Author Topic: I'm going to my first anime convention...  (Read 5373 times)

Pen

I'm going to my first anime convention...
« on: January 26, 2005, 04:49:31 pm »
Well, One, In April in Seattle, and one, In Portland, but thats alll the way in
September. Anyways. So, I was reading some thing and it was like "Register in advance"
So I was wondering, Should I register in advance, or at the door, Does it matter?  :roll:

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 06:23:30 pm »
I would register in advance, the reasons being:

1) it's cheaper
2) less hassle when you get there (you're already on the list and a shorter line to get in)
3) you don't have to worry about getting turned away when you get there (as sometimes - last Kumoricon for example - they get more people than they have room for)

Offline Taie-Chan

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:35:47 pm »
Oh. How much does it cost when
1. registered in advance
2. at front door
       :?:

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 05:25:11 pm »
Right now you can pre-reg for $25. This is the cheapest price they had last year, but it was availible much later in the year. Last year door prices were around $50-60 or something simular. This year will probably be signifigantly more since they have more people estimated to show up and therefore need more funds and probably hope to make more money.
Bunny
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
    • http://tundraflame.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 06:28:17 pm »
Sakuracon's prices vary from Kumoricons so you should also go check out their website. I'd recommend pre-reg if you're most likely going to go for two to all three days of any con. Much, much cheaper that way.

Offline Taie-Chan

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 09:59:19 pm »
Ah. F***. Thats sort-of costly. Haha.  Damn. I could afford my own ticket, but my mom wouldn't lemme go alone, and she wouldn't pay that much for herself o_o; The curses of being young, never able to go anywhere alone.
Grr. -_- Well, I live in Portland, so I was excited to here there was a con here, but of course it has to be costly. Eh. I could buy a lot of used clothes for that price. Mom wont lemme go, I know she wont. -swears-

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 04:55:33 pm »
Pre-reg prices right now are $25, at the door prices are probably going to be between $35-$45.
~Sean Larson~

Offline BakazokuJoe

• Sailor Scout
    • http://bakazoku.net/
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 03:20:40 pm »
You have to attend Kumori con, it is truly the best convention.  I have been to a lot of conventions and my favorite will always be Kumori!
What is your favorite?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 03:51:57 am »
Taie-Chan:

Your mother would never agree to $25?... Well, that's not good, because it's definitely cheaper than the average con pre-reg. o_o If you have trouble convincing her, tell her that most people who go to these treat it as a road trip, or even a mini-vacation. If you don't even have to leave the city... well... you certainly have it good. It's not going to get much better than that. I hope you can go.

BakazokuJoe:

Whoah, after seeing you at Sakura Con for years and years, that sure feels like a big compliment!  It's too bad you guys live too far away to be on the year-round staff, but we'll be looking forward to seeing you at next con. :)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice