Author Topic: 2009 Board Elected Directors Process  (Read 4312 times)

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
2009 Board Elected Directors Process
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:46:09 pm »
The deadline for submissions of application materials has now passed. Further applications will not be accepted unless a position is not filled in the first round.

All,

Now that we have the 5 staff elected Directors seated, I'd like to start taking submissions for Resumes, Qualifications, Letters of Intent, etc. for All board elected Positions.

These are (in no particular order): Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and Facilities Liaison.

Please submit any documents you wish to have read and discussed by the board with regards to applying for these positions to me, Ryan Stasel, Acting Secretary, by Oct. 19th at 11:59pm.

Please email them to me at secretary@altonimbus.org.

I will be holding them until Oct. 20th, at which point I will turn them all over to the board as a whole, for review. There will be no preferential treatment for those that turn in their application materials earlier than others, or conversely later than others. You do not need to be on the "recommendation list" to submit material for review (but please, do not submit your name and materials unless you're serious about wanting a job).

For the actual election of these positions, the intent at this point is to repeat the process that happened last year. Only the 5 staff elected directors will be voting to elect these 4 positions.

Thank you very much, and I/we look forward to seeing those applicants.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:41:42 pm by staze »
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2009 Board Elected Directors Process
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:43:56 pm »
Ok, I'm confused....I thought some people (at least Jo) already submitted some materials indicating interest and qualifications....do they need to do it again? or change it to resume format?

And I'm confused as to why Founders aren't involved in this vote?

Sorry for the confusion....
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »
The previous threads were for the positions which were up for being changed to staff-elected positions, so the elections could be held the same day. This is for all 4 board-elected positions.

The founders don't have a board vote per the bylaws, though can attend the board meetings and other board discussions. The bylaws are ambiguous about whether the 4 board-elected positions vote on their replacements, so by voluntary agreement just as last year, only the 5 staff-elected board members are voting.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:09:16 am »
yeah, Jeff pretty much summed it up.

The main reason Peter isn't heading up this one as well is he was reluctant to take on more work.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
Okay
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »
I've submitted my information as requested.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"