Author Topic: Guitar Hero: World Tour  (Read 5986 times)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Guitar Hero: World Tour
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:53:16 pm »
OK so there's been some vids of the next GH game so I'm posting a link to a user on youtube that has them, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pdtecrj

Offline I Future Trunks I

• Cabbit
Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:39:52 am »
IT CAME OUT LAST SUNDAY! W00t!!!
MY friends and I made the Legend of Zelda Theme on it... so YAY!!!
MY COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09!
 MAH COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09
Toshiro Hitsugaya FROM BLEACH
Teen Sora from KINGDOM HEARTS
Mirai no Trunks from Doragon Ball Zetto
AND..of course... Lan Hikari from Megaman NT warrior!

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:19:20 am »
It sucks I hate it. I want my money back.

Seriously we've waited a year for that? What were they thinking. Rock Band 1 was better than this. I'm really frustrated over the whole thing because by all means it should have been a good game. Instead we've got some sort of unfinished game with an overly restricted character creator, poor song selection, bad graphics, horrible animation, bad sound, and an overall mechanical and unmusical feel.

It's cool that you created the Zelda theme that's up but overall I'm really sad about the Music Studio. I don't understand what the point of spending that much effort is on something like that when the results are always going to sound like a MIDI from 1995 with a poor soundfont. The amount of time required to make a song in that thing could be just as easily used to create a real song that sounds about 20-30x better and would be yours... that you could sell or give away or whatever. It just seems like a giant waste.

I'll be sticking with Rock Band. =/

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:33:11 am »
 i kind of agree... the fact that in Rock Band 3 (scheduled for release in 2010) allows you to plug in real guitars into the 360/PS3... is amazing...

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:43:22 am »
i kind of agree... the fact that in Rock Band 3 (scheduled for release in 2010) allows you to plug in real guitars into the 360/PS3... is amazing...

I hadn't heard that and I'd bet it's just a rumor also I'm willing to bet we'll see RB3 next year around this time as I don't think they're going to let the GH franchise release 3+ games next year unanswered. Be interesting if the keyboard rumor for RB3 is true though.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:30 am »
I still can't wait to get it, don't worry though Washu, I'll still play Rock Band also so that Pickachu's Rotting Carcass can come back next year, and maybe even be at Mewcon if you are going to make it to that one.

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »
i might make it... probably not...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »
I hear intriguing things about RB3.  Keyboard module would win hard.  As in I'd shell out heaps of money for any midi cables or whatever I'd need and I'd use my keytar I'm going to be making during winter break (hopefully).
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:27:10 am »
lol dude a keytar would be incredibly awesome, yeah most people think they are lame but in a video game it's all awesomeness.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 11:35:40 pm »
SHOW ME WHO THINKS A KEYTAR IS LAME.

I WILL LEARN THEM.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »
Most people who were teenagers in the 80's ended up thinking the keytar is lame. If someone was a teen in the 80's and they think a keytar is still cool then they most likely go to some sort of dorky convention lol. But seriously, a keytar peripheral would be sweet as all hell.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:17:05 am »
The song selection is weak at best. There are very few songs that I actually enjoy playing on this one, whereas every other game had a great range (and even some real metal: Dethklok!) So what happened with this one?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:21 am »
good thing about the 360 version, you can download any song from the previous one!!~~~

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 02:15:52 pm »
I say, blame it on the casual gamers, I read somewhere that a lot of people were complaining about there being too much metal in the games. I still can't wait to play it though because I want to play all the songs anyways.

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:29:44 pm »
GHWT == Guitar Hero for Frat Boys.

Seriously look at the marketing, look at like everything about it. They're trying as hard as they can to dumb it down and appeal to the hordes of people out there that gobbled up halo 3 like it was the last game ever being made. And yes the song selection is weak they're not as good at picking band songs as Harmonix is and it really shows. They seem to be limiting their thinking to overly popular songs and not trying to think outside the box really, and then randomly throw in a few shred songs for the old GH players (coughsatchboogiecough).

I'm also slightly bitter that even though the Ion kit is an 7 piece kit it still only works in 4 lane mode. I'm sure Activision is going to blame it on the cymbals not being distinct inputs... but they are hook it up to a computer and monitor the key presses coming from them. It's just them coping out.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 04:21:24 pm »
ugh if people who love halo 3 are playing this game then if I do still like it I'll never play it on Xbox Live. Halo 3 really sucked, I still love the first one though.

well washu, you're doing an awesome job at making me think I'll hate the new GH lol, oh well, if I do then I'll just play Rock Band 2. I really do like RB2 so there's nothing really bad if I don't like the new GH. However, if Diablo 3 sucks then I'm going to be pissed.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
IF DIABLO 3 SUCKS I WILL KILL THE WORLD.

