Author Topic: :o rofl.  (Read 33935 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
:o rofl.
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 09:05:19 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Cosplay marathon.

Hehehe,
I just imagined someone cosplaying as Sonic the Hedgehog doing that.  XD

*Starts imagining other scenarios*
    Greg sits down at his usual bus stop in Portland.  He is holding his business report in one hand while his other hand holds a warm cup of coffee.  He has to prepare for his meeting by tomorrow.

Suddenly, a ninja, a school girl, a robot, and a long white-haired man wearing a red robe comes zooming by Greg and quickly turn right at the next corner.

Greg checks his watch.  "Wow, they're early this time."

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2005, 10:35:49 am »
Ohmygosh. That was so awsome. :3
How many miles (aprox.) is it? Or is it like, not even a mile?

Ohh what'll probably happen:

A large group of otaku in costume stand, toes against a white line of the ground.
Gun shot. POW!
A girl with green hair (Ahah. You'll know that's me. Dejiko.) starts running, as fast as she can. Most people would be sensible and go slow at first, then work up speed, but not Caroline.

10 minutes later:

Caroline, that fool, is one of the last runners. Panting. What an idiot.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2005, 11:38:05 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
How many miles (aprox.) is it? Or is it like, not even a mile?

A real marathon you mean?
A real marathon is a little over 26 miles I believe.  (Actually knows the story why it is called that).

If this "Cosplay Marathon" does come true, I'm not sure how long it would be.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2005, 09:39:45 am »
Hee hee, I'd be up for a Cosplay Marathon, itd be fun seeing all the people go " What the heck :shock: ???? " . Judging from the exercise level of the average otaku, you'd probably want to keep the distance under a mile, especially since a lot of people's costumes aren't exactly the best things to be running in. Plus the fact that we wouldn't want to get our costumes TOO messed up :roll:

EDIT: I just reread my comment about the exercise level thing and realized that can be taken much worse than I meant it ^.^;; What I meant was that although most otaku aren't overweight or whatnot, we're usually too busy spending our free time watching anime, playing video games, etc, to be really involved in sports. Granted, a fair number of otaku may have tried martial arts, but from my impression, martial arts is a different kind of fitness than that of a runner (unless the modern day dojos have students go out and run 3 miles a few times a week? I dunno, I just do soccer ^.^;; ).
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2005, 01:18:56 pm »
Ehhh.
-holds head-
I hate running the only sport I really do is Snowboarding. >DD And there's no running in that.
I also practice Kendo.
Um. With tree branches.
Which I then turn into Harry Potter wands.
Which I bring to school and crary around in my pocket.
Beacuse I'm a loser.

I think it should be just about or a little below a mile. :3 It takes me forever to run a mile on the track like... 14 minutes... It's beacuse it's so frigging round! >__> Urgh.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2005, 12:18:48 am »
I think it should be just about or a little below a mile. :3 It takes me forever to run a mile on the track like... 14 minutes... It's beacuse it's so frigging round! >__> Urgh.

Um, oh, what's the one place called in Portland... um, um, the Water front?  That would be a good place.  I don't know how long it is but it's a straight route along the river and you would still be able to scare the norms.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2005, 08:38:27 am »
YEAH!
But you know what'd be funny? If people at the end of the race started getting all... kzdgl-y beacuse they wanted to win so they started pushing people in the water. o--o; That would suck for your Cosplay.
So... Yeah. It's not that funny anymore. Sorry.

^_^- My Mum said she would definatly think about it. So I'm pretty sure it's a yes...

What kinda Publicity do you think we could get? (That also kinda depends on what time it is, huh?)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2005, 08:39:28 am »
only time I really did any running was in the military....since they require to you to run....X_X(doesn't like running)
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2005, 08:41:16 am »
My Dad was in the Military. For like... 21 years. -pouts- He went to Japan when I was like, two.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2005, 08:43:40 am »
My Dad was in the Military. For like... 21 years. -pouts- He went to Japan when I was like, two.

