Author Topic: recording for skits  (Read 2775 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
recording for skits
« on: November 23, 2008, 04:05:56 pm »
so my friends and I are making a skit for kumoricon 09 and we figured we're going to need to record our voices instead of using mic's like we did last time. we were wondering how most people record their dialogue for their skit, if theirs a special place/service to go to for it, or if theirs some basic equipment we could use to do so? anything else we should just know about it.

and in the future we might need some extras for a certain part in the skit but for now we're still editing and revising it.

~Thanks
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
Re: recording for skits
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 04:36:49 pm »
I don't have much experience in sound editing, but I know that Audacity is a free audio-editing program.

Also, the room you record in matters.  If you're in a big room with a lot of echoes, it'll lower the quality.  The ideal room would have walls padded with carpet or something, but it's not likely you have one of those available. o.O

Also, please keep me in mind if you need extras. >.>
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: recording for skits
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:39:52 pm »
I don't know if we'll be doing to much editing. mostly just recording it all. I actually think we might have found a place to record which is really great. already has everything set up and what not.

and you won't be forgotten. we need to find out first from staff if it is okay for extras and what are the preferences and what not. thanks for the info. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM