Author Topic: 2008 October 11th GM Minutes  (Read 7491 times)

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
2008 October 11th GM Minutes
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:16:34 am »
General Meeting of Altonimbus Entertainment
Saturday, October 11, 2008

Presiding: Michael Andrews, President

Meeting called to order at 11:40 AM

Forty-five voting staff being present, a quorum was obtained.  Agenda: Unfinished business, Good of the Order.

Fifty-one voting members present, achieving quorum.

Unfinished Business:
At the August 16th meeting, Guy Returno moved that we table the motion to amend Article 4, Section B, subsections 6 and 7 of the bylaws such that Secretary and Vice-Chair become staff-elected positions (rather than board-appointed) until the general meeting in October.  Motion to table being carried, and this being the October general meeting, discussion resumes.

Discussion included points about personalization of the election and interest, roles as functionary of the board versus department head, the increasing responsibilities of Vice and Secretary, friendship networking.

Charles moved to divide the motion, separating the amendments addressing Vice-Chair and Secretary.  Motion to sever passed unanimously.

Motion to amend bylaws such that Vice-chair becomes staff-elected: Sixteen votes in favor, twenty-nine against. Two-thirds majority of the staff not being in favor, motion failed.

Fifty-four members now in the room.

Motion to amend bylaws such that Secretary becomes staff-elected: Ten in favor, thirty-six against.  Two-thirds majority of the staff not being in favor, motion failed.

Good of the Order:
All staff were thanked repeatedly for their hard work make a fantastic con.

Mike apologized abjectly for the madness at the beginning of con regarding four “missing” screens that were actually in his garage the whole time.  In retribution, Programming demanded he sing “I’m a Little Teapot” – with the dance – before the whole room.  And you KNOW it’s on youtube.com.

Meeting adjourned to elections at 12:19 PM
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:47:02 pm by staze »
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: 2008 October 11th GM Minutes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:19:36 am »
It's really the panelists that got sorted by the missing projectors screens.  Maybe they should be sent the youtube link.

I for one wasn't terribly enjoying having to answer "Where's the projector, where's the sound?  I was told it'd be provided"
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:41:20 pm »
It's really the panelists that got sorted by the missing projectors screens.  Maybe they should be sent the youtube link.

I for one wasn't terribly enjoying having to answer "Where's the projector, where's the sound?  I was told it'd be provided"

That's one of the things that we will fix for next year ;)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:36:50 pm »
I must say that while the missing projector screens was a bother I was thouroughly impressed with the speed at which Jaki responded with ideas. I ran Hentai on sheet on the wall, but while I was panicing she had people to assemble the projectors and everything went smoothly. I really only heard complaints from panelists lol. Im sure these mistakes wont be repeated. :)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:02:03 pm »
Correction - It was at the August 16th (15th?), final pre-con meeting that the motion to Table the Amendment was made.  Small detail, but I did panic a little when you said "September General Meeting" and I thought, "Oh crap!  Did I miss something there?"
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:47:33 pm »
Tofu,

Thanks for the correction. change made.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:34:18 pm »
As well and good as hello kitty pancakes are...

what actually happened at the meeting? A few life conflicts kept me from being able to make it and I want to know if there was any good new business/old business / good of the order that I missed.

-Kalagei
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D