Author Topic: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (and general discussion)  (Read 10848 times)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
It's a bit late for this, but I just had to make a thread for it :D I preordered my copy of WotLK (regular edition) and went to the midnight release...played it the same night 8D I really like death knight; the playing style is unique. Interesting to use runes and runic power versus mana or something of the like. I'm not very high lvl yet (only 69 on DK) so I can't say much about Northrend...except I like Howling Fjord A LOT better than Borean Tundra. I will probably take my DK up to 80, but for now I am focusing on my paladin; she's 65 at the moment and I just recently respecced her ret/prot. I'll be taking her up to 80 before my DK.

So what are your guys' opinions on the xpac? What do you like/dislike about DK and its playing style? And what do you think about Northrend? And if you haven't bought the xpac yet...what's stopping you from buying it? ;)

Any other comments/discussion about WoW (WotLK related or not) is fine as well.

PS - Awesome soundtrack is awesome :)

PPS - I know some of you don't like WoW, so please don't take this thread as an opportunity to bash it please~~~

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
Re: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (and general discussion)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:28:49 pm »
Since I am in a somewhat entertainment challenged area at the moment I picked up WOW to play for the month I am in Malaysia.  I also picked up the new expansion thinking that I need that to play also.

Guess I didn't need it as I don't think I'll be anywhere near the levels needed to go up in that area.   :-\

However, I have to say that game play is surprising on the limited WiFi we have at the hotel.  I have not done an instance yet, so I haven't really tested the limits of the connection.  The challenge is finding people to play with at the times I'm on the server (~2AM or later for a few hours).

So are there areas in the new expansion that a lowly lvl. 25 healer can wander around in?
Avatar is "Othar Tryggvassen" from GirlGeniusOnline.net

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:57 pm »
First off...YAY HEALS :D

Uhm sadly, no :( Northrend is 68+ D:

Out of curiosity, what class/race did you roll?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:24:28 pm »
I'm so used to playing clerics in paper & pencil gaming that I decided to keep it simple and go human healer.

The other folks I was running with had a rogue and a gnome fighter.

I've been basically playing solo since everyone else is offline when I can get back to the hotel to play.  Which is driving me crazy because one of the quests is next to impossible to do alone.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 09:55:31 pm »
Ahh...Alliance side, eh? I'm Horde :)

Yeah group quests suck when there's no one on :( the server I play on is 3 hours ahead and it's hard to find things late at night!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:01:17 pm »
The Vancouver folks I play with have both Horde and Alliance characters.  The question will be whether I keep playing once I get back.  It is nice to have a game I can run around in every once in a while, but I miss the team play of some of the FPS games I used spend a lot of time on.

Though I'm pretty stoked about getting a mech cosplay skit going.  I wonder if you could do a tinker gnome mech cosplay from WOW?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:45 pm »
Ah I see. What sort of FPS games?

I'm really tempted to do a WoW cosplay someday >___>

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 11:02:58 pm »
Tribes and Tribes 2 were my favorites.  They had capture the flag gaming in a sci-fi wrapper nailed!  Game play was fast enough to be fun and you didn't have griefers. 

Haven't seen any recently that came close.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 07:56:32 pm »
I haven't been playing it a whole lot but I'm playing on an off. I'm almost finished with Borean Tundra on my paladin and rogue (I have two accounts..) and am leveling a death knight with my mage, they're both in hellfire right now. I started Borean on my priest but waiting to level her too.

I'm thinking of buying the carpool mount (the traveler's mammoth that can carry vendors and 3 people) but at the same time I'm not sure if I should wait until I'm exalted with kirin tor so I can save 4000g <.<

I also went to go train new skills on my DK and realized at 70 we get our own flying mounts (yeah we have to pay for them) which I thought was awesome. Too bad we really won't get to use them until 77 though <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 02:27:20 am »
can't play wow anymore unfortunatly i picked it up, gave it a try but to no avail =/
It just doesn't have the things i want in a mmo anymore, severe difficulty, i remember crafting for weeks to make my lionheart helm and thought i was sooo bad with my OEB. Now adays any monkey with a calculator and vent can get mad purples =/
With a limited availability my gameplay ended when i couldn't meet the times for raids so i officialy "won the game" to my capability =( I want a new everquest like original everquest that was hardcore =D
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:11 pm »
I haven't been playing it a whole lot but I'm playing on an off. I'm almost finished with Borean Tundra on my paladin and rogue (I have two accounts..) and am leveling a death knight with my mage, they're both in hellfire right now. I started Borean on my priest but waiting to level her too.

I'm thinking of buying the carpool mount (the traveler's mammoth that can carry vendors and 3 people) but at the same time I'm not sure if I should wait until I'm exalted with kirin tor so I can save 4000g <.<

I also went to go train new skills on my DK and realized at 70 we get our own flying mounts (yeah we have to pay for them) which I thought was awesome. Too bad we really won't get to use them until 77 though <.<

I saw someone with the traveler's mammoth..it's pretty sweet-looking. Idk if it's worth the 4k g though lol.

My DK just dinged to 70 today...doesn't feel as awesome since everyone's shooting for 80 now :\

My pally is working towards 68 atm...about 3 bars til Northrend XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 07:07:42 pm »

I saw someone with the traveler's mammoth..it's pretty sweet-looking. Idk if it's worth the 4k g though lol.

My DK just dinged to 70 today...doesn't feel as awesome since everyone's shooting for 80 now :\

My pally is working towards 68 atm...about 3 bars til Northrend XD
Grats! How you liking Northrend? I'm taking my pally and rogue to Howling Fjord next since I'm done with Borean.

Haha, actually the traveler's mammoth costs 20,000g at friendly and 16,000g at exalted. I have the gold to buy it now but not sure if I want to.

My pally is 72, rogue is 72, priest still at 70, mage is 64, and DK is at 62. The rest are chars I don't really play or are really low level.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 11:47:11 pm »
Holy crap you have that much gold? Did you buy it or farm like there's no tomorrow? lol

I love Northrend! I actually managed to get my pally to 69 today so I did enough Borean Tundra to get me a nice blue wep (Axe of Frozen Death) and I'm going to Howling Fjord next. I'll hop back between the two.

And that's a lot of toons :O granted, I've only been playing this game for about 2.5 months ish hehe XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 05:27:20 am »
Haha, yeah I have about 25k or so. And neither, really. At 70 I did dailies every day..made about 200g per character and I was doing it on two chars at the same time..so 400g per day :P I also bought 3 characters epic flying mounts.. <.<
I've also been playing on and off since the game launched 4 years ago so I actually could have quite a few more than that.. :P

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 08:28:18 pm »
Wow nice! If I get sick of lvling and/or pvp maybe I should start doing the dailies...lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 08:35:05 am »
Haha yeah, I'm not sure how the dailies will work with Northrend, but the Isle of Quel'danas at 70 (capped so get that exp turned into gold) you could very easily make about 120g in 45 minutes. Add in another hour or so on top of that for the ones scattered through outlands, 200-ish gold for 2 hours of work wasn't bad. :P

I'm nowhere near 80 yet as I haven't been playing lately so who knows if they'll have dailies clustered like they did in TBC.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 11:20:44 am »
Well now that the lvl cap has been raised you get exp and gold at the Isle of Quel'danas. I didn't make 120g in 45 mins (I'm assuming they nerfed the gold amount? Cos it's around 3/4 g per daily now) but it's still easy gold compared to what I have to do in Northrend...smaller zone = less time wasted running around ^___^

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:03:38 pm »
Oh yeah, now with the cap at 80 you won't make anywhere near that on the Isle. That was at 70, because the experience from quests turned in at the level cap is turned into gold and added to the gold you already get from the quest. Every quest on the isle gave at least 8-9g before.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 05:24:16 pm »
Yeah :(

Now I'm just gonna do pvp and try to complete the season two (I think?) armor set for my pally (gladiator's redemption). I just bought the shoulders last night and I love the floating crystals <3
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:12:52 pm by laurifer »

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 06:50:22 am »
 . . .
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 09:53:45 pm »
*bump*

need help on where to farm netherweave cloth. Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 07:48:48 am »
So I cancelled my accounts since I pretty much completely failed to be interested in the xpac.. <.<

If you were on my server I could send you a very large amount..I have something like 3000 netherweave.

I got a ton of netherweave from doing dailies so I'd say go lay waste to the blood elves on QD. Pretty much anywhere in outlands with a lot of humanoids is a good place.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 02:17:05 pm »
Omg 3000 netherweave..want :O I've been laying waste on the elves on QD for the past few days lol

Awww :(

Winter Veil starts today!

*dances*

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 02:43:42 am »
Im SUPER annoyed with wotlk right now. It doesn't add on any time like BC did. WTF is that? I paid $70 for the CE and don't even get game time? As well as even the basic game is $39.99 and doesn't come with time. Seriously. Annoying. It's not nice to mess with broke people like that.

19.99-classic+30days
29.99-BC+30days
39.99-wotlk+NO TIME
69.99-collectors wotlk+NO TIME

Where is the damned logic?! Assholes.
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 01:45:12 pm »
Wow now that I think about it they didn't, did they? I never noticed lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D: