Author Topic: FanFiction contest!  (Read 73657 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2004, 12:59:11 am »
Sweet!  So...how do I get on staff, then?  (You know, so this Procyon fellow doesn't think I'm some kind of crazed and credential-less wannabe...)

And, for the record, I've been to Sakuracon 3 times, and entered (and won) the fanfiction contest twice.  Both times, I entered two fanfictions; both times, one got panned and the other got lauded.  I guess it's a good strategy!  ^_^

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2004, 01:08:27 am »
well, having been your beta for your winning piece at sakuracon this year, i got to experience vicariously some of the thrill. thank you!

:D

what we should do is tell staze (ryan) that you are effectively taking amy's place as co-chair of fanfic programming, given that she recently determined that she is unable to attend the con this year due to school. i would also offer this status to blackjack if possible. try pm'ing staze; he gets back to folks more reliably than most on this forum.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2004, 01:25:40 am »
Co-chair of fanfic programming? What does this entail?

And I've already said I can't be a judge, as I have very little knowledge outside of a select few fandoms, so I wouldn't feel comfortable judging stories about people I know nothing about.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2004, 01:57:16 am »
blackjack: i was looking forward to your being a contestant again this year, so i had imagined you wouldn't be a judge. :)

most programming areas have only one chair. however, amy and i were elected, at the first kumoricon general meeting, to share the position of fanfiction co-chairs. initially, amy was first and i, second. then she went through process and announced she and i were switching who was first and second, around her school schedule. now, sadly, she can't attend the con at all, due to school. so i'm retaining primary coordinating responsibilities, but looking to share such. it would be logical, imho, to have those who are fanfic panelists, share in cocoordinating at least one of our projects. for example: filkaeris would be a panelist, but also coordinate fanfic bedtime stories. you, blackjack, could be a panelist, but also take a shift at the beta station. or be the person who actively promotes and solicits folks to attend the panel. or to aid them, via the beta station, to write their first fic.

hopefully (no pun intended!) hope (rabbit riven) is still going to start the zine.

hayley could choose her own adjunct project to being our youth/teen panelist.

each of you could help recruit authors and judges, perhaps?

well that's all for awhile, love, rem.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2004, 10:20:43 am »
Hope has said that the only submissions she got for the zine were mine. So she'll need other people's stuff in there too.

And I'm really bad at beta-ing. But I'm great at bringing people in!

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2004, 06:21:23 pm »
I would love to be co-chair.  Can I still enter the contest, as long as I'm not a judge?  ^_^

A few shifts of beta'ing and the fanfic bedtime stories are both responsibilities I'll gladly take as part of the job, as well as odd jobs and general shameless promotion.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2004, 08:46:19 pm »
Hi! nice to meet you!
:)

About the fanfiction...
I know there is going to be a contest, but will a congoer like me have a chance to read the entries during the convention? Or will it be posted on the site? I would love to read it....

if you would like to volunteer to be a judge, you could read the contest submissions during the con. if you would like to submit pieces to be judged in the contest, feel free; but you can not be both a judge and a contestant.

alternatively, you could offer to read, aloud, your own, and/or others', works at the fanfic bedtime stories session.

speaking of which, the more i think about it, the more i wonder if we shouldn't check in with sailor naboo, and see if we could dovetail it with the live action sailor moon slumber party. several of us wore pajamas to that :)

everyone: the likelihood exists that i may have to work on monday of the con. if so, i will need someone else to be willing to participate in the closing ceremonies, to name and congratulate the winners of the fanfic contest.
-A.I-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2004, 11:55:54 pm »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
Hope has said that the only submissions she got for the zine were mine. So she'll need other people's stuff in there too.

And I'm really bad at beta-ing. But I'm great at bringing people in!

thanks for being in touch with hope. we should all network about submissions. perhaps realistically at this point our goal should be deriving enough materials *at and via the con* that we put out our first issue of the zine, say, within a month of the con, while we are still in folks' minds; as opposed to aspiring to have it out in time for the con.

i trust your judgement; anyone you bring in would be more than welcome!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2004, 12:05:01 am »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
I would love to be co-chair.  Can I still enter the contest, as long as I'm not a judge?  ^_^

A few shifts of beta'ing and the fanfic bedtime stories are both responsibilities I'll gladly take as part of the job, as well as odd jobs and general shameless promotion.

consider all of the above. now you just have to go through staze for website access as a staff person, and possibly procryon

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2004, 11:29:10 am »
Quote from: "Oubeji"
...the fanfic bedtime stories session.

speaking of which, the more i think about it, the more i wonder if we shouldn't check in with sailor naboo, and see if we could dovetail it with the live action sailor moon slumber party. several of us wore pajamas to that :)

Weeell...since they're pretty differently-themed, I dunno...

Ooh, inspiration!  Why not schedule one on each night of the convention?  Then there's a pajama party both nights!  (One Saturday night, one Sunday night.)  What say you, men/women?

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2004, 12:18:49 pm »
That sounds good.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2004, 01:28:07 pm »
that's wierd, i think i had written all that (about the slumber party and the monday work schedule).....

i am probably going to have to work 6am to 2pm sat, 4pm to 10 pm sun, and 2pm to 10 pm mon.

thus i will only be at the con 5pm sat to 1pm sun, and roughly midnight mon to 11 am mon

i will need places to park and places to read over the submitted fics, and to know if anyone else could moderate the panel if it gets placed at a time i can't attend

i will not be able to attend the general meeting today as i'm in chicago

i don't know about next weekend's, as i'll be staffing a society for creative anachronism event in culver

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2004, 08:21:30 am »
after last night's kumoricon staff meeting i'm getting all the more excited about this.

we already have, preregistered, more folks than attended altogether last con!

now we just need to let them know about the contest and solicit folks to attend to participate in it

i have decided to extend the deadline for submissions until the close of the fanfic bedtime stories event on sunday night; it seems like a logical recruiting tool.

to turn in fics, come to any of our events, or to the beta station.

the beta station locations are as follows:

sunday and monday: the salem room. this room is dedicated to us all day and all night, so we should make the most of it!

during times we are not holding events here, you can even come use this space to polish up your submissions. pull up a chair and write to your heart's content. we'll be waiting for you!

the salem room is on the main floor. it is next to the stairs down to the gaming room, and diagonally across from the main salon.

it is 22 x 19 and seats 40.

the workshop and the fanfic bedtime stories event will be held in this room.

saturday, however, the con does not have this room.

arlene penrose is going to find us a space in the hallway, and set up a table for us. it will probably be in the spot reserved, sunday, for the band anguish of snails. check at information for directions.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2004, 08:51:35 am »
here is the event copy as it currently stands:

anyone and everyone is welcome to submit works of
fanfic from any genre, be they related to anime manga,
tv series, films, ova, or anime-inspired gaming of any
sort. prizes will be awarded, either at or promptly
after the con. this year, there will be a special
prize for best piece by a newbie: someone who has not
previously submitted to a fanfic contest. co-authored
pieces are welcome. pieces will be judged by genre
(drama/ angst, comedy, etc.) but may be entered in
more than one genre, as applicable.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2004, 10:25:14 pm »
contest will now be held:
sunday, 1pm to 3pm, in the salem room.

deadline for submissions for the contest is:
11:59 pm, at the close (?) of fanfic bedtime stories, sunday night, in the salem room.

beta station will be open:
6p-8p sat (in hall);

(in salem room for the rest of the times):3p-4p sun
8p-9p sun
9a-11a mon
possibly sun morning depending on my commute and others' volunteer time

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2004, 11:30:57 pm »
I have my entry all prepared. i was going to mail it to rev in advance, but she gave me her name and I lost it. I have eveyrthing else i need to put it in the mail except postage.

I have also e-mailed the entry to her, but she has not yet (I thinmk) had a chance to print it out.

Oddly enough, there is some fanart associated with my story. if I can get access to a color printer with adequate ink I may give it to the people as part of ym entry.

Two problems; it's long (13 chapters plus an epilouge/side story) and it features the CHILDREN of improtant anime characters (the heroine is the 16-year-old daughter of Lina and Gourry from Slayers). Is it eligible, or would it take too long to read to be worth judging?
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2004, 11:34:11 pm »
everyone:
good news!
emerald city comics, eugene's grandest purveyor of anime videos, manga, rpgs, action figures, wall scrolls, etc., has donated 4 gift certificates! 4 winners in the fanfic contest will earn one free manga of their choosing!

for winners who are not in eugene, i have arranged that i can pick up your selection and mail or deliver it to you.

michael:
i will make an exception for you.
i will read your fic, but i will probably not have time to provide the line-by-line review thereof, that i promise to each participant, until after the con.
thank you for your interest!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2004, 10:48:41 pm »
So, I guess this means it has to be in printed form, correct?

