12:48:35 am »
It's a bean paste thingy solid but squishy layer around an ice cream center. Sooooooo yummy!

ohhhh I think I tried those while at a JP festival and meeting with Liz.  they're were alright, not a huge fan of sweets to that may be why(and maybe cause I didn't like the feel of cold ice cream on my teeth)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2005, 12:51:30 am »
That's ice cream mochi.  Mochi is a little different.

Mochi is rice that's been pounded so it becomes really sticky (mostly on the inside) with, as Luana-neko mentioned, bean paste inside.  Note: These are not beans like chili beans.  They're sweet beans.  The name of the beans escapes my mind at the moment.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2005, 12:58:05 am »
That's ice cream mochi.  Mochi is a little different.

Mochi is rice that's been pounded so it becomes really sticky (mostly on the inside) with, as Luana-neko mentioned, bean paste inside.  Note: These are not beans like chili beans.  They're sweet beans.  The name of the beans escapes my mind at the moment.

ohhhh....okay.....maybe I'll try one someday.....maybe o_o

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2005, 12:26:02 am »
You've got to try them at least once.  They're pretty good too.  I can't think of any one of my friends who doesn't like it.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2005, 12:36:06 am »
You've got to try them at least once.  They're pretty good too.  I can't think of any one of my friends who doesn't like it.

the friend you dun know who doesn't like them?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2005, 01:03:46 am »
I'll rephrase that.

Everyone who I have met likes them.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2005, 01:05:30 am »
I'll rephrase that.

Everyone who I have meet likes them.

speaking of mochi, I just heard about some mochi soup thats only eaten once a year....I think it was new year's but I could be wrong.  it was all in japanese class.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2005, 01:13:14 am »
I'll rephrase that.

speaking of mochi, I just heard about some mochi soup thats only eaten once a year....I think it was new year's but I could be wrong.  it was all in japanese class.

I'm trying to remember that as well....
I do remember eatting mochi but I'm not sure about the soup part.  Maybe that's udon (I always get it mixxed up with oden if someone spots this and thinks I'm wrong).
Udon is a lot of broth with different food in it and one of them is mochi that's been kinda wrapped up in something.
Sorry for the lack of details but I'm not sure what some of the stuff is called.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2005, 01:14:03 am »
I'll rephrase that.

I'm trying to remember that as well....
I do remember eatting mochi but I'm not sure about the soup part.  Maybe that's udon (I always get it mixxed up with oden if someone spots this and thinks I'm wrong).
Udon is a lot of broth with different food in it and one of them is mochi that's been kinda wrapped up in something.
Sorry for the lack of details but I'm not sure what some of the stuff is called.

I thought udon was a type of noodle like soba.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2005, 01:16:07 am »

You may be right.  Then what I mentioned might be oden.  (see?  I get them mixed up easily)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2005, 01:19:55 am »

You may be right.  Then what I mentioned might be oden.  (see?  I get them mixed up easily)

I dunno know oden......first I heard of it.....mmm..oh dear...net is going to die soon(net goes out from like 130 to about 7 am for me =/)

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2005, 04:47:45 pm »
As fun as running through downtown parks in cosplay, screaming sounds, knowing how people react to things in Portland, we'd stir up unwanted attention. Lots of unwanted attention.

But it's a fun thought.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2005, 05:19:14 pm »
you dosn't need to be in town for people to stair today my and some friends from jpn class were doing hw and laughing and saying 'baka' and 'waruri' and people looked at us funny but it was funn and thats what matters
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2005, 06:15:44 pm »
xDD I realized that now. I don't want that anyway. We'd probably get a 'disturbing the peace' warning or ticket or somthin'. My mom would never let me go to a convention again.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2005, 06:19:47 pm »
xDD I realized that now. I don't want that anyway. We'd probably get a 'disturbing the peace' warning or ticket or somthin'. My mom would never let me go to a convention again.

maybe you could make it some sort contest within a con?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2005, 06:39:39 pm »
What? Trying to Disturb the peace? xDD I just go out to the protesters against bush and disturb them.
Sorry that was /really/ bad. I'm so sorry.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:26 pm »
What? Trying to Disturb the peace? xDD I just go out to the protesters against bush and disturb them.
Sorry that was /really/ bad. I'm so sorry.

I dun think it that bad.  Other people have voiced their opinions on political matters as well(although it was only once that I know of).  I don't speak much about my conservative beliefs since some people can be very passionate about their beliefs and go on "crusade" or "protest rally" whenever someone else has a different opinion.   It goes along with the advice my father gave me which was to be careful when talking about politics, religion, or sex.   Although, sex is a complete joke in some places.....<_<