Author Topic: Seeking fellow Sakura Con attenders...  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Seeking fellow Sakura Con attenders...
« on: February 10, 2005, 06:07:28 am »
Until recently I wasn't sure whether I'd want to attempt to go to Sakura Con this year. However, I have yet to miss a year since 2000, so I'm going to give it a shot. As long as I get a job by the end of the month, I should be fine.

Money aside, what I do have is a car. So I could potentially give someone a ride.  It's a compact, so I could comfortably seat 1 passenger; I might manage 2 if we scrunch (what with my excessive con luggage). I've had this car since early last fall and it's been pretty reliable.

What I don't have is a hotel reservation. I haven't looked into the Marriott yet, but the Hilton is full. I'd be overjoyed to share a Hilton hotel room.

I live in the Springfield/Eugene area, and would be willing to pick up someone on the I-5 route. Slight detours could be workable. I'd prefer to drive with somebody I know, or have at least met in the past.  If anyone here is interested, contact me right away and let's see if we can work something out. :)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:36:20 pm »
That could work. We need a ride and roomates...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 11:59:21 pm »
I'll be cking with my club on hotel reservations and rides for Sakura.  I can see if I can get you a hotel room.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 05:19:37 pm »
Cool!  Good to get such a quick response! :) Thanks, perhaps we can work something out.

Blackjack, I've met you... Kurimono, do I know you? Are you two together? Which club do you go to? And who in particular is looking for a ride? Blackjack, I know you live within a 45 minute radius, but I don't know which direction. I also got the impression there are other regulars in your area (for Kumori Con, at least). Is that true?

Apollo Justice

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 05:52:14 pm »
By coincenidice(sp?), Blackjack happened to move near where I live last year, but otherwise aren't together atm.

I personally go to the anime club at PCC rock creek campus(one I made).  

I may not need the ride as I believe someone in club can give me one but I'll have to look into hotels.  I may have opening with a friend in the club, but its a "iffy" situation as he already full but one may have to drop out of sakura.  If I don't get it, I'm thinking of getting a hotel room myself(at the marriot if they still have room) but then I'll be looking for people to help lower the cost.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 01:27:20 am »
Okay, alright... It sounds like your plans are still developing. Mine are too, of course.  I recently talked to Sailor Naboo about Sakura Con, and she said she'd look into getting me a room with Derrick (a.k.a. "DMan" or "DMStudios" on this forum), which is cool because I've hung out with Derrick before and he lives nearby.

Anyway, let's keep in touch about our plans.  I just thought it would be good to post here rather than the Sakura Con forum, since here I won't be talking to a majority of people who live in Washington and haven't met me. You know how it goes. :roll:

Apollo Justice

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 08:57:40 pm »
If you need any help with a room, if last minute things come about, I have an extra space in my reserved room at the Marriot.  I'd love to hang with you again.(this is desi, btw)  

Currently my room has me, my friend Jeremy, & my fiance Nathan. They're both really cool. And Jeremy LOVES to DDR now. ^^;;

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 11:20:26 pm »
So far, it looks like my club can offer rides for about 6(guessing) people if needed, and only two others besides myself need a ride & room.  However, I can't make a reservation til I find out when people are heading up to Seattle exactly.  I'll you know if I find out anything more.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 01:32:49 pm »
Yukimuzi:

Hi again! Whoah, you're engaged? Cool! Congratulations! :D

Thanks for the offer, as well. I'll keep it in mind, okay? Now that I've gotten some room possibilities, the next step is to come up with the funds...

Kurimono:

Hmm, are you saying that 3 out of 6 people are accounted for? Well, good luck with that. If someone else ends up needing the last remaining spot, don't worry about me; I have plenty of options now. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 07:26:48 pm »
I still have floor space in my hotel room. It is the clarion which is accross the street from the hilton. $10 per person per night. It is reserved thursday night, friday night and saturday night. contact me by PM or if you are able by yahoo messenger, omniwarrior@yahoo.com
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 05:16:26 pm »
Cool, OmniWarrior.  I'd like to PM you some questions. :)

Apollo Justice

dmstudios3

Radien
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 02:33:10 pm »
How are you doing?  I haven't talked to you or Beth in a while, so what's up (email me if possible).  I haven't talked to Sailor Naboo in a while, so if you get new information about the ride and hotel room thingie, could you possibly tell me?  If so, thanks!  We'll have to hang out again before the con!

Later

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 10:54:31 pm »
Looks like I might be attending Sakura con too after all, hope to see everybody there!

Offline BakazokuJoe

• Sailor Scout
    • http://bakazoku.net/
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 10:38:34 am »
I will be at sakura con as well!
What is your favorite?

Offline Lunarae

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 03:57:25 pm »
Expect University of Portland's anime club, Tengokuno, there.
SakuraCon '05 Badge Name: MyMy

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 08:37:00 pm »
Hey everybody, I've confirmed that I'm going to be able to ride up and stay with Sailor Naboo and company. :) Thanks for your offers! I hope that I see some of you there.  I started up a topic on the Sakura Con forums which was for finding Kumori Con people who are also going to Sakura Con, but it ended up becoming just a thread explaining stuff about Kumori Con. -_-;

Those of you here who are going, let's keep in touch and hope we run into eachother at the convention. If you know me, you'll know what to look for: keep an eye out for those two stuffed dragon heads. ;)

DMan:

Hey, yeah, it's been awhile!  I am, sadly, quite free right now, so I'm quite open to hanging out sometime before the con. I don't have your phone number in my new cell phone, so I'm not sure where it went, but I'll PM you my new number. My home number is the same. Feel free to drop a line anytime. :)

EDIT: Whoops, you haven't registered on these boards yet. Why not? *raises eyebrow* Oh well... no PM, then.  I'll go find your email.

Apollo Justice

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 11:29:01 pm »
Quote from: "BakazokuJoe"
I will be at sakura con as well!

Exactly ^_~

Offline DMStudios

• Cabbit
Radien
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 09:21:07 am »
Radien, if you talk to Sailor Naboo before I do, can you ask her if I'm riding up the the con with her?  I wasn't entirely sure, thanx.
There's no "I" in D-Man. . . .But there's an honorary YATTA!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 06:18:26 am »
Sure, I will. Unfortunately, she's been feeling really bad for the past week or two; I'm worried about her going to the con. As things have turned out, I'm actually glad she didn't do the cosplay director thing after all, at Sakura Con this year. It would've been really hard on her while she's recovering. At any rate, Taper should be able to give me an answer. I was planning on calling them again later this week.

Apollo Justice