Author Topic: Dining?  (Read 24632 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:36:49 pm »
I had this really funny dream that I was at Kumoricon in september and like, everyone at the convention went out and we all had sushi. Hehehh.
I was just wondering (As a first time Anime con-er... Okay, so I went to this other one, but it was really small...) if any resturants let you dine in cosplay. -sweatdrop-
Not that you'd want to, but, if you wanted to...
I've heard of places in Japan that have the waitresses in cosplay... teashops and such.
I went to a Dennys in Harry Potter Cos once. I got a whole lot of weird looks. But I just kinda played along...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dining?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 05:37:39 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
I've heard of places in Japan that have the waitresses in cosplay... teashops and such.

Yes, this is true.  I think they're mostly in Akihabara.
I've also heard you can pay to talk to said waitresses for five minutes.  (Not that I've done that; I only heard about it)

I think anywhere in Portland will let you wear your costume so long as it isn't a fancy restaurant ("May I take your Key Blade, Mr. Sora?").  I've not 100% sure on that idea so don't quote me on it.

Anonymous

Re: Dining?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 08:22:37 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

Yes, this is true.  I think they're mostly in Akihabara.
I've also heard you can pay to talk to said waitresses for five minutes.  (Not that I've done that; I only heard about it)

I think anywhere in Portland will let you wear your costume so long as it isn't a fancy restaurant ("May I take your Key Blade, Mr. Sora?").  I've not 100% sure on that idea so don't quote me on it.

^_^- Okay, thanks.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 08:33:10 pm »
Hehe, yeah. It's not a problem really. I mean, we're talking about Portland, most people don't really think much of seeing a wierdo or two around (unless they're in large groups like last year's Naruto cosplayers... I think they actually frightened some of the Portland natives). I remember many of us going to Subway near the hotel in cos last year and the people working there thought it was pretty cool. Not exactly high-class dining, but really... you're a paying customer so most places won't mind. Personally I'd be really upset if a place turned me down because of a costume, and unless it's a really snobby place I doubt they would. So relax and enjoy your first (sort of) Anime convention!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 08:36:46 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Hehe, yeah. It's not a problem really. I mean, we're talking about Portland, most people don't really think much of seeing a wierdo or two around (unless they're in large groups like last year's Naruto cosplayers... I think they actually frightened some of the Portland natives). I remember many of us going to Subway near the hotel in cos last year and the people working there thought it was pretty cool. Not exactly high-class dining, but really... you're a paying customer so most places won't mind. Personally I'd be really upset if a place turned me down because of a costume, and unless it's a really snobby place I doubt they would. So relax and enjoy your first (sort of) Anime convention!

Ha.
Yeah, beacuse I had another weird dream last night that (Why are my dreams all about this?) I went out with my friends and it was really funny (to me anyway), beacuse we orderd pasta and we got pizza, and then we like, turned into anime characters... And we like. o___O; Blew the place up.
rofl.
That just sounds retarded now.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 08:41:13 am »
i've dined (termed loosly) twice in public in costume my younger bro too, at the the first kumoricon, at mcdonalds and elmers steak house, as pikachu and bro as link, it was fun kids waved at me, and in regards to reconizing an otaku, a girl at elmers was like i love your costume i love anime, theres an anime convetion going on next door?!?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Dining?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 02:26:14 pm »
i was going around town eating with my rapier at my side and people loved it, you should see all those little kids in awe, reminds me of that girl on the train near beginning of FMA...
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
Dining?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 05:45:35 pm »
Ya know, going out and dining in cosplay sounds really fun. I would love to see the other guests reactions as I walk in the restaraunt in full InuYasha cosplay. :D
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 08:42:06 pm »
Quote from: "Ronime"
i was going around town eating with my rapier at my side and people loved it, you should see all those little kids in awe, reminds me of that girl on the train near beginning of FMA...

:o I loved that eppisode! She was so cute.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 08:45:49 pm »
Quote from: "Nightblayde"
Ya know, going out and dining in cosplay sounds really fun. I would love to see the other guests reactions as I walk in the restaraunt in full InuYasha cosplay. :D

HAYA!
I've heard that Subway is the offical food scorce of Kumori Con. We can walk down there and freak people out.
Me: "Hmm... I'll have a meatball sub. Nothing else on it... Please."
Pimply teenager: "What's with the costume? -making sandwich-"
Me: "I love Anime. Make the damn sandwhich."
Pimply Teenager: -puts tomatos on it-
Me: "-gasp- TOMATOS?! -weilds Katana- SHOSHOSHO! YOU MUST DIE!!!"
... Yeahhhh. That's not gonna happen...
unless tomatos are envolved. ^__^-

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 11:28:20 pm »
I've heard that Subway is the offical food scorce of Kumori Con. We can walk down there and freak people out.

Part of the reason for that is its the closest food place to the Hotel the con was at last year.  This year, its near the Lloyd Center, so I'm not sure.  Although, I think cosplayer invading the mall would be an interesting sight.
I didn't have much reaction to my Haku cosplay on my way to and from the con except for two times on my way home.  Both times, an adult thought I was a skilled martial artist and was like "Hey man, don't beat me up?" or something along those lines ^_^[/quote]
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 05:59:05 am »

The temptation to start reciting the "How do defend yourself against someone attacking with a piece of fresh fruit" skit is overwhelming at the moment. ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 09:36:23 am »
Ha. That was just so random at the moment.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 01:51:33 am »
Imagine walking into a crowded Carl's JR. dressed in Naraku's Baboon skin pelt.  :lol:  That was fun. I can't wait to see the reaction I get from people at Lloyd Center!

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 08:13:54 am »

The temptation to start reciting the "How do defend yourself against someone attacking with a piece of fresh fruit" skit is overwhelming at the moment. ^_^

its almost wourse when you order no tomatos and you get no tomatos but the bread has an indentation of a tomato slice and some seeds on it, its like say "yeah we know what you wanted but were too lazzy to stat over(and it could be really old

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 09:34:06 am »
Haha, exactly.

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Dining?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 07:21:14 pm »
At K-con 2004 i went into a Subay and the whole resturaunt was filled with K-con people. Some of them were wearing Kimonos.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 07:47:33 pm »
:) I own a Kimono... I never tie it tight enough though... -slaps slef-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 07:57:42 pm »

*sigh* I couldn't help myself...

When someone is attacking with a tomato, you preferably want to use the katana.  Next, you will want to chop off the head of the attacker followed by his arm.  Then, you eat the tomato, thus disarming him.  You have no rendered him helpless.
And as a guide:
Banana - gun
A single raspberry - A 16 ton weight
A box of raspberries - A Tiger
Kiwi - A Nile Crocodile

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 08:20:13 pm »
>D I need to know what happens for margerine... I wanted butter damn it!

I'm also looking at a bunch of maps, but none of them are very helpful... Trying to find somewhere like subway to eat... Ughhh. At least a convience store or something... I'm sure as hell not paying 60 bucks for a hotel lunch. >__> Ugh.

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 08:10:37 pm »
Lots of people went to Subway in cosplay. That was funny. The guy making my sandwich was freaking out becuase I was dressed most normal. (I was in a tuxedo)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 08:16:52 pm »
Quote from: "kaoru"
Lots of people went to Subway in cosplay. That was funny. The guy making my sandwich was freaking out becuase I was dressed most normal. (I was in a tuxedo)

Aha. >DD
I'd be a little freaked out too (If I didn't know what the hell was happening). But Tuxedos wouldn't freak me out. I'd be like "Hey. Nice Penguin suit. :D"

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 08:26:02 pm »
My Tuxedo kicked butt though.  :lol:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 08:28:54 pm »

:D I wana own a resturaunt like the one's in Akihabara, where the waitresses dress up in Cosplay. I wuold be like "MYUN! COSPLAY!"
I'd probably scare people though. o-o;

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 08:30:00 pm »

:D I wana own a resturaunt like the one's in Akihabara, where the waitresses dress up in Cosplay. I wuold be like "MYUN! COSPLAY!"
I would go there. Make sure you get some cross-dressing asian guys to work there.  :lol:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 08:35:47 pm »

I would go there. Make sure you get some cross-dressing asian guys to work there.  :lol:

Really good looking one's too! -blush-

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2005, 08:41:58 pm »

Really good looking one's too! -blush-
Oh yeah...  :D

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2005, 08:44:29 pm »
Oh oh oh.
And at like midnight of Saturdays Yaoi nights. -dies blushing- Ahhhh.

