Author Topic: Anime sluber party ^^  (Read 51520 times)

Offline orochimarufangirl

• Sailor Scout
Anime sluber party ^^
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:29:19 pm »
Hey everyone!
I had a fun idea, that I'm sure has been thought of before but still, for next Kumori-con. ( I would host it ) And that would be an Anime Slumber Party! I have only a rough draft idea, but basicaly a bunch of people could sign up, or just come, (b4 there was a sexis issue but now the boys can come) and basicaly have a really fun slumber party. I have a bunch of idea's, I am, hopefuly, going to make anime cookies (anime charaters in a cookie ^^) or people would like to help make them, have different kinds of games, which I will list once I write them down more. I'm not sure on were it could be, but I'm hoping it would be in one of the hotel rooms that Kumori-con rents. So what do you all think? I mean I haven't told you all of the fun info but still. Input? Conserns? Ideas? Questions?

Activites:
Anime chess (with real people, but our own vertion) or Anime chess on a board (with pics or figures)
Anime dating game Basicaly and dating show in anime form, it will be explaned, or just asked if you are wondering.
Improv games I have a million (figure of speech) Improv games and some don't even take much (or non) acting, there just fun. And if you don't want to play, you can still watch. Its fun either way.
Pillow fight The classic
Glomp cercal Classic anime-con game
Some kind of Scavenger hunt Anime style
Dancing
Contests Drawing, cosplay, maybe make up some kind of skit, I'm still thinking.

Food: I was hoping to be able to make our own mini pizza's.
Anime cookies.
And any other food ideas are welcome.

Things to bring: We wont be really sleeping, but its still in the slumber party theme, so bring...
a sleeping bag, or blanket and pillow, sleepwear (you come in your cosplay, and then you can change in your sleepwear when ever. You could be in regular sleepwear or, more recomened, cosplay in your sleep wear) Food/snakes to share, music to play and posibaly games you think would be fun to bring.

When: So far my idea about when it could be is the first day, (everyone is pumped about being at the anime-con and if its on the second day its kinda sad that the next day will be the last.) at 5-11 that should be plenty of time for food, fun, and games. Plus an hour to clean up and leave before curfew (curfew is at 12) near or at the end people can make groups ( just girls to one room and boys to another) to go back to some ones room for the sleep part or you can just go back to your own room.

I would also like to get all of your fav animes/mangas/video game name's. I'm going to have themes with some anime's and want to make sure everyone has at lest one of there favs in there. ( Theme stuff like, the cookies, some games.) Name at least 3 and if there is more then that, that you would die with out, just add it but try to stay with in 3.

Also if you want to help with the cookies heres a link to what got me the idea, so you can help too. I was hoping to make some my self and bring them (and others can do the same) and bring blank cookies and people could make there own anime cookies ^^
http://samanthapr.deviantart.com/art/One-Piece-Cookies-53375785
http://Traeonna.deviantart.com/art/Cookies-Random-Anime-Boys-25063561

I wanted to try and not get this on the schedual so it wont be as big. We will see what happends.

Anime Themes so far:
RomeoxJuliet: 1
Cardcaptor Sakura: 1
Fruits Basket: 1
Death Note: 1
Hellsing: 1
Inuyasha: 1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: 1
Ouran High School Host Club: 1
Higurashi no naku Koro ni: 1
samurai champloo: 1
record of loddoss war: 1
trinity blood: 1
Paradise kiss: 1
gravitation: 1
elfen lied: 1
FullMetal Alchemist: 1
Naruto: 1
Strawberry Panic: 1

We were thinking of setting an age. Any ideas of what the age rang could be?

I like these ideas, and if you have you own idea, let me know. And also if some of this (like acting, contests) are a little fify for you, its all about the fun. Don't get disscuraged ^^
I will try to make it work for everyone ^^

Thanks guys! X3
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 03:27:22 pm by orochimarufangirl »
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

oslapedo

Re: Anime sluber party ^^
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:55 pm »
I was already gonna sleep over at a few of my friend's rooms during the con so this sounds like a lot of fun :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:38:34 pm by oslapedo »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:41:45 pm »
I'm so in especially if it involves cookies. this sounds like tons of fun! :3 I know of a quite few people that would also like to come to this.

my only questions are do we need to show in cosplay, sleepwear, or cosplay/sleepwear? also what if the room you choose isn't big enough, will you do different interval's sort of like host club tea party?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:45:07 pm »
I know my group of girls would love to join in too. I'd love to make cookies for this ;D

I also worry about size. I envision much crowded-ness XD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:56 pm »
Yeah I like my cookie idea ^^ I got the idea from this
http://samanthapr.deviantart.com/art/One-Piece-Cookies-53375785
and this
http://Traeonna.deviantart.com/art/Cookies-Random-Anime-Boys-25063561

Good question.
I think people should come in there cosplay with a set of sleepwear (like there going to a friends house) they could be in there normal sleepwear or be crative and do cosplay sleepwear. I wanted it to actual be a sleepover, were we eat, play games and sleep.
For now I want to see how many people want to do this and figure it out, talk to the Kumori-con peoples about a room, etc. And with everyones help, I think we can pull it to geither. ^^ Espetialy when we have about a little less then a year to do it. 

I'm so in especially if it involves cookies. this sounds like tons of fun! :3 I know of a quite few people that would also like to come to this.

my only questions are do we need to show in cosplay, sleepwear, or cosplay/sleepwear? also what if the room you choose isn't big enough, will you do different interval's sort of like host club tea party?
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:07 pm »
well the thing I thought of was it should be plausible to get a room big enough but then to have everyone sleep? well it would be really fun but would they allow it. I mean so many people pay for hotel rooms, a bunch of people get to sleep in a room for free?

btw if all goes well I'll try to help and bring some snacks and goodies. :3
da/tumblr

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:52 pm »
Cool thanks, that will help alot.

Hmm. Thats true. Well its a rough draft idea. I need to work out these things. Maybe it will end up being a party but with an anime sluber party theme. Maybe I could ask the Kumori-con people about this and see what they think. What do you think?

well the thing I thought of was it should be plausible to get a room big enough but then to have everyone sleep? well it would be really fun but would they allow it. I mean so many people pay for hotel rooms, a bunch of people get to sleep in a room for free?

btw if all goes well I'll try to help and bring some snacks and goodies. :3
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:33:45 pm »
sounds good to me. ;D it's a new event that sounds fun. I've never actually been to full length panel, I like the events a lot better but not all of them. This one I know will probably be a success and really fun. what day do you think you might want to hold it on?
da/tumblr

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 09:35:17 pm »
sigh, always leaving us out of the fun.  :-\

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 09:37:22 pm »

You could host a manly sleepover, and exclude us if you wanted to :D

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 09:40:30 pm »
Yeah. And if it doesn't turn out to be really sleeping then the guys could probaly come. and it will still be fun.
It would probal be on the first day starting at 5-12 that should be plenty of time.

sounds good to me. ;D it's a new event that sounds fun. I've never actually been to full length panel, I like the events a lot better but not all of them. This one I know will probably be a success and really fun. what day do you think you might want to hold it on?
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:08 pm »
Yeah, the guys could totaly do that.
And I'm not sure if it will turn out to be actual sleeping, and if it doesn't I think the guys could come. But at the moment I'm going for just girls. Sorry.
But I do like the manly sluber party idea.

K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 09:57:29 pm »
Yeah. And if it doesn't turn out to be really sleeping then the guys could probaly come. and it will still be fun.
It would probal be on the first day starting at 5-12 that should be plenty of time.

one big crazy event. besides I've never actually once slept at a sleepover. we all stayed up and then we went to sleep once we got home. haha ^_^ but this I understand we'd need sleep considering all the things going on the next day :/. 5-12 I think would be a good time.
da/tumblr

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »

one big crazy event. besides I've never actually once slept at a sleepover. we all stayed up and then we went to sleep once we got home. haha ^_^ but this I understand we'd need sleep considering all the things going on the next day :/. 5-12 I think would be a good time.
Yeah. I think I like the idea of making it 5-12 insted of actulaly sleeping there. ^^
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 10:40:47 pm »
This sounds like so much fun : D count me in  : 33
just please PM me information when its coming up etc.etc  : D
<333

oslapedo

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 10:46:49 pm »
It's a party now that you're gonna be there Natalie! >:3

