Author Topic: Guitar Hero Metallica  (Read 4199 times)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Guitar Hero Metallica
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:17:06 am »
So, whoever plays GH and/or RB knows about the GH Metallica that was planned. The new issue of Game Informer has an article about it and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about it.

Personally, I like it because even though GHA wasn't the best game, it still had the crisp look of GH3. The Graphics is one of the only things that bugged me on GHWT, the other was the character creator. I'm just hoping it's good because if this sucks then I think I'll be a RB fanboy lol.

if anyone notices, I also posted this in the mewcon forums so just copy and paste your thoughts for both if you want to.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
Re: Guitar Hero Metallica
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:34:30 am »
RB DLC fulfills my Metallica needs at the moement.
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:03:15 pm »
Yeah but does Rock Band DLC get you Master of Puppets? Let me get the confirmed song list so far.

Confirmed Songs:

Alice In Chains: No Excuses
Bob Seger: Turn The Page
Judas Priest: Hell Bent For Leather
Kyuss: Demon Cleaner
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Tuesdays Gone
Mastodon: Blood and Thunder
Michael Schenker Group: Armed and Ready
Samhain: Mother of Mercy
The Sword: Black River
Confirmed artists are Foo Fighters, Queen, and Slayer

Confirmed Metallica Tracks:
Enter Sandman
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Hit The Lights
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
Where I May Roam

There ya go, oh ya compliments of sdwashu for this info.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:50:53 pm »
yeah, Ride the Lightning is by far my favorite Metallica song. Master of Puppets is ok.
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:49:11 pm »
Ah then you're definitely better off with the RB Metallica. It's just kinda weird that Master of Puppets seems to be the most liked Metallica song. I don't know what mine is, I do like One and Blackened though.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 06:56:13 pm »
The solo in Ride the Lightening kills me every time.
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 04:45:53 am »
lol yeah they do have some killer solos. I guess as a Metallica fan I do like their pre-Black Album stuff more.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 02:30:44 am »
Woah really? I didn't know that XD
Nice to know. I'm not a hard core guitar hero'er or rock bander but it's nice to be updated ^w^

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 03:20:49 pm »
my hardcoreness has tapered off a bit recently. I have been playing GH3 lately though since Mewcon is having it as the GH tournament.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:10:38 am »
So it's the forth day since the release of GH:Metallica. Anyone have it? If you do then have you completed it? I want to get it but can't at the moment, I really want it and I want to play it. Hope whoever has it on the kumoricon forums has a lot of fun with it.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:24 pm »
Not worth full price.

The game is pretty good, they get extra points for the remake of One being as totally awesome as it is and the set list ain't bad.

Here's my beef with it. As someone who tracks his scores online, as in, on a website, not leaderboards... The game's largest flaw becomes glaringly obvious: After you beat a song in Career mode... You no longer see your best score. Yes, you see the stars, but when you're trying to one-up yourself, stars take a backseat to raw score. That alone made me return the game in 24 hours.

I don't get why people think I'm crazy when I say GH:A was better than GH:MT. Aerosmith was done WELL, really well. It tweaked the mechanics a bit from GHIII and was a very welcome addition to the series. Would I pay full price for a GH spinoff? I'd say no. They don't quite live up to the main releases. But they're games I'd recommend buying when the price point drops.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:40:27 am »
So when you say about not being able to see your score, does it only happen in career or does it also happen in quickplay?

I agree about GH:A, it was definitely how a sequel to a rhythm game should be; different songs, better game mechanics, optional improved graphics. I think people who simply say GH:M is the best is solely because it's called GH Metallica. These kind of people only care that it has them in it and don't care really about the video game aspect of it. The perfect rhythm game could be "GH: Country (couldn't think of anything witty)" and they would still say it sucks solely because of the kind of music that's in it.

I do agree that the band specific games don't offer enough song to warrant my full price purchase but they are still fun in their own right. I think from now on, whenever they release a game it should come with at least 80 songs, on disc, to be able to get that $60 price tag.