sometimes I wish I was still in....I had orders for okinawa(I think it was a 3 year tour), but then those were canceled as I was then leaving the military shortly.  at least I was able to attend kumori 04 though ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2005, 08:44:58 am »
Well, that kinda sucks and then is Okay at the same time. :3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 08:47:29 am »
Well, that kinda sucks and then is Okay at the same time. :3

yeah it was.  at the time, it wasn't appealing to me as a lot of things was going on, but it would still been a nice place to visit(or live as the case would of been).  And then kumori 04 is the first time I cosplay!! ^_^ that went well I think.  been working on improving haku as you may noticed.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 08:51:25 am »
I think I've seen almost all the Kumori-con '04 pics, and I think I know who you are, do you have a picture to let me justify that?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2005, 08:53:58 am »
I think I've seen almost all the Kumori-con '04 pics, and I think I know who you are, do you have a picture to let me justify that?

sadly, I dun.  most of my self pictures went bai bai when my computer crashed =(.  On the other hand, I could try pointing myself out in one of the naruto group pictures.

side note....have you noticed the scattered conversations we seem to be having....?  its like using the forums as a instant messager....

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2005, 08:57:55 am »
I did notice that. >D It's crazy. I wonder if anyone'll get mad at us.
-giggle-
We where talking about the Marathon... And then the Military... And then... yeah. This.
Do you think there's gonna be an entry fee?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2005, 09:01:56 am »
I did notice that. >D It's crazy. I wonder if anyone'll get mad at us.
-giggle-
We where talking about the Marathon... And then the Military... And then... yeah. This.
Do you think there's gonna be an entry fee?

I dunno....Personally, I find it kinda amusing.  I luv chatting to people so thats my excuse.   Entry fee?  For the marathon, military, pictures, or our scattered conversations?  either way, I highly doubt there would be.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2005, 09:03:26 am »
Hopefully we can wear real shoes, I don't wana run in my Dejiko booties. >D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2005, 09:07:53 am »
Hopefully we can wear real shoes, I don't wana run in my Dejiko booties. >D

oh I know what you mean.  the filp flops I use for haku get my feet sore after a while X_X.  and I remember the boots from the military aren't that great for running either...(at least you dun have to run in them).

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2005, 09:11:14 am »
Yes... I'll need to get proper shoes, I think I sprained my ankle at my friends house... We where running and I fell and it hurt. And I never got it checked... Hmm. -falls over dead- >DD

This dosn't really have anything do with this, but it just happened. I was singing and I was totaly 'in the zone' and then my cat jumps on my lap and I screamed and he like jumped off my lap and hit the wall. o--o; Then he ran away to eat...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2005, 09:13:32 am »
Yes... I'll need to get proper shoes, I think I sprained my ankle at my friends house... We where running and I fell and it hurt. And I never got it checked... Hmm. -falls over dead- >DD

This dosn't really have anything do with this, but it just happened. I was singing and I was totaly 'in the zone' and then my cat jumps on my lap and I screamed and he like jumped off my lap and hit the wall. o--o; Then he ran away to eat...

ouch! X_X  is this recent or a while ago?  hope it wasn't too bad.

your cat did that.....sounds rather hilarous(if a little mean though o_o...your cat did hit the wall.....)  Never really had something like that happen with my cats although they do come up to my door sometimes for some attention(I luv cats!!! ^_^).

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2005, 09:15:53 am »
*blink blink* Wow. I go to sleep and then when I wake up I've missed about 10 posts from the two of you :P

But yeah, Waterfront would be an awesome place to have it, it's all pretty-like and lots of people would be there to scare :twisted:

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2005, 09:16:46 am »
I mean, I didn't scream at him, but just beacuse my eyes where closed and I didn't know he was there... I bet he hates me now too. :(

It was back in Feburary... Then we went back to Megan's house and her boyfriend threw a Dr. Pepper at my head. And it hurt. Damn you charlie.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2005, 09:17:46 am »
Quote from: "Luana-neko"
*blink blink* Wow. I go to sleep and then when I wake up I've missed about 10 posts from the two of you :P

But yeah, Waterfront would be an awesome place to have it, it's all pretty-like and lots of people would be there to scare :twisted:

I dun about neko chan, but I didn't get much sleep.....overslept one too many mornings I think.  And yeah....we've been having a scattered conversation all over the forum...its rather interesting imo.

