Author Topic: Your AA Manger for 2009  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
Your AA Manger for 2009
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:18:31 pm »
My name is Jennifer Cox and I am you AA manager for Kumoricon 2009. Most you here know me and I have talked with at one point or another (I was the artist last year with the painted wall scrolls if that helps). I thought I would take a moment to say a little about myself:

-I have been with Kumoricon since 2006 as an artist.
-I work as a part-time Editorial assistant and freelance artist
-Graduated from Portland State with a BA in Anthropology in 2006

I look forward to working everyone and making 2009 a fantastic year; one to be remembered (but not because things went down the chute...)

Registration for table spaces will be opening here soon. Once this is available, it will be announced. We are looking at offering both full tables and half-tables. I would like to know if people are needing power or not at their booths. Once I have a walk through and determine booth size and how many, I will have more information available for the public.

If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns please email me first at relations@kumoricon.org or you can PM me here at the forum. I should have a response to you within 24-36 hours. Please put in your subject "Artist Alley Question" "Artist Alley Rocks" or something in there about Artist Alley so I can reply in a timely manner.

Also, I will not accept bribes unless they involve something with dark chocolate, grenade launchers, and/or cute guys. ;)

I would like to leave you with a question and you can respond at will: What are your expectations for Artist Alley this year?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Your AA Manger for 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:34:09 pm »
Thanks for being so friendly and welcoming. 
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:58 am »
I like to make sure expectations are pretty straightforward..I show you mine and I hope in turn you show me yours...sorta speak. ;)

Seriously, Eric set a high standard when it comes to being a AA manager, so I hopefully can take some queues from that.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:46 pm »
I like to make sure expectations are pretty straightforward..I show you mine and I hope in turn you show me yours...sorta speak. ;)

Seriously, Eric set a high standard when it comes to being a AA manager, so I hopefully can take some queues from that.

Great pun, even if unintended!

cues vs. queues i.e. long lines to wait in.....
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:16:57 pm »
Also, I will not accept bribes unless they involve something with dark chocolate, grenade launchers, and/or cute guys. ;)

Seriously, Eric set a high standard when it comes to being a AA manager

yes this means only dark GERMAN chocolate.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline soupisgreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:58:02 pm »
Thank you for taking on the responsibility. I'm very happy we have an new AA manager.

I would like to leave you with a question and you can respond at will: What are your expectations for Artist Alley this year?
The only things I expecting are exactly what you said, that we will be informed when AA opens and all inquiries will be dealt with in a timely manor. Oh, and that I'll have a great time, but that happens whenever anyone expresses any appreciation of what I do, so there's no worries there.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14:38 pm »
Oh snap, how awesome is this! An exciting change , considering not only have you always seemed so very level headed, but you've been to the Kumoricon AA enough to know what it's all about <3.

I will say that if I get a table, (and I'll be partnering up with Patches once again) we'd like power if at all possible.

My expectations:

The only thing that really matters to me is good solid communication. An AA coordinator doesn't have to offer water, or cookies, or hover around like a mother hen, all they have to do is be there for those who want help or have questions. Just someone who's mature, and an adult and can be neutral should anything serious arise. I have no doubt you'll handle everything quite well and I am inexplicably excited about you being the new AA manager! I'll be scouring the forums when tables open up ;).

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:46 pm »
aww, shucks, you're too nice.  :D

Thanks for your input. I did a walk through today with our awesome Facilities Liason, David. There are some electrical outputs, so there should be power at most tables. Keep in mind, nothing is set in stone at this time.

If can I have it my way (..nudge nudge), I am hoping to have at least one person(AA specific beyond just Yojimbo) on shift at all times to offer assistance and to make sure nothing blows up, sort of speak. I know how wild all you artists can get--  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:33:27 pm by Evaldas »