Sounds like Guitar Hero might be going the same way DanceManiaX went: too easy, too mechanical.  It sells well but lacks the growing competitive edge to become a classic, so unless there's a big turnaround and the next guitar hero is much better quality, it will probably be a niche game in a couple years.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 12:52:31 am »
Yeah I do think Harmonix is doing things right with the competitiveness. I played the new GH at Aki-con and like I said in the Rock Band 2 topic, and that tofu stated, the notes seemed to not be part of the game. Another thing that didn't need to be there and also makes the game ugly is the create character thingy. It makes it ugly in two ways;
1: The graphics are disgusting, I loved how good the graphics were in 3, and Casey was super hot. On this one it looks like the PS3 version was the PS2 version.
2: Instead of staying "Guitar Hero" the creator is a blatant rip-off of Rock Band, it's something they added just because the enemy had it.

The gameplay to me was still just about the same, again, except for the notes seeming like they were going to fly out of the screen. oh and one thing that was kinda annoying but I guess doesn't matter all that much, the touch strip thing, why is there a lip on the bottom? Frets don't lift up at the bottom er side? of the fret. I liked the way the controller felt, except the strum bar. Why did they feel the need to make the strum bar exactly like the stratocasters? That felt really weird and I didn't like it too much, but the fret buttons felt nice in my fingas.

I think the best thing though, is the purple bar thing that lets you hammer-on/pull-off with out strumming as long as that bar thing connects the notes. That was really nice.
Honestly, I only really hate one song in the setlist, and I don't really have a problem with the rest of the songs, that I know of. I didn't get to see all the songs. However I do love the RB2 setlist incredibly more. Also, the songs that are in both GH:WT and RB2 were not nearly as fun on GH, specifically Ramblin Man!

Personally, when I play GH or RB it always feels kinda mechanical. I can get into the music because I know I can never play these songs on a realtar. I don't know how to explain this though.

All in all, I think I'll play both but if they somehow manage to make the next one worse then this, then I'll be a RB fan and not play GH anymore.

PS I think the reason there's so many songs on GHWT that are also on RB2 is because there is people out there who only buy the GH games, thus they want to give them at least some of what they are missing. Also, I still think the GH tournys can be used with this game, oh yeah, if I have to hear Eye of the Tiger one more time, I swear I'll start punching someone like a dead cow carcass! I seriously heard that damn song at least 15 times in an hour, ahhh my ears!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 11:46:48 pm »
I'll have to check out this new controller; sounds like it won't cut it for my top-tier demands; all the guitar hero controllers I've seen are on par with Konami's soft DDR pads for the home games, which are terrible unless you mod them.  I'm going to try to make a GH/RB guitar controller that comes closer to the par of the Konami arcade DDR pads, or at least Cobalt Fluxes.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 05:38:15 pm »
The controller is fine, the only thing weird was the touch strip thing and the strum bar. I wish I could draw a sketch of what I was trying to explain. I still haven't gotten to use a Rock Band guitar though so I still suck with it. The newer ones seem nice though, the clicky frets didn't feel to right, kinda like they were going to break. but the new ones fell really nice. opps this is supposed to be about GH. I noticed that when I wasn't wearing my glasses the notes looked just fine. but as far as the les pauls go, both of mine now don't work and I hope that saudering (sp?) will help them.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 01:35:57 am »
Hmm, I'll check it out, but unless it weighs 5-10lbs, has a finished maple neck, and uses actual steel strings for the keys, there's room for improvement.

Spelling is "soldering", sounds like "saudering".

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 12:33:57 am »
I'm sure someone who knows tech stuff could easily make a real guitar into a GH or RB controller. But unless it's a crappy controller or the person has enough cash to not care about buying and basically making a real guitar useless. Although I do think it'd be really sweet to have a peripheral that feels just like a real guitar would.

Thanks for the spell check.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:31 pm »
I could probably make one for under $50 if I did it all DIY and got some more tools.  People pay $400+ for arcade-style DDR pads; I imagine a real fan of Guitar Hero would be willing to pay $180 for a handmade custom guitar controller made of real wood with dimensions that match those of an actual guitar.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 01:30:42 am »
Yeah you're definitely right about that, although I think that if you made one and tried to sell it you could get some sort of lawsuit from probably Red Octane.

I just had an idea! The RB2 guitar has the lower frets and the new GH has the slide strip thing and I was just wondering if you could build both of those features into the controller somehow. I don't know if that's possible but it'd be sweet, and yeah I'd pay like 200 bucks for a sweet guitar controller.