Author Topic: Anime fan from Oregon on MTV's Made  (Read 69460 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Anime fan from Oregon on MTV's Made
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 07:57:48 am »
nice XD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:52 pm »
私のすきなたべものわアイスークリーム

私 も アイスークリーム が すき です。とても おいしい てす。

私もアイスクリームはとても美味しいと思いますでもおこのみやきは私の一番好きな食べ物ですよ!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 01:08:30 pm »
I ca read most of that.....I got a little lost after the I think part. I don't know a whole lot of kanji ;D I understand most of it though.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2008, 05:21:49 pm »
...sadly...I'm extremely lost...>.> Kouichi-Sensei!!! HALP! All we're learning in J-club is stuff we learned last year!!! And of course I understand they have to because of Freshman and whatnot...but what now?  :'(

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2008, 10:16:40 pm »
Get someone to visit to do a demonstration on how they draw anime?
A lesson on Japanese art?
A lesson on basic Japanese phrases?
How to read hiragana/katakana?

Study the history that a comic is set in and how the comic relates to it (Inu Yasha being set in the Feudal Era *Kamakura, Muromachi eras from what I can tell* Hikaru No Go being set in the Heian era, etc).

Basic lessons on buddhism?
How to wear Japanese clothing?>
Japanese motifs and what they mean?

Similarities between two different comics?

I hope that gives you some ideas XD It's just mind spew.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2008, 11:03:56 pm »
私のすきなたべものわアイスークリーム

私 も アイスークリーム が すき です。とても おいしい てす。

私もアイスクリームはとても美味しいと思いますでもおこのみやきは私の一番好きな食べ物ですよ!
Okonomiyaki is ssssooooo good. I can see why it's your favorite. It's one of mine, as well! ;)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2008, 04:47:05 am »
I only know of one relationship that lasted through high school successfully. It was my cousin, and they got married. They're the really rare couple that always seemed as if they had JUST started dating a week ago, though.

I suppose my wife and I are one of those rare examples.  I met Shelley during our second year of Jr. High.  That was when Jr. High was grades 7-9.  They actually switched during my first year of High school so I started 10th grade as a second year student.  Kind of strange when half the student body is "scrubs".  Anyway I met her in the library.  She was doing, what most of the artistically inclined among you do while in the library, drawing cute critters on a sketchpad, all hunched over so nobody can see.  At the time she was drawing mice (think Disneys Rescuers).  This was a few years before the first Rescuers film came out.  She also liked drawing cute rabbits, dogs, cats, and other animals.  Strangely enough we were introduced by her best friend, and my current girlfriend, Koren.  I think Koren was way ahead of her time.  Koren was Goth incarnate.  Coal black hair, white face, black lipstick, eyeliner, and nail-polish, a red scarf or a leather dog collar, knee high leather boots, and a skirt.  This was in 1977-78 when disco and rollerskates where in.  Shelley and I started dating in High School graduated together in 1981 and married in 1985. We are still together and doing well, thank you.  We have two kids (one of each) the youngest is now in college.  For the most part we haven't changed.  She still draws cute critters, and I still love animation.
wait disco and rollerskates have gone out?  When?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2008, 04:35:16 pm »
wait disco and rollerskates have gone out?  When?

They were replaced with RAVES and rollerblades.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Sukotto_79

• Cabbit
    • TheAnimeLoft
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2008, 12:40:55 am »

EDIT: HIGH PRIESTESS PIERCING!! WHOOO! I got my eyebrow pierced there! Well, it was in Eugene, but still.

Off -Topic but, High Priestess rock. I go to the one in Corvallis. I even used have my earlobes stretch to almost a inch, but took em out because I eventually need to get a real job. The Eugene crew is cool also. met most of them at there Suspention/BloodPlay Show at John Henrys . The do it every year in March there.

Sorry for going a off topic!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2008, 01:47:32 pm »

EDIT: HIGH PRIESTESS PIERCING!! WHOOO! I got my eyebrow pierced there! Well, it was in Eugene, but still.

Off -Topic but, High Priestess rock. I go to the one in Corvallis. I even used have my earlobes stretch to almost a inch, but took em out because I eventually need to get a real job. The Eugene crew is cool also. met most of them at there Suspention/BloodPlay Show at John Henrys . The do it every year in March there.

Sorry for going a off topic!

Sukotto, Haha. It's cool. I  went to the HP on 13th in Eugene. Tigger pierced my brow, and she was awesome. Everybody was so friendly, and while it looked like a relaxed place in the front, the back room where they pierce was like a clinic.  My friend had a nasty reaction when she got her ears pierced. They puffed up really weird in the back. They looked fine in the front, but the back of her ears looked like they had a small marble in them.

I don't have my brow piercing anymore since an Asian cleaning lady threw away my piercing that I was soaking in a cup. She either didn't notice or couldn't read my "DO NOT THROW AWAY" sign I had sticking out from under the cup ;_; That was my saddest moment at Sakuracon. Still it's funny.

Luna, I hope you didn't have that trouble.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:48:04 pm by lychee-twist »

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:43 pm »
I'm watching the Made episode now.. I hate normal people. lol. They just don't get it.. See, if I saw you walkin around in an Akatsuki cloak thing. I'd be all.. "Hallo thar."

Well.. i'll say more when I am done watching. Hope you (Diana) go to KCon in '09. :)

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2008, 02:06:36 pm »
Hmm. I liked it. cute episode. Makes me curious about all the kooky behind the scenes stuff that happened. But she had fun. also, everybody says how weird and freakish anime kids are and stuff, but for reals, it takes a lot of courage to step up and be the head person of the japanese club (i think thats what it was called in the program).  People are silly. My favorite part was when the guys hobby was "Workin' on mah truck."

Oh Oregon, you so crazy.

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2008, 07:36:23 am »
It's actually quite boring here...but us anime geeks brighten it up a little bit. ^.^

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
Omg...
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2009, 10:24:50 am »
I realize this is old as heck by now, but...

Watching that episode of "Made" only served to fill me with anger, I mean... wtf. What was so horrible with the way you were before? Do they think that male otaku don't exist or something and that there's no possible way you would've gotten a date unless you transformed yourself into one of the everygirl sheep? The only plus side of the upgrade was that you looked a little like Daria (you're not the only one who had crushes on cartoon characters). The latter upgrade for the prom had you looking something like Courtney Love and OMFG that lipstick was way too bright. It's like they were trying to convert you to the "dress like a hooker and lose your virginity by 9th grade" mindset. And I wouldn't wanna hafta change who I was just to find love, cuz most likely if the person didn't atleast share -some- common interest with me, we wouldn't last long. Also, I lol'd at their interpretation of "Japanese Pop Music." You shoulda sat your coach down and made her listen to some Dir en grey or MUCC.

Next on MTV's "Made" we kidnap a Visual Kei fangirl off the street and turn her into Ashlee Simpson!

Coach Barbie: I'm sorry girl, those purple candy stripe socks are going to have to go, along with that bright pink hair and the 4 inch thick goth boots, oh and we're replacing everything on your i-pod with Creed and Nickelback.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:56:41 am by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 12:02:28 pm »
You make a very valid point but keep in mind people sign up for this show. They are expecting to be changed. So they want it change. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, what matters is how the person ON the show feels.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:37 pm »
You make a very valid point but keep in mind people sign up for this show. They are expecting to be changed. So they want it change. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not, what matters is how the person ON the show feels.

Karma for you, Nikki :)

I'm an anime geek. I recognize this. When I'm not going to work, I'm usually in grunge jeans and a blue shirt with a farmer leading a giant rooster by a rope (get it? Yukyukyuk). But I like dressing up and looking like a barbie doll, if you will. It's nice to be recognized from time to time on a more widely social scale and getting looks from other guys. It's nice. I like to imagine I'm not the only one on this.

I mean, I do love anime, but I don't feel like I have to go out in cosplay every day or wear cosplay hats, anime t-shirts, or only talk about anime. I don't own a cosplay hat, and I don't wear anime shirts. If you came across me in the mall, you'd probably never think I love anime as much as I do.

To be completely honest, neko_goes_nyaaa, your comments sound exactly like the people on the show who were criticizing Luna except on the opposite side. Calling someone a hooker for wearing make up and a flattering dress is pretty extreme. Especially when it's clear she was feeling good at the end of the show. She might not have got her first target, but she found someone she had a little more in common with. I think that's pretty cool.

oslapedo

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 09:07:53 pm »
There's nothing wrong with gussying yourself up to impress members of the opposite gender, in fact it's human nature  :P

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:20 pm »

Karma for you, Nikki :)

I'm an anime geek. I recognize this. When I'm not going to work, I'm usually in grunge jeans and a blue shirt with a farmer leading a giant rooster by a rope (get it? Yukyukyuk). But I like dressing up and looking like a barbie doll, if you will. It's nice to be recognized from time to time on a more widely social scale and getting looks from other guys. It's nice. I like to imagine I'm not the only one on this.

I mean, I do love anime, but I don't feel like I have to go out in cosplay every day or wear cosplay hats, anime t-shirts, or only talk about anime. I don't own a cosplay hat, and I don't wear anime shirts. If you came across me in the mall, you'd probably never think I love anime as much as I do.

To be completely honest, neko_goes_nyaaa, your comments sound exactly like the people on the show who were criticizing Luna except on the opposite side. Calling someone a hooker for wearing make up and a flattering dress is pretty extreme. Especially when it's clear she was feeling good at the end of the show. She might not have got her first target, but she found someone she had a little more in common with. I think that's pretty cool.

I am another one like you. You would never guess by looking at me that I love anime and that I cosplay. Hell I have a Doony and Burk purse :P

I absolutely LOVE getting dressed up and wearing nice clothes. Wearing costumes out in public or anime hats is not socially acceptable at this moment, and no matter how much you say you don't care what others think of you its a lie. Everyone cares.

And what oslapedo said is also true. It is human nature to want to impress the opposite sex and at the moment for women that involves getting dressed up looking sexy (almost like a piece of meet). I'll admit that I don't like the mental image that society has on women at the moment but I still will follow it because I do one day want to end up with someone. And if dressing up nicely is what gets me there than so be it.

But as I said earlier I LOVE it ;D

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:16 pm »
My two main con buddies and I always crossplay, but we also like to dress up girly or have sleepovers with facials and sappy romance movies. I also don't like to wear anime shirts or hats that isn't related to my costume around con time. I don't have to be an extreme of either, but at the same time, who cares what others think?
I've even found someone who's perfectly fine with what I do and I didn't have to hide anything.

Me: So I'm going as another guy to Sakuracon...
Josh: Now I can say that I've kissed Death the Kid xD I'll dip and kiss you in front of everyone. I'M NOT ASHAMED. >:O

Lol

So, all-in-all just do what you love and don't worry about the rest. I think it's better to find someone to accept you for everything that you are, than toning it down or changing yourself entirely.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:02 am »
I fell like I've seen her somewhere...

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »
To be completely honest, neko_goes_nyaaa, your comments sound exactly like the people on the show who were criticizing Luna except on the opposite side. Calling someone a hooker for wearing make up and a flattering dress is pretty extreme. Especially when it's clear she was feeling good at the end of the show.

Sorry if it came across as a bit harsh, and I wasn't so much criticizing the girl, moreso what the show was trying to do to her. It seemed as though they wanted to strip off everything about her that made her unique and replace it with what -they- wanted. Who's to say there aren't guys out there who'd totally dig a girl who likes wearing neko caps and watching Full Metal Alchemist? Personally I find normal people to be rather boring. I'd prefer the other person just be who they are rather than change themselves to suit others. Also school and work are two different things, ya can't get ''fired'' from school for wearing anime shirts or having dyed hair, lol.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:53:13 pm by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2009, 10:35:23 pm »
@neko_goes_nyaaa - I think the show is called MADE because people are made over, in otherwords their appearance is changed, and they are turned glamorous, or at least made to look the current definition of glamorous.  I don't know if she had a make-up person apply her make-up or she was shown how to apply it herself.  It is common to apply to much your first time.  Also if you are going to a dark room or dance, you may opt for more makeup to be seen easier.  Ditto for being on TV.  What I am trying to say though is that the normal viewers of the show expect the person to be changed.  That is what the show does.   ::)

That being said, I think it would be fun to spend 15 minutes of the episode flipping the roles.  I want to see "Barbie" (OK I don't remember her real name, sorry, I watched this over a month ago) at an anime convention, looking oh so out of place.  THAT! would make it all worth while.   ;D  Who would we all have her cosplay as?  Beldandy from Ah My GoddessChii from ChobitsIno Yamanaka or Temari from Naruto?  Any other ideas?   :-\   Have her dance The Hare Hare Yukai dance in a sailor uniform with all of the other Haruhi's, or dress as Sailor Moon and pose?  Ah now that would make it THE BEST OF MADE!   ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2009, 10:40:57 pm »
I would totally watch that XD. I really want to see some episode where a popular girl is made over into an anime geek :P

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:55 am »
  I want to see "Barbie" (OK I don't remember her real name, sorry, I watched this over a month ago) at an anime convention, looking oh so out of place.  THAT! would make it all worth while.   ;D  Who would we all have her cosplay as?  Beldandy from Ah My GoddessChii from ChobitsIno Yamanaka or Temari from Naruto?  Any other ideas?

Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, no wait... Ed,
that would be more humiliating and humorous. ^^

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:39 pm »
To be completely honest, neko_goes_nyaaa, your comments sound exactly like the people on the show who were criticizing Luna except on the opposite side. Calling someone a hooker for wearing make up and a flattering dress is pretty extreme. Especially when it's clear she was feeling good at the end of the show.

Sorry if it came across as a bit harsh, and I wasn't so much criticizing the girl, moreso what the show was trying to do to her. It seemed as though they wanted to strip off everything about her that made her unique and replace it with what -they- wanted. Who's to say there aren't guys out there who'd totally dig a girl who likes wearing neko caps and watching Full Metal Alchemist? Personally I find normal people to be rather boring. I'd prefer the other person just be who they are rather than change themselves to suit others. Also school and work are two different things, ya can't get ''fired'' from school for wearing anime shirts or having dyed hair, lol.

Oh, I agree. Normal people are boring. But from what I gathered, and Luna will have to tell you for herself, she said she wanted to invite a normal boy out, and he probably would go for normal girls (unfortunately). Besides, it's MTV. Of course they'll doll her up Seventeen Magazine style.

My god, doing our own "Made" to a normal person like Barbie would be so much fun. I would say... She'd be a good Rangiku from Bleach. ;)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2009, 08:22:13 pm »
I really wish they would do that. Maybe a bunch of us should send them emails telling them to do it ;D

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »
I really wish they would do that. Maybe a bunch of us should send them emails telling them to do it ;D

Maybe in a special "The Un-MADE version of MADE"  or "MADE gone MAD"  Oh I know "MADE gone Maid" and dress "Barbie in a goth lolita maid dress!   ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2009, 09:16:45 pm »
It doesn't even have to be one of the made coaches, it can just be someone who is a popular and make them an anime geek :D

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2009, 07:53:08 pm »
Oh hay, this thread moved a little :'D

@Neko: The purpose of the show was to 1. Help me gain more confidence, 2. help me act more like a girl, and 3. get a date.
I enjoy dressing up, but I didn't know how to appropriately. I know that there are people who would like a total otaku girl, but not in my town. I wanted to go with a boy to a dance for once. Of course I had to get dressed up more than the average person- it's reality tv.

Btw: I would totally love it if my coaches got "maid" into cosplayers >:3

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2009, 10:24:21 am »
haay luna bby~ <3
I saw the episode :D and and and, I am totally in love with those heels they made you wear to school XD *brick'd*

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:42 am »
OTL

You saw it too?

XDD I still have the heels..

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »
did you achieve those goals on the show?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:45 am »
Watch it and you'll seeeee ;)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2009, 02:35:45 pm »
I should watch that episode again. It was very entertaining ^_^

they were having auditions at Tigard High School recently.....not sure how that went XD

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:43 pm »
lol, like this year?
Sakuracon~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2009, 07:39:03 pm »
yeah, one of my friends tried out for it.....I never found out what happened though =/

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2009, 07:44:33 pm »
Thats cool xD I didnt hear about it D:
Sakuracon~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »
*shrugs* I don't know what to tell you

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2009, 08:02:26 pm »
Oh well. I'm probably too sure of myself anyways D: *oh wow when did this become bad xD?*
Sakuracon~

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »
How phunn xD Lolx
I like goats.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2009, 10:04:27 am »
This is really late, but I just saw the episode online a couple weeks ago (I didn't have cable TV when this aired!) I thought it was great lol, I wish they would do that to me, haha.

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
I know my reply is really late:

I'm glad you liked the episode XD

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2009, 07:40:02 pm »
are you going to kcon this year?

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2009, 10:30:10 pm »
HECKYES :D

Still trying to figure out my cosplay tho >>
I know I'm being forced into some Hetalia...but other than that I just might go as myself =A='

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2009, 06:37:24 am »
hmm thats cool... I'M SOO EXCITED FOR THIS! hmm hetalia is good. yup yup. i'm doing pokemon theme, then maybe dokuro and sakura-chan from club to death angel*forgot the japanese name* lol

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:11 pm »
I should watch that episode again. It was very entertaining ^_^

they were having auditions at Tigard High School recently.....not sure how that went XD
I wish I had known about that. xD;;
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline LonelyBerry

• Cabbit
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2009, 05:39:10 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been posted on here before, but apparently MTV showed an episode whose aim to turn the "geeky Anime fan" into a "sexy dating diva."

Pretty well made, straight from Oregon:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/258613/anime-warrior.jhtml#id=1591114

(It's divided into six clips).

Anyone know her? I'm sure she's been to Kumoricon or Sakuracon a few times

Enjoy.
I remember watching that

^^^Clicky here xD

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:46 pm »
nifty

Save Caprica!!

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:31 pm »
Wahoo, I've got my hotel room :D I'll be at K-Con for certain now!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2009, 02:49:30 pm »
YAY YAY YAY YAY!
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...