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 10:50:48 pm »
It's a party now that you're gonna be there Natalie! >:3

haha I take put the tay to the PARTYYYY :3333
haha just kidding. X3

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 10:53:28 pm »
Hey, can you guys tell me your top 3 fav anime? so I can start with themes and such? ^^ (read my first post in this forum if that wasn't a good explenation)
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

oslapedo

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 11:01:33 pm »
haha I take put the tay to the PARTYYYY :3333
haha just kidding. X3

Oh gawsh, I can't wait till you come over :D

My top 3 Anime atm:
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Ouran High School Host Club
3. Higurashi no naku Koro ni

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 11:12:09 pm »
Hey, can you guys tell me your top 3 fav anime? so I can start with themes and such? ^^ (read my first post in this forum if that wasn't a good explenation)

Hmmmm

well at the moment my three top favorites are:

* RomeoxJuliet
* Cardcaptor Sakura
* Fruits Basket

: 3333

Girly I know [hitshead]
I'm a shoujo gal :3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »
my 3 faves are:

1.samurai champloo
2.record of loddoss war
3.trinity blood
da/tumblr

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 11:30:51 pm »
Cool thanks guys ^^
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:00 am »

I think excluding anyone from anything never adds any fun. I can understand that the girls want their own privacy but...then you're also excluding yourselves from the rest of the con in a sense. We guys will be lonely without you.

I guess crossplaying as Sheik/Zelda (LoZ) won't work either will it?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:59 am »
I think that guys would only have to be excluded if it were a sleepover in a room, and it's sounding like it might turn into something more public so I'm not sure. Don't worry, there's plenty of other fun to be had, so one sleepover won't kill anyone's con ;)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:55 am »
I guess crossplaying as Sheik/Zelda (LoZ) won't work either will it?
ha ha, yeah that wouldn't work probably but it'd still be funny if someone tried it. ^_^ I'm sorry about the whole excluding thing but hey this idea is in the beginning. guys might become included.
da/tumblr

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 12:23:51 am »
maybe its better to have age limit instead and/or maybe a supervisor(I presume a staff member). 

Note that excluding males could have negative interpretations
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

oslapedo

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 12:32:50 am »
I don't see anything negative about it. Plenty of girl's parents (like mine) would be fine with me sleeping in a room full of girls, but if they were boys that'd be a no-no. I think if the girls and the boys each had seperate sleepovers that would eliminate the problems of segregation and everyone would be happy :3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 12:39:12 am »
we can all intermingle during games and food too but during the actual sleep part then it would be separate. everyone wouldn't be totally left out then. it could work right?
da/tumblr

oslapedo

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 12:42:52 am »
I agree. Sleep time is the only part that really needs to be ladies only.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 12:49:29 am »
Its a very very small chance that a negative perception could occur or even be an issue.  I could have misread the whole idea as I bascially stopped reading after seeing no males.

As for how could it be seen as negative?  It can look like sexism against men.  Basically, boys aren't allowed because they have questionable character.  I presuming everyone will be coming pre changed in their slumber party dress, so I dun see the privacy issue.

Now to be clear, I'm not arguing that you let boys in.  I'm likely just be ranting about what I percieve in the media.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 01:02:48 am »
I don't see anything negative about it. Plenty of girl's parents (like mine) would be fine with me sleeping in a room full of girls, but if they were boys that'd be a no-no. I think if the girls and the boys each had seperate sleepovers that would eliminate the problems of segregation and everyone would be happy :3
I guess I understand it now...I understand the reason for it being girls only sleepover just for the concern of things that might take place in the night. But then what about the party portion be guys and girls, but then have separate sleeping rooms if they want to crash?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

oslapedo

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 01:05:18 am »
But then what about the party portion be guys and girls, but then have separate sleeping rooms if they want to crash?