....waterfront...that next to river right?  I dun go to portland very often so dun know it well despite living near it.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2005, 09:22:49 am »
I went to Portlaand once... Twice. >) First was for Omsi in 5th grade, 2nd was in 7th grade for an art muesum. We managed to get lost and we just spen t they day wandering around. And we didn't get in trouble either... 'Cus Aislyn's dad was with us...

I went to be at about 12. And I woke up at 8. I used to go to bed at about 1 and wake up at about 6... .__. My sleep patterns are weird.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2005, 09:23:24 am »
Yeah, waterfront is an area that goes all along the west side of the river. It's a reeeeeaaaalllyyy long park, pretty much, with some stores scattered along it and lots of picnic benches and the like. Lots of people who work in Portland have their lunch there, and it's a popular running spot 'cuz you don't have to worry about street lights, cars, etc, and the path is pretty wide.

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2005, 09:25:39 am »
Yeah, waterfront is an area that goes all along the west side of the river. It's a reeeeeaaaalllyyy long park, pretty much, with some stores scattered along it and lots of picnic benches and the like. Lots of people who work in Portland have their lunch there, and it's a popular running spot 'cuz you don't have to worry about street lights, cars, etc, and the path is pretty wide.

ohhh sounds really nice.  distance sounds reminds me of the military(we had to run 2 miles).  thats near where kumori 04 was right?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2005, 09:28:42 am »
We should like have it from one spot to te other... I don't feel like running for too long.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2005, 09:29:40 am »
We should like have it from one spot to te other... I don't feel like running for too long.

Thats a good point.  I doubt many anime fan(or otakus, take your pick) would like running for too long.  myself included.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2005, 09:31:14 am »
Yeah, it's right by where the con was last year. We wouldn't have to run the whole length of waterfront, that might be a little far to go in costumes ^_^;; Tho there were rumors of moving the con to the convention center next year (for more room), which is on the other side of the river....

www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2005, 09:31:47 am »
I'm feeling sorry for whoever's not-that-bright-enough to pick up their dress when they are running and trip and rip it. o--o; You know atleast /one/ person's cosplay is gonna get torn.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2005, 09:32:30 am »
Yeah, it's right by where the con was last year. We wouldn't have to run the whole length of waterfront, that might be a little far to go in costumes ^_^;; Tho there were rumors of moving the con to the convention center next year (for more room), which is on the other side of the river....

interesting....of course, someone could "cheat" by using an in character vehicle or person....

that would be interesting if hte con center is used.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 09:33:38 am »
Hence why we should keep the distance short. Probably a half mile is about as far as most people would be willing to run in costumes that aren't meant for running. I know my feet would KILL me if I tried to run in my Sango boots... They're sorta like high heeled boots ^.^;;

www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2005, 09:35:08 am »
Aw.
I wana use the Hotel, beacuse ten it feels more, home-y and you can scare the hotel guests.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2005, 09:37:20 am »
We scared the hotel guests a little TOO much last year... There was the whole incident with the guy ripping the phone out of the wall and going ballistic. But then again, it's the fault of whichever idiot thought it was smart to have a mental ward meeting at the same time and place of an anime con ^.^;;

www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2005, 09:40:50 am »
O__O; Holycrap.
That's scary.
I just wana stand in te elevator and like, press all the buttons, and then talk to myself.

Have either of you even been in trouble with Con staff? I have a feeling I'm gonna be sent to time out or some crap. Or worse, kicked out of the con.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2005, 09:41:13 am »
We scared the hotel guests a little TOO much last year... There was the whole incident with the guy ripping the phone out of the wall and going ballistic. But then again, it's the fault of whichever idiot thought it was smart to have a mental ward meeting at the same time and place of an anime con ^.^;;

I know something else was going on but didn't pay much attention it.  didn't know some people had the frights because of us.  sounds amusing if mean.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2005, 09:43:53 am »
:3 I acttualy plan crap like this for months before hand. Like seriously. I wrote in the back of my notebook 'Scare atleast 4 normal people...' and stuff like that. o--o; I'm a loser.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2005, 09:45:31 am »
O__O; Holycrap.
That's scary.
I just wana stand in te elevator and like, press all the buttons, and then talk to myself.

