Deffinatly!
6 (31.6%)
Maybe...
12 (63.2%)
Deffinatly Not!
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 10, 2005, 07:24:15 am

Author Topic: Home-made Anime Dolls  (Read 21476 times)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2005, 10:42:40 am »
you don't have to buy any, unless you want to. What other changes would you like to see? I like how I have done the hair with felt, but I always wanted to experiment with yarn hair or even crochet their outfits. I tried painting their faces on a sample piece of cloth and it didn't turn out very well......hmmmm what else should I try?
Bunny
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2005, 12:51:40 pm »
you could always do a google or two to try and get some ideas. Hehe, yarn hair would be pretty cool... give your dolls dreads lol! You could even buy sacks of lose extension hair for them if you wanted (only like $4 bag too). It would be kinda tricky for some of the dolls, but if they were wearing a hat or had pig tails or something it wouldn't be too hard. Also, I noticed that you kinda drew on the faces of the ones I saw, have you tried cross stitching some of that on? I've seen it done well before, not sure if you've tried it, but it's an idea. It seems like the craft stores might also have like plastic eyes and such if you look, since I know there's lots of people out there that make dolls. :) Oh, you could maybe even make little wings for some of your dolls (would work well for characters that have them)... either feathered or fairy-ish ones would be cute... there's just a few ideas...
I would just look at what's been done, what works and doesn't, and take a good look at the characters you want to make. I'm sure you'd have fun trying things out. :)

ooh, you know what would be cool too? If you really want to try and make their clothes, make them so they come off and maybe have like different changes of clothes for your dolls for the characters that have alternate outfits. That would be pretty cool! :)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2005, 08:18:04 am »
Yeah, I thought about the platic hair stuff, but I dont know. It would be hard to put in and make it look nice. For cross-stich faces, i tried but frankly, cross stich and I just don't go together. ^_^ My sister can do it really well but I think it goes along with drawing. I can copy the eyes, but thats about the extint of my artisit (in a drawing sence) ability. ~_^
The dolls I have made have removable clothes but they are complicated and you have to put them just so, so everything lines up. I am trying to figure out a way to make them better to remove and extra suits would be cool! Like a sailor moon with her school girl outfit and then her Sailor outfit complete with hair ornaments and hand wand (or whatever you would call it)!! I need to experiment more! My brother just got his 'graduation' present from my parents so now they know how much they want to spend on us and we are going to talk to a lady with about sewing machines spring break. So hopefully by the begining of next term I will have my new sewing machine up and running!!! Yeah!!! ^_^
bunny

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2005, 11:26:31 am »
Hehe, sounds cool! Have fun with it! I know that I've really appreciated my sewing machine ;)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2005, 09:44:52 pm »
i realllllllllllllllllllllly want a Kyuubi (naruto) plushie

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2005, 12:31:40 pm »
Ok, ok! I haven't worked out the pattern for four legged creatures, but I have decided to take everyone's request, ideas, etc. and make a doll of that to sell at Kumoricon. I will also have many other characters and stuff at the con. And as Irong's suggested I am going to crochet clothes for some of the dolls, make yarn hair, and do other expiraments and sell all the different creatiosn adn styles. If you have any suggestions that you think I should try or you think would be cute, post please!
Bunny

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2005, 04:39:48 pm »
:) I can't wait to see what you come up with! GL!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2005, 08:45:53 pm »
YAY KYUUBI PLUSHIE....how much will they be  :?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2005, 09:34:06 pm »
I think a naruto with fox ears & tail would be very cute.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2005, 12:23:01 am »
I have a suggestion...
But I can't remember the girl's name.  (I don't have the game)

What's the name of that one girl from "Phantom Brave"?  She's the main girl, wears a dress, green hair, hangs out with Ash...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2005, 03:30:48 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
I have a suggestion...
But I can't remember the girl's name.  (I don't have the game)

What's the name of that one girl from "Phantom Brave"?  She's the main girl, wears a dress, green hair, hangs out with Ash...

That'd be Marona. She is adorable! I love that game so much... *goes off to  play*

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2005, 04:13:31 pm »
Kyuubi- They will probably be ten to fifteen dollars, probably more towards fifteen. The normal anime dolls that they sell at cons are sold for ten to twelve dollars and they are smaller than mine.

Kurimono- Does Naruto have fox ears and tail in the story, or do you just want him too?? O_O I know practicly nothing about Naruto so please forgive my ignorance. But seeing as how Naruto is extremely popular I plan to have at least one of every most important characters that there is in the series (ummm can anyone tell me who that would be?? ;^_^

Negima- Marona is sooo cute!! She is deffinatly possible, I will try my hardest to have her for Kumoricon!

Thank you for your suggestions!!!
Bunny

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2005, 06:10:00 pm »
Quote from: "Bunny_Mae"
Kurimono- Does Naruto have fox ears and tail in the story, or do you just want him too?? O_O I know practicly nothing about Naruto so please forgive my ignorance. But seeing as how Naruto is extremely popular I plan to have at least one of every most important characters that there is in the series (ummm can anyone tell me who that would be?? ;^_^
Bunny

No, he doesn't.  there is Kyuubi verison, that mainly affects his eyes and gives him claws.  the fox ears & tail is based on fanart(I think) as he does have a fox demon within him.  I just think those picture were adorable though!! ^_^

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2005, 09:48:33 pm »
But seeing as how Naruto is extremely popular I plan to have at least one of every most important characters that there is in the series (ummm can anyone tell me who that would be?? ;^_^

Get ready for a long list (important characters vary from person to person):
Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, Gaara, Temari, Kankuro, Neji, Hinata, Ino, Li, Shikamaru, Choji, Tenten, Haku, Kiba, Gai, Zabuza, Iruka

Negima- Marona is sooo cute!! She is deffinatly possible, I will try my hardest to have her for Kumoricon!

