Author Topic: Manga Studio Debut Tips?/ Manga Tips in General?  (Read 6745 times)

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
Manga Studio Debut Tips?/ Manga Tips in General?
« on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:59 pm »
Hey there, I do a comic called Lunar Chronicals (warning, stereotypical storyline) and I am trying to find anyone else with Manga Studio Debut (or a similar product) who could give me some toning tips?

And anyone with some manga experience to give me some tips to improve?

Thanks!

-Luna
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:00:53 pm by mangakaluna »

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: Manga Studio Debut Tips?/ Manga Tips in General?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:49:15 am »
Hi again,

I may have mentioned before that my wife is a graphic artist?  A well known anthro artist?  A published artist?  A currently working on a Gemstone/Disney comic artist?  No... ???  Well she is.   ;D  Oh and we use Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Corel Painter, among other things.  Here is a sample from one of the comics she did:

Cover Image
Page 4
Page 5

It is the easiest for me to find right away.  Nabbed these from her commision site.

She has also worked on an on-line comic before.  I thought I would throw this out there since my wife (Shelley Pleger) is the artist, for these ones anyway.

Vicki Fox - Pecan Festival
Vicki Fox - School Days

Michael Russell is the writer of this strip and Vicki is his creation.  He isn't an artist so he pays to have artists draw his strip for him.  Still Shelley had a lot of fun drawing and coloring Vicki.  She has also been running The Unofficial Cats Don't Dance Fansite since 1997.  She continues to have fun with it.  She is also EazilyAmewzed on DA.

So, when are you coming to Anime Friday?
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:13 pm »
I use manga studio debut! I just started to use it seriously kind of recently though. For some reason, there don't seem to be a whole lot of tutorials or anything for it. Personally I'm kind of just experimenting to get what I like at this point. Haha, I guess my only tip would be to experiment then. Not very helpful. >.<;;

I kind of noticed that the help book that comes with it isn't the most helpful either. x.x

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:39:09 pm »
I use manga studio debut! I just started to use it seriously kind of recently though. For some reason, there don't seem to be a whole lot of tutorials or anything for it. Personally I'm kind of just experimenting to get what I like at this point. Haha, I guess my only tip would be to experiment then. Not very helpful. >.<;;

I kind of noticed that the help book that comes with it isn't the most helpful either. x.x

I bought the manga studio for dummies book, but I haven't read it all the way yet >_>''

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 05:37:20 pm »

I bought the manga studio for dummies book, but I haven't read it all the way yet >_>''

Lol I thought of buying that. It would probably be far more helpful than the in program thingy. <3<3