Poll

Would you rather, as a Lumberjack 100 feet up a large tree,suddenly...

come upon a hive of bees
1 (25%)
or come across an angry nesting eagle
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 13, 2008, 11:08:18 pm

Author Topic: Zobmondo 002 (slightly painful)  (Read 1913 times)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Zobmondo 002 (slightly painful)
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:08:18 pm »
Yay, time for more Zobmondo! For this question assume that you are not allergic to either bees or eagles, because then your vote won't be on just because you can't be touched by the other. From now on in my facts/funny stories/quotes part (this part), when they start words in parenthesis will be said from the book, my own tidbits will have *star things* around them. More discussions would be great I think.

A bee fact(not good for lumber jacks): The average bee hive has up to 120,000 bees (each with a stinger). That's a lot, at any height.

A bee fact(interesting but not the least bit helpful to lumberjacks): More people are killed each year by bees than by sharks.*I think because more people are allergic to bees*

An eagle fact:*I think more like a story*Al Gore received a letter from a texas couple complaining that the Clinton administration was slashing funding for programs, which would endanger the texas eagle. Al
Gore wrote back, sharing his concern with the couple and assuring them that he had always, and would continue to fight, to save endangered species.
     opps. the texas eagle is not a bird. it is an airplane shuttle that runs to Illinois. The couple used it to visit their grandchildren.

An eagle fact(of no value to lumberjacks but really quite amazing) Eagles have sex while cruising at up to 60 mph in flight. And it's not unusual for both eagles to slam into the ground before they finish. Wow! Talk about a climax!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: Zobmondo 002 (slightly painful)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:48:03 pm »
This is confusing. Make it less confusing.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:49:13 pm »
what's confusing about it?

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:49:51 pm »
For this question assume that you are not allergic to either bees or eagles, because then your vote won't be on just because you can't be touched by the other. From now on in my facts/funny stories/quotes part (this part), when they start words in parenthesis will be said from the book, my own tidbits will have *star things* around them. More discussions would be great I think.

A bee fact(not good for lumber jacks): The average bee hive has up to 120,000 bees (each with a stinger). That's a lot, at any height.

A bee fact(interesting but not the least bit helpful to lumberjacks): More people are killed each year by bees than by sharks.*I think because more people are allergic to bees*

An eagle fact:*I think more like a story*Al Gore received a letter from a texas couple complaining that the Clinton administration was slashing funding for programs, which would endanger the texas eagle. Al
Gore wrote back, sharing his concern with the couple and assuring them that he had always, and would continue to fight, to save endangered species.
     opps. the texas eagle is not a bird. it is an airplane shuttle that runs to Illinois. The couple used it to visit their grandchildren.

An eagle fact(of no value to lumberjacks but really quite amazing) Eagles have sex while cruising at up to 60 mph in flight. And it's not unusual for both eagles to slam into the ground before they finish. Wow! Talk about a climax!
This.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:00:21 am »
Oh, so first of all, in the spirit of this game you try to answer the question and explain your answer without using certain things to make your answer easy. I said the allergic thing so that if someone is allergic to bees then they can assume they aren't and can therefore make a purely unbiased answer. Someone says "I choose the eagle because I'm allergic to bees", just doesn't fall into what this game wants as an answer. I think it's just so that you can ask people these weird questions and then discuss exactly why you think the eagle choice is better than the bee choice. it is kinda weird but I like it.

As for everything past the first paragraph, those are just facts or stories that are just random and sometimes informative, before I read it I just assumed that eagles had sex in their nests, not while flying at 60 mph. The Al Gore thing is just a story that's supposed to be funny, that one isn't the best and I hope I can put what I think is the best one when the question comes up.

Does this explain it better?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:04:00 am by guitarherolover32 »

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:17:33 am »
The question is the poll, my first post is just random tidbits of weird info. After you put your answer you discuss why you chose that answer, so in my case; I chose to come across a eagle because you could guard yourself better from an eagle than a hive of bees, you can see this giant eagle in front of you, trying to kill you but with bees you are probably just constantly getting stung, I would just hope they are honeybees though.
Now other people can say why they chose what they chose, although no one's chosen the bees yet. Should I keep it as a poll or should I just ask the question in a post? I did the poll just because it keeps track of how many people voted for what.
I think I am off to sleep though, laters K-con.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:20:49 am »
Bee's are fuzzy and small.
Eagles are big and scary.
I choose bee's. <3

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:54 am »
lol, yeah a giant bird screeching right in front of your face would be terrifying. I think now would be the time to try to determine what hurts more, bee stings or eagle pecks, although I'm sure they'd do more than peck, they might get a good meal out of you lol.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 11:57:18 pm »
bees?
I miss 2010.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 12:33:14 am »
Halp! I'm covered in beeeees
[/Eddie Izzard reference]
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 12:43:02 am »
I choose the Eagle.  I can wrestle with an eagle whilst leaping from tree-to-tree.  I can't wrestle with 1,000,000+ bees. :[
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 10:14:01 pm »
It doesn't say you have to annoy the hive. You can hide. :D
I miss 2010.