I think that's exactly how we should do it, party for everyone, but when it's time to go to sleep everyone scampers off to gender friendly rooms XD

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 01:07:17 am »
So would this be a panel or in rooms at the con?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 01:11:37 am »
seperate sleeping areas may be the best way to do it.  maybe someone to supervise to help reassure parents and to provide someone people can go to if there is trouble.

doing that idea may be a bit harder though.   mainly in terms how you're going to get that kinda of space.  and if the yojimbo can have someone on hand for the whole night(.....oh no....I can see the yojimbo will trying to draft me for that).

there is also the cerfew issue as well.  how you're going to by pass that as well.

if those issues can't be resolved then may you have to stick to have a private party in your hotel rooms.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 10:33:27 am »
I am not sure about the actualy sleeping part any more because I know there is alot of issues. My idea is that it would be a party with the theme of a slumber party and once its over there could be some groups of people who could go crash at there friends room or go back to there room. That way the guy could come.
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

oslapedo

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 10:35:21 am »
^ That works. I was going to sleep over at different friends rooms anyways, and I always have my room too XD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:23 am »
maybe its better to have age limit instead and/or maybe a supervisor(I presume a staff member). 

I think it would be good to have an age limit and a supervisor would be great. We could have one or two supervisors and a host whos kind of telling everyone what the activits and stuff are. ( I posted that at the begining, as me )
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 10:40:41 am »
^ That works. I was going to sleep over at different friends rooms anyways, and I always have my room too XD
Ok, I think we found a resolution. ^^ After it ends there could be people being like "who whats to crash at our room to night, for the girls" and they could have maybe a certen amount of people and there could be different kinds of groups that people can make them selfs at or near the end. So guys could do this as well.
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 10:42:26 am »
I personally know some of the staff so I can ask what issues there will be(presuming con policy remains the same)

speaking of ages, one thing to remember is the cerfew is roughly at midnight 17- so that is one major issue.  And I dun believe the con is going 24 hours either.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 10:48:40 am »
And just so you all now. You come in your cosplay with a packed par of sleep wear (either your own or something your charactor would wear) and then after about dinner-ish (guessing 8-ish?) then you can change so then people can see your cosplay. (its not a schuduled time when your supose to get in your PJ's its just an exsampile)

Also some of the games I have been thinking of are more fun when your in your cosplay, instead of PJ's.

How about in stead of 5-12 (because of the curfew) it will be 5-11 so then people will have an hour to clean up and leave in time for curfew. 
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline katenator

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 12:04:22 pm »
Sounds like a great idea. I'm totally in.  ;D

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 12:07:07 pm »
Sounds like a great idea. I'm totally in.  ;D

Great! Yaay! I'm glad your coming. XD

whoa really weird I just sent you an e-mail about this like 1 minute ago. Are you spycic? O.O :o Or are you a fast reader. o.o
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:31:38 pm by orochimarufangirl »
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 12:39:21 pm »
wow, more and more people are getting into this. :D the party together, sleep separately was a thought of mine too. but if no sleeping occurs the party will still be really great to do.
da/tumblr

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 12:48:25 pm »
I agree ;D
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 01:56:18 pm »
I personally know some of the staff so I can ask what issues there will be(presuming con policy remains the same)

That would be great if you could ask them so we can figure this out.  :D
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »
I did talk to one person, however, he isn't too familar with panel set ups as he mostly does yojimbo work.

He did suggest that you wait til the elections are over and then talk to the new person in charge of programming.

aimming for a 5-11 could work, but I'm guessing you'll have to reduce it to 1 or 2 hours.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »
I did talk to one person, however, he isn't too familar with panel set ups as he mostly does yojimbo work.

He did suggest that you wait til the elections are over and then talk to the new person in charge of programming.

aimming for a 5-11 could work, but I'm guessing you'll have to reduce it to 1 or 2 hours.

Alright then.
Only 1 to 2 hours? hm. well that kinda sucks... what about deviting them up? Like this year mask making and all room dancing were about 2 hours then right after that there was another one just the same in the same place. They almost over laped each other.

At first I didn't want to make a pannle out of this but now I think we should because then we wouldn't get a room.
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 04:26:58 pm »
you may get the 6 hours, but thats sounds like a lot of time for one panel.  so just consider the chance that you won't get as much time as you're hoping for.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 05:06:43 pm »
Alright. I put it to 6-ish hours cuz I have alot of ideas, now that I think of it I might not need that much. But still better more then less. I guess.

Thanks for the help by the way guys. ^^
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:16 pm »
Jaki is uncontested as programing director so you don't really need to wait until after elections.

As for having it be in someone's hotel room, I just wanted to chime in that I don't think that the planing of room parties is allowed in the forums, but making it an official panel is okay. 
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.