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2005, 08:46:53 pm »
:lol: Let's just say Saturday nights are NOT family nights there.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 08:48:42 pm »

Oh yes. :)
And I would have my own branch in New York or LA or someplace. Ahh. I would open a world wide chain of Cos-Cafe's!
It'll be Called; 'Tripple C'
Caroline's Cosplay Cafe. :D

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 08:50:09 pm »

And I would have my own branch in New York or LA or someplace. Ahh. I would open a world wide chain of Cos-Cafe's!
For a second there, I thought you said nipple.  :shock:  :lol: Whoa. I'm so hyper...

Doo doo dee doo!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 08:53:01 pm »

For a second there, I thought you said nipple.  :shock:  :lol: Whoa. I'm so hyper...

Doo doo dee doo!

That really made me laugh out loud. Woo.
-giggle- >D Oh my.
I'm like, always hyper. So very hyper. I act like a cat alot too. -sweatdrop-

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 08:53:52 pm »

Doo doo dee doo!

That really made me laugh out loud. Woo.
-giggle- >D Oh my.
I'm like, always hyper. So very hyper. I act like a cat alot too. -sweatdrop-
I'm usually very serious. Some say I'm too mature.  :? But when I get hyper, I am way too "Whee".

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 08:58:07 pm »
Heh.
Today was Megan's Birthday and she and I where running down a path with our other otaku-friends, and I tripped and I hurt my ankle. So I just lay there on the ground and laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
But it still kinda hurts, I dunno what I did to it... I don't think it's serious though.
But I'm like that. I laugh alot. And most people don't take me serioius. Eh, which isn't that great always.

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 09:01:22 pm »
My friends are all immature and make fun of me for being serious and quiet.  :( My friends are not great people.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 09:03:51 pm »
Aw. -hugs-
I had a 'friend' who like, held a knife to my neck beacuse I wuoldn't do the dishes...
in my own house. >__>; We where alone and then she like sprayed Pam in my hair. Ugh. It took forever to get that out too.
She's gone now though. To a diffrent school, but we'll be together again in Highschool. Ughhhh.
Speaking of which, what grade are you in? (If you don't mind me asking)

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2005, 09:06:30 pm »
9th grade. Highschool is fun, except for the random 'Let's make fun of Ash and throw stuff at her day.' My own friends threw a bunch of cough drops at me because I was sick.  :cry:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005, 09:13:02 pm »
:o That's horrible. I hope you can make better friends. They don't seem like very good ones.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2005, 01:12:21 am »
I went for lunch in my cosplay, nonbody even give it a second thought, well, expect couple guys on the street whistled at me, I thought that was flattering though^^

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2005, 01:15:47 am »
9th grade. Highschool is fun, except for the random 'Let's make fun of Ash and throw stuff at her day.' My own friends threw a bunch of cough drops at me because I was sick.  :cry:

Ohh...High school is fun and all, but it can still be troubling.  But soon enough (like when you are in college like me), you'll look back and miss those days.

BTW, man I feel old!

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2005, 01:22:11 am »

That sounds like a great idea!

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2005, 10:13:13 am »
i would so go to a cosplay cafe >.<
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2005, 10:24:12 am »
Quote from: "Aurora"

Ohh...High school is fun and all, but it can still be troubling.  But soon enough (like when you are in college like me), you'll look back and miss those days.

BTW, man I feel old!

You miss HS? I got outta there early I hated it so much! I enjoy college so much more. It's been.... LOL... 6 years for me, and I can't say I've ever missed it, heh... it always seemed like people were always too concerned about what everyone else thought of them.

As for the cosplay cafe... Sounds fun!!

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2005, 10:43:33 am »
heh, i miss it, drama and band and my little groups... its been 2 years but i miss it
beware the ronime XD

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2005, 11:45:21 am »
-going into hs next year-
I wana dress up in school fuku everyday. :D And scare people.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2005, 06:39:19 pm »

LOL!  This is something I would to see.  or hear how it goes

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Dining?
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2005, 11:11:40 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"

LOL!  This is something I would to see.  or hear how it goes

I would like to see it too, but probably won't get to.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2005, 12:56:14 pm »
a fun place to coplay dine is todai, i went there for my birthday and they have all u can eat crab, shrimp and sushi, tempura( its a bit spendy about 22-25 bucks a person) and you can eat free on you birthday but it has some cartoon characeters on the walls and one looked like a black mage, we should go there on septber 3rd (2nd night of con)
(jaz you just saying that cuz you get to eat free
*smack! shut up jaz)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Dining?
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2005, 03:25:31 pm »
Todai is an awesome place! I ate there at one of the first meetings last year and I loved it. The crazy thing is I'm allergic to ALL seafood but there was still enough stuff for me to enjoy!

Especially the desserts!
Mmmm.... cheesecake bites.....

I'm kinda wondering about food next year though because the mall closes up relatively early compared to when most congoers are up and about. Anyone know any other fast food or mini-marts around there?

(I just realized that Suncoast is right in the mall, so if a dealer runs out of something people can run over there and check.
Somebody should warn them!)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2005, 04:05:24 pm »
Tom.
I just can't help loving you. <3333 -glomps-
My dad say's theres a good Burrito place near the Llyod center... -shrug- But I like Asian foods better... And Subway. :D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2005, 12:43:07 am »
But I like Asian foods better

I luv Asian food!!! but then I am 1/2 korean and my mother(who came from South Korea) makes some yummy korean food! ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2005, 08:07:50 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
But I like Asian foods better

I luv Asian food!!! but then I am 1/2 korean and my mother(who came from South Korea) makes some yummy korean food! ^_^

:D Awsome.
My mum's British...
-shrug- She puts money in my birthday cakes. xD

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Dining?
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2005, 11:04:45 am »
Tom.
I just can't help loving you. <3333 -glomps-

Thanks!

It looks like the mall isn't going to be much help.
I just checked their hours and it's worse than I thought!
They open at 10 and on Sunday they close at 6 pm! What's up with that!?

Here's what they have in the Food Court. I'll probably end up going there for something, they do have at least one asian food place.

Closest 7-11. Must have 2 AM slurpees...

A Plaid Pantry that's close

If you want to find other nearby places remember thatthis is the hotel address:
1000 NE Multnomah,
Portland OR

Next month I'll be doing a fact finding mission to that area. I plan on doing a particularly thourough search of the Suncoast.
Just after I get my paycheck...
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2005, 08:38:16 pm »
I <3 Slurpies.
Once I like, was really mad at my dad, and I had one, and I like, pounded it on the table (We where outside) And It like, sprayed all over my face. >DD There's Caroline and her awsome knowlage of gravity.

6 pm? ... That's stupid. >.> We'll like, stay hidden away in a corner of some deserted shop... And then! ALAS.
We can break into Suncoast and read all the manga until they open again.

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
Dining?
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2005, 10:13:17 pm »

6 pm? ... That's stupid. >.> We'll like, stay hidden away in a corner of some deserted shop... And then! ALAS.

It will be a party! Bring your own flashlight and bail money. :)
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2005, 10:16:40 pm »

... ... Am I the only one who suddenly remembered that scene with all the Ryo-Ohki going into hiding with the carrots in that one Tenchi Muyo OAV episode?

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Dining?
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2005, 12:22:59 am »
What about 'Goo'...!
It's healthy, and non-addictive.

If in the case that it does move, do not be alarmed. It is not an alien creature, and certainly not part of a much larger conspiracy via'ing for total domination. And even if those things were true, I am not a part of that organization.

So
Eat Goo!
Vitamen filled, with no preservatives.
Zombie bunnys are edible play toys

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Dining?
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2005, 12:25:03 am »
Quote from: "Magnus777"
What about 'Goo'...!
It's healthy, and non-addictive.

If in the case that it does move, do not be alarmed. It is not an alien creature, and certainly not part of a much larger conspiracy via'ing for total domination. And even if those things were true, I am not a part of that organization.

So
Eat Goo!
Vitamen filled, with no preservatives.

yah....but what about carbs...gotta watch my diet you know...
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dining?
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2005, 08:14:31 am »
Quote from: "riverspree"
yah....but what about carbs...gotta watch my diet you know...

i saw somthing on tv if you watching what you eat, to get a kids meal and their like healthy sized portions of junk food (really healthy when mcdonolds has hello kitty toys)
and i must say i love :D  that drawing for you signature, it remides me of a fan fic story where stepinroth gets a pug puppy