I'll be sure to check it out then.  ^_^

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2005, 04:11:07 pm »
Kurimono- ok i will try to find the Naruto fanart that has him with fox ears and tail. It will be fairly easy to incorporate ears and a tail.

Negima- wow thats a lot, i probably wont make one of each, but I will make as many as possible!

Bunny

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2005, 02:18:46 am »
Just thought I should give you as many names as possible so you know just how many characters there are. (And there's more after that)

Good luck on the plushies. ^_^

Anonymous

Fun Anime Sewing Projects!
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2005, 12:37:35 pm »
My sweetie is making a TACHIKOMA PLUSHIE on her sewing machine .... !

She also got a few cardboard tube noisemakers (they make sheep/goat bleats when tipped sideways) and has made a Last Exile goat toy.

I suggested that since the shape is about right, she could insert one into the rear 'can' section of the Tachiikome, but that would be HIGHLY silly:

Take a  Tachikoma, tip it over and it says "Bleee-AA-AA-AA-hhhh!"

- G

( PS: You can also get them
in 'Moo,' 'Oink,'  and other
barnyard noises. )

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2005, 06:35:21 pm »
Negime- Please no more!!! ~_^ I am deffinatly going to try and read at least the first Naruto (if not more) before I start making them so I can get an idea of what the character should be like.

Guest- That sounds very cute!!! It would be niffty if it was possible to get custom made noise makers. For example you could have a super sailor moon that says "Super Make Up Power!!!" (If there is a super-duper fan of sailor moon reading this, please do not be offended, I have not watched sailor moon since I was little (cuase it isnt on normal, non-cable tv anymore) and I don't remember what she says exactually) when you tip her over. So cute!! They could say five different things depending on if you squeez a hand, a foot, or tip them up side down or give them a hug!! Tee hee!!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2005, 01:01:19 am »
Negime- Please no more!!! ~_^ I am deffinatly going to try and read at least the first Naruto (if not more) before I start making them so I can get an idea of what the character should be like.

I would suggest also looking on the net for pictures of the characters.  Some of the characters I listed don't appear until book 4 or so.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2005, 01:44:33 am »
Hey Negima, what you think if they made negima dolls?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2005, 02:32:11 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
Hey Negima, what you think if they made negima dolls?

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ....
... How in the world did that not come to my mind?  Talk about forgetting the obvious on my part...

Are Negima plushies a possibility?  Maybe Negi, Asuna, or Evangelion?

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2005, 10:08:50 am »
Negima- Yes I do try to google them, but I want to at least get to know some of the naruto characters. And I think i am the only anime freak in the whole world that hasn't read naruto yet, so i think it is time. ~_^ Negima dolls are deffinatly possible, how about a list of the characters from negima that you would like to see and think that other people would like to buy. See if I make only dolls one person wants I would never sell them, because I don't think you want to buy thirty naruto dolls do you? ^_^ If you have a link to a good site with lots of negima and naruto pics that would also be very, very helpful! Thanks!
Bunny

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2005, 01:34:26 am »
Naruto pics
Came across one site that has a lot of Naruto pics.

I haven't really started on a Negima search yet.
As for which characters, I can't think of many except for Negima, Eva, or Asuna.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the series.

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 04:04:10 pm »
Negima- thank you so much!! That helps a lot! Ok, about the negima pics and the characters.
Bunny

Anonymous

Fun & Noise.
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2005, 12:01:19 pm »
Ok, ok! I haven't worked out the pattern for four legged creatures, . . .
My wife sold the Tachikoma thingie at Sakuracon. She did a lot of hand stitching for the four legs and the three other weird claw-like thins it has under the saucer section. Go ahead & write her an e-mail if you want some tips or hints.

It would be nifty if it was possible to get custom made noise makers. For example you could have a super sailor moon that says "Super Make Up Power!!!"
Neat New Topic:

OBNOXIOUS NOISEMAKER ANIME PLUSHIE THINGS:

1. Any typical girl combatant from boxing/fight games, especially a type where the ponytail in the back of the head looks like a bearded axe in profile. All it does is say "YaaaAAAAA!" "Iku-wa!" and "Urusanai-wa!" (And OK, that's 30% of the dialogue from 'Real Bout Highschool')

2. The guy from SCRYED who just says "HAMMER!!!" all the time.

3. Any K-drip. Actually, you could do this with a generic boy's body seated with its legs crossed and its hand cupped behind the head. The noise it makes is the well-known, weak simpering laugh when asked to make an actual decision - like which one of its harem it likes best. The neck is actually a screw-thread, to that the heads can be replaced even though the characters all sound the same. The kit comes with heads from 'Ah! My Goddess!,' 'Handmaid May,' and 'Love Hina.' The expansion head-set includes shounen-drips from 'Maburaho,' 'El Hazard,' and of course, Tenchi himself.

4. Miyaka and Tamahome: The noise makers only say "Miyaka!" / "Tamahome!" ad infinitum which is again, about 30% of the dialogue of THAT show ...

5. No wait - this one might be COOL: Xellos with his trademark "Sore wa himitsu dess!"

Any more?!?

- G

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Home-made Anime Dolls
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2005, 06:31:01 pm »
G- don't know who your wife is, so I can;t really e-mail her... ;^_^

Thoes are funny, I think it is a good thing that it isn't possible though...thoes would be as annoying as the little bean bags that yell things when you hit them/drop them/throw them on the ground....