Author Topic: Parents and anime  (Read 13080 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: Parents and anime
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »
@GenkiIchigo
not odd, quite interesting actually
what does your sister think of it now curiously?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 03:22:54 am »
@Koga
a quick reading over at wikipedia says that flamethrowers are quite legal.  some states may disallow them but there is no laws against them on the federal lvl in the US.  military just decided to stop using them to the fact they to tend to have bad PR and are less effective in today combat(due to short range).  There is still some non military uses for flamethrowers as well

well make him be quiet on the flamethrowers?

OMG YESSS!!  i will be sure to put that in his know-it-all face!
Team Koga

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 04:03:47 am »
My parents thought i was a genius(fooled them)... so after I started buying every Macross VHS anime I could afford at Fry's Electorincs... every christmas... I'd get a new anime under the tree... My dad took me to Ghost in the Shell when it was in theaters when I was 14 at cinema 21 because no kids under 17 were allowed without their parents. I think part of it...was being raised baptist...my parents didn't let me watch He-man(because of homosexual imagery or some nonsense the church made up)...so I could watch Gatchamon, Speed Racer and Robotech...I didn't realize how much anime I watched during my Fraudian latency period...best not to think about it. But I think I rubbed off more on my parents then the other way.

My dad wathes Afro Samurai.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 09:04:44 am »
@GenkiIchigo
not odd, quite interesting actually
what does your sister think of it now curiously?

My sister is still pretty indifferent to it I think, but her kids watch and play YuGiOh and Pokemon. I guess anime is pretty hard to avoid now though!

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 12:23:17 pm »
I'm actually really lucky.  My Mom and Aunt are sci-fi fans and they took me to Star Trek conventions as a kid, so not only did I have great chances to be a part of a "fandom" atmosphere early, but I saw fanaticism as a normal thing and a way to bond growing up.  I also have a younger sister who is 15 years old, and inherited the "Geek Girl" gene as well.  My Mother took very well to Anime, and now watches quite a bit as well to keep up on what my sister and I are interested in.  She was really into Tenchi for awhile there.

My Father on the other hand is a mundane, and doesn't get us, but was always fine with letting us go off and do our own thing as long as he didn't have to be a part of it.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline xkuroxhanax

• Chibi
    • LJ, gaiz.
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 08:55:15 pm »
My parents are actually pretty cool with it. not really interested themselves, but not hating on it or anything. actually, my dad loves going to cons, and after his first one, made me lend him my FMA manga to read. he liked it. xD
2009 Cons:
~Sakura-con 09
~Anime Evolution 09
~Kumoricon 09

Current cosplays:
~Axel (KH2)
~Kanda (DGM)

Offline kurakoneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2008, 10:50:14 pm »
My parents accept it mostly...except that sometimes they'll say it's for kids.They don't know much about it. :-X

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
hmm I was in middle school when I started watching anime, my parents didn't know most of anything I did though so they only know now because I go to conventions.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 07:48:40 pm »
man every time I think of parents and anime or when I'm watching a show with the girls that change into a super cute alter ego(tokyo mew mew, sailor moon, princess tutu, etc) I think of 'why don't they just attack her while she's transforming?' from an otaku survival guide. it's such a true statement too, I've thought of it several times before.

so I had the fma movie since I never got to finish and I asked my mother if I could watch it since I was at her house. first she said sure. then she asked me if it was that weird stuff I liked which after hearing me respond yes she said no. then she said to watch it when everyone went to sleep(which wouldn't have been until very late and I didn't want to stay up that long to watch a movie). then she said that I just shouldn't watch it all while I was over there since murrey(her boyfriend) would comment it, insult it, wouldn't shut up about it, or would just be THERE while I'm watching it. man its nice to only have to go there every other weekend.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:48:59 pm by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM