Author Topic: How about some lolita?  (Read 11145 times)

Offline sarah-the-strange

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
How about some lolita?
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:45:28 pm »
hey, I'm hoping *cross your fingers for me here* to make it out to kumoricon this year and get an artist alley booth, for a bit of changed scenery from doing AE for the past 3 years. 
My group and I currently specialize in lolita accessories, but will have outfits ready for kumoricon.
So I was wondering if ppls would be interested in seeing some lolita at AA this year?

you can see some of our current stuff on our site: www.lovemedeadlolita.com  It was just launched recently, and we are still in the process of adding ore sections to it and more features.

We are also open for commissions for AE and Kurmoricon this year. 
Adorable and Affordable Gothic & Lolita Accessories
wwww.lovemedeadloltia.com

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: How about some lolita?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:11:49 pm »
I would definitely be interested 8D There are also some other lolitas in the area, and some people geting into it, so heck, why not x3 Commissions sounds particularly cool... I'd love to order some things, but I'm not sure how I'll be doing money-wise until the con comes close -u-

http://Chihuahua-yip.deviantart.com also makes many sweets accessories, skirts, and some other things that sell pretty well at Kumoricon, so you wouldn't be alone 83

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:46:09 pm »
you give me lolita love I give you money? btw how much would these outfits cost?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:05:23 pm »
you give me lolita love I give you money? btw how much would these outfits cost?

depends, we're currently working on 2 commissions (first time we've had time to be open for commissions) so we still working out how much everything is for materials+labour. That and it really does matter how complicated it is, as we are all full time students.

we hope to have a good idea after Christmas: when the commissions are due.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:11:17 pm »
alrighty. I'm fine with that. I can wait till then. just knowing before con would be good because then I know how much I need to bring to buy. what are your size limitations on outfits you think? since the commissions are not due yet just gimme an estimate please. :3
da/tumblr

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:12:17 pm »
 the only size limitation is that if you are a large- Xlarge, plz give us your full measurements (with a bit of wiggle room) and expect a bit of a price jump compared to small-medium as larges take up more fabric= only reason. It takes the same amount of time to make, but we have to pay more for the extra fabric needed and so we just roll that into the price. That and we only make larges on commission, because of the extra fabric issue.

estimate? for a basic dress we're thinking about 75-200$ (all depeding on how complex it is: 200$ is our max and would have a lot of extra lace details, bows and embellishment galore and possibly some embroidery)
skirts: 40-75+ (that just depends on the fabric, since a skirt takes the same amount of time no matter what the fabric, plus we can add extras on request quite easily)
blouses: no idea yet, I only have one staff member who specializes in this, so that is up to them.

These are the prices we are generally expecting for AE in Vancouver too, but may fluctuate based on how many outfits we can get done in time, items that did not sell at AE might be marked down a little to prompt inertest so we don't have to cart them back over the boarder again. D: the car is already going to be packed.

after January we should have some samples from the commissions! :D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 05:37:03 pm »
SWEET. I'm excited. I don't think I want a really complex one just because complex isn't really my style and I don't think I'd have 200 dollars. 0_0 well I'm larger but I'm not large. might go with the large size but I'm working on losing weight so I'll probably go for a smaller size. what is the latest I can send in a commission if I send in for one?
da/tumblr

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 05:56:56 pm »
anytime after February would be good. One of the current commissions is for Kei-kon, so we'll really be cramming until after that's over. D8;

just so I can give my little team a heads-up, what are you thinking of?

ps: I also forgot to add that the prices are all Canadian. ^^; right now our US exchange rate is about 25%.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:14:11 pm »
alrighty. canadian is cool.

well I'm not quite sure what I wanted. I've got some idea's running through my head but I'm trying to figure out what I'd want. do I have to describe/sketch it for you guys or do I just say a theme and preferences and you guys go from there?
da/tumblr

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:09:05 pm »
alrighty. canadian is cool.

well I'm not quite sure what I wanted. I've got some idea's running through my head but I'm trying to figure out what I'd want. do I have to describe/sketch it for you guys or do I just say a theme and preferences and you guys go from there?

if you give us a theme we can come up with some ideas~ like sweet vs. gothic vs. classic.........

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 01:55:18 pm »
I'm thinking about commissioning...

I need to figure out if I can afford it. ~__~
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 04:20:38 pm »
@sarah
well I figured out what I want but I want to specify it in messages since it's for a secret cosplay. :3 it's pretty basic, but I don't have time to do it myself.
da/tumblr

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 05:14:57 pm »
the stuff you guys are selling is gorgeous! I love it, and I bet the people at the Kumoricon would love it too! yep, love it.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 06:30:56 pm »
@ soundninja: thanks! <3 everyone seems to be quite supportive and hopefully we will be able to make it to the con, as long as nothing messes up on the way~

btw: Would you guys preferred to see the dresses lined or unlined? No lining would be significantly cheaper, and its what we're planning to do to try to keep things as affordable as possible, but lining is also a nice touch. Oh, and what are the approx. dress sizes of ppl that attend kumoricon? Everyone in our little group is very petite (sizes 0-5) but I know that obviously not everyone is as tiny or as short as us! XD

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:53 pm »
I'm not sure... maybe some of both? ^-^ More unlined than lined? I know a lot of cosplayers are impartial about quality and lining and such, especially since a lot of us get hard on cash, but there are a few people that would go the extra mile for quality...

Our sizes... I'm not so sure o~o It'd be cool if you could do some well-shirred tops or dresses so they could fit a range of sizes |D;;

I dunno what size I am, but my measurements are a 90cm bust and an 87cm waist (HAHA I SUCK ._.) so... yes.... It'd be cool if you could have some things adjustable to a bigger size ;w; You could also suggest a good altering tailor around here, or offer to alter certain things yourself then mail them out later for an increased cost? If you can do that, that is. idk, just throwing out a random thought xD;

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:35:37 pm »
alright I'll send you a message now. hmmmmm lining does add a nice touch but I think I'll be fine with out though. others might like/need it though. :3

well many girls(no offense) tend to be on the larger side at cons. a lot are short, at least to me anyways considering I'm 6'0.
da/tumblr

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 08:11:18 am »
@ soundninja: thanks! <3 everyone seems to be quite supportive and hopefully we will be able to make it to the con, as long as nothing messes up on the way~

btw: Would you guys preferred to see the dresses lined or unlined? No lining would be significantly cheaper, and its what we're planning to do to try to keep things as affordable as possible, but lining is also a nice touch. Oh, and what are the approx. dress sizes of ppl that attend kumoricon? Everyone in our little group is very petite (sizes 0-5) but I know that obviously not everyone is as tiny or as short as us! XD

I know that I wear an 8-11 and I'm considered pretty small when I'm there. Then again, my friend who goes with me is an 00 and I think that's the smallest size (I'm not that in to dresses). So I think you'd need a really big range.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 12:14:06 pm »
I know that I wear an 8-11 and I'm considered pretty small when I'm there. Then again, my friend who goes with me is an 00 and I think that's the smallest size (I'm not that in to dresses). So I think you'd need a really big range.

well, my current pattern that I have is sizes 4-10. So I think that's about the sizes I'm going to do, otherwise fabric eating becomes an issue.

oslapedo

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 12:20:04 pm »
Lolita? Me and my sister would totally love this <3

Are you doing lolita dress commissions or are you making a certain dress already?

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 12:24:04 pm »
Lolita? Me and my sister would totally love this <3

Are you doing lolita dress commissions or are you making a certain dress already?

we are currently taking dress, skirts, and accessory commissions, and hopefully after all those we will have time for outfits at kumoricon! (we hope anyways! XD)

oslapedo

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 12:26:32 pm »
Could I PM you an outfit idea w/ pictures for a quote? :3

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:51 pm »
Oh, and when do youo think you'll stop taking commissions? owo

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 12:36:13 am »
Could I PM you an outfit idea w/ pictures for a quote? :3

pm away~

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:00 am »
Oh, and when do youo think you'll stop taking commissions? owo

It not really when, we're doing it by slots, as we seem to be adding more and more onto our plate with trying to produce enough merchandise for two cons this year.

We will take 5 confirmed slots for now, and once those are done we will be able to take on much more after June, as Anime Evolution will be over and we will have the whole summer to complete new commissions. But commissions wont be started on or able to be super offically confrimed until after Febuary, when we will also have accurate estimates.

I guess I should post all commission details as ppl seem to be taking interest now? :/ I'll post all that information by the end of the weekend.

oslapedo

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 03:51:41 pm »
I PMed you! ;D

• Cabbit
    • Love Me Dead Lolita
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 07:35:40 pm »
COMMISSION INFORMATION:

-we are taking commissions for lolita dresses, skirts, and accessories.
-we have *5* slots currently open for now (desses, skirts) more will be open for the summer.
- you can sign up now, but it will not be started on (sewing) until February as we already have a very demanding commission for Kei-Kon.
- we will not have super-official prices for commissions until February, when we can accurately gauge how much time/fabric commissions will consume. ( we try to keep it as affordable as we can, as we all know how expensive lolita can be =__=;) so plz be patient!!! I don't want to over charge anyone or have to raise a price b/c I underestimated how much time/fabric it really ate.
- I will send sketches of a design being requested
- I am totally open to other options to make it more affordable for you (eg: commissioned skirt + pre-bought blouse vs. commissioned full dress ensemble)
- you may cancel your order any time BEFORE I start working on your commission (I will PM you when I am starting your outfit)
- I do not ask for any down payment, but if you neglect to pay within 14 days after the commission has been completed (unless you are picking it up at kumoricon), your item will be sold elsewhere.
- We will not accept commissions that we feel that we can't complete well enough to be sold.
- You pay for shipping, we will give you an estimate once the outfit is completed (eg: dresses are more expensive to ship vs. skirts as they weigh more etc....)
- plz be patient!!!! We take a lot of care into making stuff as best we can for you to enjoy! Sometimes we have to outsource fabric when our local suppliers are all out, which means a bit of a driving trip..... DX and we are all full time students.
- Plz try to take accurate measurements with a little bit of wiggle-room. It's always better if something is too big vs. too small. If measurements were taken incorrectly, then there's nothing that we can do except refer you to a seamstress for minor alterations.
- If you are a large-Xlarge, then expect a bit of a price jump as larges eat more fabric (only reason). We only make larges on commission b/c of the fabric eating issue.

Sorry for all the crammed information!!! D8 anything I am forgettting?

We will have a sample done hopefully by the end of December (the holidays come way too soon....><""") and then of course the commission for Kei-Kon to show once that is completed......