Author Topic: Group Cosplay?  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« on: February 20, 2005, 08:43:21 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has ever planned a group cosplay. Like not just 3 or 4 people, but like 20-30 people. Like. GIANT.
Beacuse I'm thinking that was be pretty awsome.
But then the big question... What Series? :o
-shifty eyes- o_o; Naruto? Inuyasha? POKEMON? :) Pika... Hehh.
Or like a theme.
Like Feudal Japan? :o I could finaly put my Kimono to good use...
Or like. Samurai/Ninja. And then we fight. DO THE DEATH!
With little plastic swords you get in drinks. :)
I dunno. What's your opinion on giant group Cosplay?

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 02:12:21 am »
If we were to do a group cosplay, Naruto would be the easiest, since there are so many different character from that show, and almost everybody has a head band.  Inuyasha's good too, but there aren't that many characters, we'll end up with 4 or 5 inuyasha, 7 or 8 Kagome, even more Kikyou and Miroku.  
um...I've got a Kimono too, it's for Tomeo cosplay, but it works in general too, well, I'm down with the idea of doing a huge group cosplay, just let me know what.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 09:53:03 am »
Sweet.
I was listening to Nami Tamaki last night... Erm. This morning. At about 1 am. o_o And I got really excited and then I was like. "Caroline. Stop. It's like, in September. Calm down, this is Febuary."
I've heard of Naruto, and I'm gonna start the Manga, but I've never acctualy seen the manga/anime itself. It seems to be a pretty popular cosplay.

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 03:15:31 pm »
some friends of mine might be coming up from California and we're going to do a Wolf's Rain group cosplay thing. we're also working on a Wolf's Rain site if anyone interested. www.packredmoon.tk or if that link doesnt work, http://www.geocities.com/higethewolf@sbcglobal.net/POTRM_Artwork.html will take you to my section of the site where you can see some of my crappy computor drawings. the artwork on there will be much better after i get my scanner hooked up. the site is still a work in progress, so it's not great yet, but whatever. anyways...

how many volumes of the Naruto manga are there? cuz i was interested in checking it out too.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 05:17:43 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Sweet.
I was listening to Nami Tamaki last night

I've heard of Naruto, and I'm gonna start the Manga, but I've never acctualy seen the manga/anime itself. It seems to be a pretty popular cosplay.

Nami Tamaki?  I like her music, although sometimes I start thinking her music is similar to Ayumi Hamasaki.  

Yes, Naruto a very popular series and they pretty much dominated the cons at sakura and kumori.  On the other hand, I didn't see that many while at Animazement on the East Coast, but then I was just about to learn and get into the series.  Either way, if another Naruto group comes up, I can bring back my Haku cosplay.  Only thing else on the agenda is a Yuki cosplay from Fruits Baskets and maybe a character from Guilty Gear a friend of mine likes me to do(with her doing ABA I believe).  

Quote from: "DaniChan"
how many volumes of the Naruto manga are there? cuz i was interested in checking it out too.

5 if you just count the ones released in the US.  The Japanese ones are around 26 volumes or so.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Anonymous

Group Cosplay?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 09:00:09 pm »
cool! thanks!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 12:22:48 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
5 if you just count the ones released in the US.  The Japanese ones are around 26 volumes or so.

Actually, I think it has reached the 30 mark and is still going strong.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 10:48:38 am »
I think that We should take a giant picture in a park in Portland, in our costumes. And like... hold up a big banner that says 'Kumori Con '05' Or something. That would be awsome. :)
I'm thinking that Group Cosplay is going to be awsome. I got really excited last night about it. Squeeeee.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 05:18:08 am »
Quote from: "Negima"

Whoops, I was wrong.  I went to a bookstore and saw that it is at 26.  My mistake.

I think that We should take a giant picture in a park in Portland, in our costumes. And like... hold up a big banner that says 'Kumori Con '05' Or something. That would be awsome.  :)
I'm thinking that Group Cosplay is going to be awsome. I got really excited last night about it. Squeeeee.

We should set up a day for when the photo would be taken so we all know when to wear our costumes (from that series)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 09:51:31 am »

Whoops, I was wrong.  I went to a bookstore and saw that it is at 26.  My mistake.

I think that We should take a giant picture in a park in Portland, in our costumes. And like... hold up a big banner that says 'Kumori Con '05' Or something. That would be awsome.  :)

We should set up a day for when the photo would be taken so we all know when to wear our costumes (from that series)

^_^ Okay Dokey. I think the 3rd or second day would be good.

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^^
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 11:39:08 am »
my friend and i were going as youko and kurama (from yu yu hakusho)  it would be great if we had more people join us ^^i'm going as youko ^^
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 07:00:49 pm »
Well, if all you want the giant group for is a single photo, photoshoots are the best way to do that. You just grab all the people who were already planning to go as a character from that show and put them all in one picture. Typically when planning group cosplay, there's the assumption that you're going to stick around each other for most of the time that you're wearing the costumes. That's why giant planned cosplay groups don't usually happen... Too hard to get that many people to agree on what to do while at the con.
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 03:00:13 pm »
There should be some kinda official system in place for setting up photoshoots from different series, by the time con rolls around. 'Tis the best way to get everyone together in their same-series cosplays at the same time. So, check for it!
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline princessbunny99

• Cabbit
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 03:17:14 pm »
i think i'm getting together a hellsing group....:D

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 02:07:13 pm »
it would be sooooo COOOOOOOOOOOOL if there was a saiyuki group cosplay at the con ^^
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 03:02:34 pm »
It'd be really cool if there was a definite final fantasy X/X-2 or even better, All Final Fantasy grouping at the con....on top of everything else...heh

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline anime_lover

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 08:59:31 pm »
i am probably gonna goes as gojyo(saiyuki) for half the time and then shuuichi(yu yu hakusho) half the time

Offline princessbunny99

• Cabbit
Group Cosplay?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 09:17:07 am »
we're still looking for people in the hellsing group i'm putting together :D any alucards out there?

:D
-pb-