Should we make sure to add our names to the works?

And lastly, do we have to read them ourselves?

I have slight social disorders, and I get VERY nervous around people I don't know (I am going to this convention to try to rid myself of this, its very troubling), so, I hope we don't have to read them outloud.

This is under the assumption that I have read correctly and understood everything. From what I understood from reading this (I actually only read the first page and this page....im tired and lazy, LOL), all entrys submitted will be read to everyone in the room, then they will be judged and such, correct?

Sorry for all the questions. My fic is almost done, now I just have to print it out and stuff. Off to the Local Library I go (my printer died >_<!).

Thanks in advance for awnsering any or all of these questions.

This will be my first submission at a con, as this is my first con. I am anxious, nervous, and psyched all at the same time.

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2004, 11:23:55 pm »
No, you don't have to read them yourself. We're going to have readers there for that, if you wish.

But yeah, it needs to be printed if you want us to read it aloud.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2004, 12:42:11 am »
No, you don't have to read them yourself. We're going to have readers there for that, if you wish.

Ok, thank you for the help.

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2004, 12:52:40 am »

Are the readers going to be able to correct typos on the fly while reading aloud? Because I'm torn between reading my epic myself, two or three chapters at a time, or having someone read it to me and allow myself to listen to my deathful prose.

By the way, although this won;t affect me, is there a ratings limit on what can be read in Bedtime Stories? Don;t want to be blidnsided by unexpected yaoi lemons if I cnan avoid it....
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2004, 07:12:15 am »
I think it's PG-13...

Are we still having the 'after hours' one as well?

And about typos...what about a spell checker? You can find some nice ones online.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2004, 08:31:08 pm »
hi, everyone! :)
sorry it took me a while to reply; i'm in chicago, visiting my gramma (who is in hospice) and friends.

here are some replies to the above inquiries.

(a) hi, dustin! no need to be nervous; you're among friends and fans and peers here! and, we have a whole special category, new to kumoricon this year, which is for the best piece by a newbie! (i.e., a first -time contestant, such as yourself).  moreover, i and others from the fanfic staff will gladly read your fic aloud for you at bedtime stories, if you would prefer. :)

(b) i would strongly prefer for fanfic contest entries to be on hard copy. the primary reasons for this are that (1) i have a slight cataract, and find it hard to look at screens for long periods of time; and (2) i prefer to proofread and edit on hard copy, and for each piece i beta read or judge, i will be providing feedback.

(c) however, i will absolutely accept online submissions for the fanfic contest, **IF** either (1) the fic can be received by me no later than 11pm friday night, in my email box (rem_saverem_was_right@yahoo.com); and/or (2) you, or anyone else at the con, can guide me to somewhere within the con that i can view your fic that is online or is on a disc or cd.

i'll start a thread inquiring of the availability of such.

if needed, i'll go to kinko's with or for a contestant.

(d) there are multiple different events going on. the contest is totally separate from fanfic bedtime stories. of course, anyone who is participating in one is more than welcome to also participate in the other. and of course, fics submitted for the contest can be read, either by their authors or anyone else, at bedtime stories. however, each contest participant will be choosing for him- or her-self, whether or not his or her story will be read at bedtime stories. and undoubtedly, there will be folks who are reading stories (or having theirs read) who, for whatever reason, will not want to enter the contest.

(e) readers may correct typos at their discretion, so long as they are remaining true to the authors' intentions.

(f) the fanfic bedtime stories event is currently scheduled for 9pm to midnight on sunday night, in the salem room. at least the first 2 hours should be all ages oriented material (i.e. no harder than R, preferably pg-13). i would be totally comfortable with the last hour (or time after midnight) being open for yaoi, yuri, hentai, lemon, what have you...if, in fact, there were interest in that, and if there were no one present for whom that would pose a legal issue.

i'm thrilled at the interest!
be in touch!
love, rem.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2004, 01:33:56 pm »
I finally finished my fic, last night, after over five hours of editing and such.

I'll sending it into you today Rem (in fact, I will be doing it right after I post this), so keep an eye on your inbox please.

If you have the time, please read, review it, and give it a proper rating (Its Unrated right now because I didn't feel as the writer I had any rights to be the one to give it a rating).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2004, 02:30:19 pm »
got it in my email box, dustin

what do you mean by "a proper rating"?

i'm thinking i'm going to have to create another category: novella length fics.

love to all, and keep those submissions coming! :)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2004, 05:07:56 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
got it in my email box, dustin

what do you mean by "a proper rating"?

i'm thinking i'm going to have to create another category: novella length fics.

love to all, and keep those submissions coming! :)

I mean a proper rating as in "PG-13" and other ratings.

Mine has been left unrated because only I have read it. I think it will be high on the PG-13 or R rating.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2004, 05:16:50 pm »
Regarding yaoi, yuri, various hentai, extremely graphic violence, and basically anything above an 'R' rating...that is allowed after eleven o'clock, at which time, those under 18 will be cleared out of the room and badges will be checked for entry.  -_-*

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2004, 11:15:14 pm »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
Regarding yaoi, yuri, various hentai, extremely graphic violence, and basically anything above an 'R' rating...that is allowed after eleven o'clock, at which time, those under 18 will be cleared out of the room and badges will be checked for entry.  -_-*

perfect. thanks, honey.

i will be reading stories: at least last year's entries from wankybloke and wuntvor. in between, i might be peddling asian yummies. so, i might not be available to be badge-checker/ bouncer. do you have anyone in mind for this? were you going to do this yourself? oh and any recommendations for asian munchies/drinks?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2004, 01:30:18 am »
by the way: songfics and filks are welcome!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2004, 06:10:38 am »
congratulations to all my contestants! i've loved every fic. 12 of you are receiving awards, and all 20 of you will be receiving a gift of some sort. be sure to be in touch with me, if you have not already recieved your gifties!

can't wait to read your entries for next year!

also, i'm hoping each and every one of you will allow us to feature all or part of your fics in our zine!

so please be in touch.

and if you have not already done so, please remember to join our kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group!

love,
rem.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2004, 03:31:02 pm »
Are we all going to find out who won and in what categorys?

I'm anxious to know.  :D

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2004, 06:02:58 pm »
Well, I got Best Game-Based Fanfic for my FFVI fic "Ballgown Brunhilda", and my roomate Ket Makura got Best Adult Fanfic for her Metal Gear Solid fic whose name escapes me at the moment...

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2004, 07:28:46 pm »
Wasn't it called "Going Numb"?  Or something like that?

I won for poetry with my poem "Troublesome" (Naruto fandom, the closest thing to romance that you can get IC from Ino to Shikamaru), and for Short Story (I think) with "Rabbit in the Moon" (also Naruto fandom, about Haku and Zabuza's early days together, non-yaoi...aw, come on, he's like seven years old in this story!).

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2005, 10:12:02 am »
What if I can't draw?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2005, 10:00:06 pm »
Marth take a look at the dates before you reply to threads.  This thread died a LONG TIME AGO.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2005, 10:21:15 pm »
however, as fanfic programming coordinator, allow me to reply.

there is no requirement that one be able to draw to participate in any of the fanfic contests. there will be art contests that are separate from fanfic contests. and there will be manga collaboration contests. by collaboration, i mean that, either, someone could produce both images and text; or a team of folks could collaborate, with one (or more) creating the artwork, and one (or more) creating the dialogue, story arc, character development, etc. there could, for example, be one doing the drawing, and another doing the inking. no limits! and no requirements (other than not exceeding certain decency parameters).

if you have any further questions, feel free to pm me.

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2005, 11:27:32 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
Marth take a look at the dates before you reply to threads.  This thread died a LONG TIME AGO.

Soo

I'm reviving it

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2005, 05:13:52 pm »
So whats going on with this Fanfiction contest? Im really interested. What are the rules, can we do fanfictions with chapters or a just one shot type of thing? How long how short? Going by chapters or by page length. I need details! >< What will the judges be looking for?

e-mail me with all the details if n e one knows, silver_flower_16@yahoo.com or IM me on Aim at chibikimiski

I REALLY wanna do this one!  :shock:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline ~Moon-Daisuki

• Oni
Fanfic guidelines?
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2005, 02:17:29 am »
Hey, I am kind of curious about this too. I write Sailor Moon fanfic and wouldn't mind entering if I knew more about the categories.

If someone would be willing to share the information I would consider entering.  I could not find any information on the main kumoricon site.

I have not entered any contests as of yet, but I considered it for Sakura Con and then chickened out.  Now I think I can do it........ :oops:

~Moon-Daisuke

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FanFiction contest!
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2005, 02:33:57 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
So whats going on with this Fanfiction contest? Im really interested. What are the rules, can we do fanfictions with chapters or a just one shot type of thing? How long how short? Going by chapters or by page length. I need details! >< What will the judges be looking for?

e-mail me with all the details if n e one knows, silver_flower_16@yahoo.com or IM me on Aim at chibikimiski

I REALLY wanna do this one!  :shock:

hi! thanks for your interest. i will also email you, in case you infrequently check the forum, and i'll invite you to our kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group! it is within this group that such things are decided, usually by consensus.

there will be several fanfiction contests.

first is the one in which folks can submit their fic prior to the con.
i will be asking the yahoo group to help me set the rules for that this weekend, and posting them next week.

however, in answer to your specific queries:
fanfictions with multiple chapters, and/or over 10 pages in length (doublespace), will be reviewed in a separate category: novella. there will be two novella contests. novella-length entries received prior to the deadline (which will be mid-august), will be reviewed before the con, and the winner in that contest will be announced at closing ceremonies at kumoricon. novella-length entries received after that date--including at the con--will also be accepted, but will be considered a separate pool, and a winner for those will not be determined until a week or two after the con.

there is no minimum length for an entry.
there is no maximum length for an entry.

some contests will be held on-site, with topics determined on-site.

some contests will be judged by peer review (participants select a favorite). some will be judged by audience review, including peers. some will be judged by peer/audience and me. some will be judged only by me.

generally, the peer and audience awards tend to be around overall impact on those listening to or reading the fics--whether that be humorous or poignant. we have several events in which fics are read aloud. one is called "scenes from a hat" ...each author selects a concept, storyline idea, or phrase and puts it in the collection. each author draws an item from the collection, which has to become either a theme or a line within their fic. they can then write any kind of fic from any source, but only for the amount of time of the contest (between 30 and 60 minutes, decided by participants). after each has written, each then reads the fic to the others, and by peer acclaim, a winner is determined.  

another event is what we in kumoricon fanfic are most famous for: fanfiction bedtime stories. basically it's a slumber party atmosphere, very friendly and inclusive, with pj's and toys and blankets and snacks, in which folks read their fics to each other.  there are prizes for performance as well as for different genres.

this year, we are introducing a new concept into the fanfic bedtime stories modality: fanfic theatre: we will be cosplaying our fics!

more on this as it develops........hope that helps with your questions!

oh and in my own judging, i evaluate based on overall impact, character continuity, and creativity. i do evaluate language arts skills, but that is not my primary focus. i particularly value authors who provide sufficient backstory that readers unfamiliar with the canonic material would still be able to follow along with the story and care about the characters, and desire to familiarize themselves with the cano as a result of reading the fic.

looking forward to meeting you and hope to see you in the fan creation station!

love
rem.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fanfic guidelines?
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2005, 02:37:58 pm »
Quote from: "~Moon-Daisuke"
Hey, I am kind of curious about this too. I write Sailor Moon fanfic and wouldn't mind entering if I knew more about the categories.

If someone would be willing to share the information I would consider entering.  I could not find any information on the main kumoricon site.

I have not entered any contests as of yet, but I considered it for Sakura Con and then chickened out.  Now I think I can do it........ :oops:

~Moon-Daisuke

how wonderful! i love sailor moon.....actually i fell in love with it because of the live action sailor moon slumber party sailor naboo threw at kumoricon 2003!

please review my reply to the above author, and please join us!
there is also a wonderful fanfic author who is seeking folks to help her cosplay her fanfic at fanfic theatre! would you like to help her out? i would love to connect the two of you :)

oh and please note! i have a special prize that i give at the con...my favorite prize, truth be told: overall best newbie. this is an award specifically designed to encourage the participation of folks who might not have braved it before! you are so very welcome to participate in everything we are doing! in fact, come run an event, if you wish!