Author Topic: Friday October 17: Fright Town at the Portland Memorial Coliseum around 10 pm.  (Read 4556 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
The title says it all doesn't it?

http://www.frighttown.com/

Fright Town is not the scariest of biggest Haunt in the area but it is the home of what I think is the most fun "haunt". Baron VonGoolo's Museum of Horrors.

VonGoolo's always has a weird theme in addition to crazy fun stuff. Anyway, I didn't want to miss out on it this year so I made this plan with Vallie.

We'll be heading over there after she gets out of work next week so we should arrive at the colliseum around 10pm next Friday. Everyone's invited. Costumes optional (but please wear something.  ;) )
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
damn. I don't think I can go. it sounds like tons of fun though.  hmmmmm maybe I can work something out.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
Unfortunately it would be terribly bad of me to go XP ... since I happen to work in the best haunted house in Oregon :3
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
It would only be bad of you to go if you're WORKING that night.

Besides, vongoolo's is in a world of its own. I'm sure Scream at the Beach blows the other two away but I gotta give props to Vongoolo's museum. He's always got some really fun weird stuff to look at and great characters just hanging around to chat with. The first year I saw his stuff was at Scream at the Beach, way back in 2002.

Ooh.... I wonder if there's some "bad fake blood" between the groups.  :-\
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
I think im actually going to that haha XD

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
I will try to make an appearance. I might come as Inuyasha just because of the rain/cold and I'd be bright red and white. If not just look for a pirate, if I don't find you first ;D mwahaha
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
I'll make sure to wear my mario hat, it seems to distract some of the monsters.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
chris n i are intersted, we will need to check our $$
cuz i know you doing scream at beach next day...time to plan
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
FrightTown goes from 10 to when at night? Because I will be getting there before or at 10:30. (will be recording Star Wars: The Clone Wars at 9) ;D Also is money required for the event or what things there are money needed?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Sorry for not answering. It turned out to be $20 per person, more than I thought!

It was really good. The place was too crowded though so we kept getting caught behind people inside the haunts so we didn't get the full effect of some events. At one point the group got so turned around that we passed them!

The Asylum was good and had a couple really cool rooms. They did a great job of keeping you off your feet.

The other one (whose name didn't really matter) had this middle-of-nowhere desert rest stop feel like it was from Texas Chainsaw Massacre or House of 1000 corpses. This one had some great ideas but they ruined the last have by having a horrible smoke machine that made me cough and made my eyes hurt.

The best part was, of course, Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors. This isn't a haunt that you're rushed through the players allow you to take your time and look at stuff if you want to, most of them are creepy but not scary. This year's theme "Douchebags of the Living Dead" only comes up in the last couple rooms but it's definitely worth it to see these guys. Make sure to take your time in there.

It was very worth the 20 bucks.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!