Author Topic: Rock Band Beatles  (Read 7133 times)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Rock Band Beatles
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:17:59 am »
Also in the new Game Informer was the great news that Harmonix scored the Beatles license. They say that they are going to make a brand new game from the ground up specifically for it and I just wanted to see ideas from everyone. I think it might be time for maybe a keyboard controller and who knows what else. The magazine's idea was double mics since there is two singers then that means one can sing Johns parts and the other can sing Pauls parts. Also, Pauls violin Bass would be sweet to play as a controller.

Same as the GH Metallica, posted in both Mew and Kumoricon forums.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Rock Band Beatles
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:08:10 pm »
Having a game that's just one band's music would be kind of lame.  Having a 50's/60's Rock Band game would be great though.

They should really start working on an Electronic (Techno, Eurobeat, Trance, etc) release; I would sell really well in European markets and in the Pacific NW and New England areas.  It would also be a great excuse to have the whole game programmed through MIDI. :D
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:08:50 pm »
meh personally I'm not that fond of the Beatles but I do like the idea do keyboard controller. that's a good idea. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:10:55 pm »
DancingTofu's idea is amazing, but I know I'd eat up a game of just Beatles music, especially if they included a few of their German songs :3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:14:25 pm »
hmmm yeah well now that I think about their german songs were pretty cool. I'd enjoy some of their music on one of the games but not one whole one dedicated to them.
da/tumblr

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 10:55:04 pm »
This news has just come out so I there's no way to know what they are going to do with it but I didn't think the response would be so negative lol. I will say that I'm glad harmonix got the license and plans to do something different with it because if it was made by neversoft it would be the same thing over again.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »
yeah it seems so. their music is something that's good but not something you want to play and here over and over again. I can't listen to a lot of the songs that are on rock band because I heard and played them so much. :/

but definitely the switch to a new company will really change it for the better. I hope they do something cool with the music for the most part.
da/tumblr

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:52:45 am »
I hope they don't make a Beatles only Rock band, I kinda doubt it'll do that great...
But I would LOVE a 50's and 60's music Rock Band, and a keyboard controller would be indeed pretty swell. :3

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 06:48:46 pm »
yeah it seems so. their music is something that's good but not something you want to play and here over and over again.

Oh man, I couldn't disagree with you more.  The Beatles was my favorite band growing up (yeah, a little anachronistic, but it's the only tapes we had), and I love their music so much.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:12 am »
yeah it seems so. their music is something that's good but not something you want to play and here over and over again. I can't listen to a lot of the songs that are on rock band because I heard and played them so much. :/

I love the Beatles but I think playing and hearing them over and over works the same as it does in the Rock Band Games. You said you can't listen to a lot of songs on Rock Band because of how much they're played, that ties directly into people only wanting to play songs they know and like. For example; I really can't stand the song, Eye of the Tiger and yet people love playing it, over and over, and that makes me like the song even less. If it's a song I like it'll take a while longer to have that kind of effect on me, but I like most of the songs anyways. What makes rock so much fun for me is hearing new songs and liking almost all of them, especially singing because then I get to see the words as well and that's something I really love. I think the Beatles game would have the problem with the most well known songs getting overplayed but it would take a long time for me to get tired of them.

I hope they don't make a Beatles only Rock band, I kinda doubt it'll do that great...
But I would LOVE a 50's and 60's music Rock Band, and a keyboard controller would be indeed pretty swell. :3

Harmonix stated that it's not going to be "Rock Band", it's going to be something completely new and I disagree with it not doing well. They may not be liked by everyone but they are probably one of if not the most well known group of musicians. There's a lot they could do with this game and I'm excited to find out what they decide on.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 02:50:39 pm »
I find most beatles music to be boring. I used to like them as a kid. Then I discovered AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 09:29:18 am »
When does this game come out again?

I am totally looking forward to playing some oldies even if it's all just one band. The Beatles certainly have enough songs I like to make it worthwhile to me.

I wonder what venues you'll get to play. I'd LOVE to play on the Ed Sullivan Show set, especially if that venue was always black and white!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:26 am »
When does this game come out again?

I am totally looking forward to playing some oldies even if it's all just one band. The Beatles certainly have enough songs I like to make it worthwhile to me.

I wonder what venues you'll get to play. I'd LOVE to play on the Ed Sullivan Show set, especially if that venue was always black and white!

When I read about it they had just announced that they had gotten the license and were planning on making a game for only the Beatles from the ground up. If they are making it now we might get lucky and get it for X-mas 09 or sometime in 2010.

I honestly hope they just throw every Beatles song on the game and if they don't fit or whatever they can sell the rest as DLC.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 11:16:42 pm »
8D BEATLES? :3 Love the idea of this.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 06:38:51 pm »
Here you go Tom I found this just for you today.

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

Hope you like, gave me more than a few goosebumps.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:28 am »
So just for everyone interested in this awesome game. The link for the Beatles rock band page has been updated and has new info and some vids. I'm going to post some vids jut in case you'd rather watch them on youtube. So here is the game shown off at the Microsoft press conference at e3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPucIgRB3Ow       pt1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOI5wDZ3qR8       pt2

Here's a trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgEmu9ARVA

That's all for now, hope you enjoy cause I know I did!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:43:52 pm »
I saw the E3 footage the other day and it looks great. I think that the three part harmony is a great idea, creating a system specifically designed to let you sing while you play an instrument.

I am going to have to get that bass as my second rockband guitar.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »
So this is supposed to be 30 out of 45 songs that are supposed to appear in the game. I just watched, listened but didn't count all the songs to see if there really is 30 or not. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrx6ZwAPhLs

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 01:38:02 pm »
i played it at washington square last week
it was the same as normal rock band, but everyone in the background took acid.