Have either of you even been in trouble with Con staff? I have a feeling I'm gonna be sent to time out or some crap. Or worse, kicked out of the con.

Lol! No, the staff at K-con are pretty nice and easy going, it's part of being a smaller con. Sakura-con used to be this way too from what I've heard, but then they got all psycho last year and were mean :cry: Supposedly they fixed that problem this year, but yeah, the bigger the con, the more paranoid the staff get (usually).

www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2005, 09:48:11 am »
I'll start my own Con, in the middle of no where. And then It'll be awsome. And it'll be all year round. Beacuse then we would never have to stop wearing cosplay. And I would be the mayor. And anyone who came to our town had to learn Japanese.
Beacuse that would be the offical language. And we would even shape the town like Eat Asia!
o--o; Okay. I'll stop. Beacuse your probably annoyed.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2005, 09:51:33 am »
Lol! No, the staff at K-con are pretty nice and easy going, it's part of being a smaller con. Sakura-con used to be this way too from what I've heard, but then they got all psycho last year and were mean :cry: Supposedly they fixed that problem this year, but yeah, the bigger the con, the more paranoid the staff get (usually).

It seem to be that the staff at sakura got frusated with the crowds quickly.  I believe the large crowds there were rather hard for them to control with leads to the staff yelling.

That con(sakura 04) was my first convention and despite that, it was one of my best.  Kumori was also great as well even though it was smaller.  One thing I thought was interesting was that when I got to it, I was like "whoa! most of the con goers here are girls...and they make up most of the cosplayers!".  And then we later find out that most of them are yaoi fangirls(it seem like it...there was that kiss the uchiha)!  I sometimes think that could be like a nickname or something for the con.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2005, 09:52:47 am »
Hey, I'd go to that con  :D ! I'd need to learn Japanese tho, none of the schools I've been to have offered it (tho my high school had it the year before I started going to it, and then got it again the year AFTER I graduated, go figure :roll: )

www.ronime.net

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2005, 09:55:58 am »
They had it when I was in 6th grade for an early bird class. And they didn't have it. And I asked why.
'We couldn't find a teacher.'
Don't even ask how stupid my school is.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
Hey, I'd go to that con  :D ! I'd need to learn Japanese tho, none of the schools I've been to have offered it (tho my high school had it the year before I started going to it, and then got it again the year AFTER I graduated, go figure :roll: )

Yaoi con?  personally, I dun really care for it even though I may seem otherwise(or maybe its just my feminine creeping in that I dun know about).  I am thinking of heading for anime expo if I can get transportation and some people to help reduce costs.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2005, 09:59:26 am »
I'm gonna go to every K-con untill I'm old enough to Volunteer. :3 Then I'll do that too.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2005, 10:00:54 am »
Yaoi con O.o ? No no no, yaoi and yuri stuff weird me out... I don't mind gays and lesbians and will gladly stand up for their right to live how they want, but personally the idea of the stuff gives me the creeps ^.^;; I was talking about Neko-chan's year round con :P

EDIT: Oh, and my best friend and I are planning on going to Anime Expo not this summer but next, it sounds like a lot of fun even tho theres huge crowds ^_^;;

www.ronime.net

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2005, 10:01:34 am »
I'm gonna go to every K-con untill I'm old enough to Volunteer. :3 Then I'll do that too.

and make a big event on the first k con you drive yourself to?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2005, 10:02:27 am »
Um. Yes. :3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2005, 10:05:28 am »
Um. Yes. :3

that kinda reminds me of when I turn 21.  I've heard from friends that they want me to get drunk when they get the chance.  something I've heard before but hasn't been gone thru.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2005, 10:06:43 am »
That's Binge Drinking. .__.; Like. And it's bad for you.
I like virgin drinks. :3 Pinaaa Coladaaas.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2005, 10:07:08 am »
Meh, I don't see the whole big deal about turning 21. All my friends tell me I need to do something special when I do, but I don't see the point. The only "special" thing about 21 is that you can drink (legally), but since I despise alcohol, I don't care.

www.ronime.net