Author Topic: Mario Bros. Skit?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Mario Bros. Skit?
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:59:46 am »
I was thinking of doing a skit about the physics of Super Mario Bros. can you really punch underneath a box and make a mushroom, flower, star, or coins come out? Shoot fireballs from your hands? Navigate through a pipe to another world? Survive level 1-1 of Super Mario Bros.? Anyone want to try this out?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Mario Bros. Skit?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:29 pm »
That sounds very interesting. But you'd probably have to make sure that it is funny. People don't want to feel like they're in school the weekend before school starts.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:04 pm »
Well on first attempt, I tried putting pennies into a box that I drew a ? on, and punched underneath it. Didn't work as well. "If Mario can do it, why can't we??" Tried mushrooms, same result, it takes a really hard punch to pop things out, or otherwise breaking the box. Then I would be squeezing down a pipe (50 gallon trash can) "grr, I'm not that fat! go down!" and two more on each side of the stage, as I wiggle into one and come out the other. Then finally getting something right, I would find a fireflower and bounce fireballs (tennis balls with streamers) at a ninja or Bowser or something. Possibly with Toad at the end with his line "I'm sorry but the princess is in another castle!" and I might go "Oh, skip this job! I'm going to Hyrule!"
Bonus ending: Toad gives me a letter from Princess Peach asking to rescue her and the rewards will be endless, with her signature. Also attached is a Starman to help me. Back in focus, I power up with the Starman (super saiyan style) and run off stage.
Bu that's just my thoughts.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:24:55 pm »
lol

It sounds good so far. Just work on it, maybe get more people/ characters to interact with, and edit like crazy!!!

What would be funny is do a "Fact or Myth?" kind of thing, like the show MythBusters. Test some of the things, like the box, and pipe, and determine if it can really happen or not. One thing that came to my mind was the turtle shell being able to kill you or others when they're hit...Have a large shell (probably made of paper) and slide it across the stage, and it is an obviose fact...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 04:13:45 am »
Actually yeah Mario Mythbusters is what I was thinking. And to use the term from Pokemon when someone gets "killed" they get knocked out instead, when someone gets hit with a shell, they get knocked out and off the screen. Can you jump and stomp on someone to knock them out...? Can you even jump high enough to do it? Does eating a mushroom give you an extra life or make you bigger (not THAT form of bigger) If you lift a POW block over your head and throw it, does it cause a shockwave to everyone else? And if we can indeed get a Princess Peach involved, can you really float with your ball dress or your parasol? can giant Lizards capture beautiful princesses?

And the bonus game, a Mario world 1-1 obstacle course. Jump onto blocks, over gaps, climb the hill and drop down the pole to raise the flag. I'm thinking of doing the obstacle course outside the skit. Maybe it could inspire the real Mythbusters to do an episode on it?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:47 pm »
xD

i some how can imagine some one throwing the turtle shell and peach tripping over it "Well that answers that question!"

the lizard bit sounds funny to xD as does the floating parasol! need to get an umbrella first...
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:45:12 pm »
Hmmm Parry... :) And for the giant lizard part, who has a pet lizard or turtle to use as the captor?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:28:30 am »
I'm considering this skit as a backup. Anyone willing to take part is welcome to.