Author Topic: pre-registration question about using nicknames  (Read 3273 times)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
pre-registration question about using nicknames
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:19:51 am »
When I fill out the pre-reg form online, it wants first and last name.  So, is that what goes on our badge?  How do we get a 'custom' nickname on the badge?  Is that something we can email in to a staff person after we pre-reg?  If so, please post to whom and where we send our nicknames...

thanks!
The trick is not minding.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:48:46 am »
I'd accutaly like to know about this...
I'm buying my friend Corey's badge, so hen I regster, do I hav two that say my name? o-o; Is it possible to get his name on his? Pyoo... Maybe you just fill out a seperate form...

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:58:26 am »
yeah, I am still waiting for a response as well.  I also sent an email to the con email listed in my e-reciept (kumoricon@gmail.com) with this question, but have not gotten a response.  Anybody know?

I guess now that I have already preregistered, my question is how do we go about getting a nickname on the con badge?  Who should we contact?
The trick is not minding.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:19 pm »
Hm... I dunno. -shrug- I'll probably take a sharpie and like under it write my name in Katakana or 'Neko Chan'.
I might get in trouble for that though...

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 09:33:54 pm »
Last year, nicknames were allowed on the nametags, and were actually what we would put on the tags if that's what we were given.  In most cases we did receive used real names only if we didn't have a nickname in the database for those who pre-registered (though we do keep all real names so we can bookkeep and make sure noone takes your tag instead of you).

The fact that there is no nickname field is definitely something that's different from last year, and if I have my way, shall be changed.  Since I have no access to actually manipulating the registration form itself online (the electronic registration isn't going through me at the moment), I can't fix it just yet... but dangit, I want nicknames on there, and I'll do what I can to make sure they show up.  So much so that I will be messaging people as soon as I'm done with this post...

This means that anyone reading this who has already pre-reged, keep an eye on this thread... once nicknames become available, if you need your form checked let me know, and I'll see what I can do to make sure those nicknames get added on so they'll go on your nametag.

If you register by mail or in person, simply note what nickname you want on the sheet somewhere and it'll get on (I don't have a blank in front of me, and don't remember if there's a nickname field, but since hard copies are hand-entered, I'll definitely see it).

And no, Neko-Chan, you won't get in trouble for writing your nickname underneath if it's not on there... but we'll try to get it right the first time.  =^~.o^=

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 09:37:03 pm »
Karakarakara.
:3 Thank you! That was a big help. -does a jig-